15 MINUTE PENALTY IS STILL BROKEN - MUST FIX!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

15 MINUTE PENALTY IS STILL BROKEN - MUST FIX!

Postby ImperialBiscuit on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 am

Psyonix I am not sure whether this change was intentional or not, but either way it's an inexcusable mistake. When you have a teammate who quits the game you should be able to leave the now ruined and unfair match without taking a penalty.
If this was an intentional change, it should be fixed. Why should you have to accept a 15 minute penalty once one of your teammates has already quit the game? It's a horribly unfun situation to be in, as most of the time it happens you are dealing with toxic players. To find yourself in this situation you have to be in circumstances where someone attempted to forfeit either out of rage or because the game is basically over and there's one person on the team who refuses to forfeit for so long that one player has actually quit. So you are dealing with tilted people by default and most times a forfeit is impossible. Why should you have to sit there and wait it out once the game is already unfair and not fun because someone left.

But you know what? I don't think it IS intentional, because this is not the way it used to be! You used to be able to leave a match if your teammate had bailed on you and not take a penalty. I don't recall seeing this change announced. So if it is a bug, ITS UNACCEPTABLE THAT IT HASN'T BEEN FIXED AT THIS POINT. There are multiple posts about this issue, some of them from yours truly, pointing this issue out going back MONTHS. It's understandable to need a little time to sort these things out but you've had huge patches and content additions since then! Is fixing the bugs less of a priority to you than adding dlc? Come on and stop subjecting your players to crappy situations. Hopefully typing this whole thing out killed the 15 minutes I had to eat because the game decides to ban you after you've already suffered being stuck with quitters and throwers.
ImperialBiscuit
Supersonic

Steam ID: Imperial_Biscuit
Region: North America

Re: 15 MINUTE PENALTY IS STILL BROKEN - MUST FIX!

Postby OsoMako on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:49 am

I'm fairly sure the "Abandon Match" option isn't available until the other player can't get back in. So you can't just abandon immediately when they drop, but have to wait til they can't reconnect to the game anymore. Are you saying the option wasn't available for the entire game?
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako

Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Postby JWC1305 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 am

OsoMako wrote:I'm fairly sure the "Abandon Match" option isn't available until the other player can't get back in. So you can't just abandon immediately when they drop, but have to wait til they can't reconnect to the game anymore. Are you saying the option wasn't available for the entire game?

Not OP but this is a real issue. There is an issue with the leave match/vote to forfeit/abandon button and sometimes rotates through all 3 at the same time.

Related highly upvoted Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/77x25n/dear_psyonix_you_have_a_race_condition_in_your/

Devin said they'll take a look - so hopefully it'll be fixed next update.
JWC1305
Supersonic

PSN ID: JWC1305
Steam ID: JWC1305
Region: EU

Postby ImperialBiscuit on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 am

Honestly, It was 6- 0 and the one guy was not moving, just throwing and insulting the team in chat and the other quit. I don't think it was a DC. If he got disconnected, fine. If he opted to abandon match I still shouldn't take a penalty. I don't see why it should be possible for the other player to reconnect after he abandons a match.
ImperialBiscuit
Supersonic

Postby ImperialBiscuit on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Boosting again because it is, curiously, still somehow an issue and I don't understand it. Again just now I went to cast a vote for a forfeit. I've been playing for two years its muscle memory at this point. And right as i went to vote someone quit, and the option got changed to leave match and I accepted out of habit and took a ban. Although this time it was only 5 minutes. So I guess they changed that, but didn't fix the issue? So I'm using that five minutes to bring it to your attention. Again.
ImperialBiscuit
Supersonic

Postby N7Mith on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah, i've seen it change a dozen times. I haven't been trolled by it yet, but it's definitely annoying.

I'm also confused how an update that changed nothing on the UI, can break a button.

It appears I broke the rep system. Sorry!
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

As per this the nov 9 patch http://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-39/

it was supposed to be fixed. If this is still happening as you state make sure you submit a ticket with times and dates so Psyonix can have something to reference. From my experiance I haven't had this issue but it's 100% possible that this is still not 100% working so submitting a ticket is the best way to go over a forum post. At the very lease Psyonix is aware of it since it was in the patch notes earlier
Doomstrike
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Return to General Discussion