Ranked is in bad shape on the higher levels

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Ranked is in bad shape on the higher levels

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:02 pm

From the people that i've spoken to, is ranked absolutely dead.
Pretty much everyone i talk(ed)/play(ed) dislikes ranked now due to the high amount of last season diamond players.
Its one massive pool of chasing and hogging.
In a team its easy to overcome but its new for many higher ranked players as soloqueue is deadly and toxic.
Therefor is a 6mans on discord which divides you in classes according to the rank you have now.
They keep track of your games in the 6mans and theres alot of people that i talked to that only play that now or at least more regular than ranked.
Not sure if this is accurate but its from my pov with the circle of people i talk with.
Anything you guys can think of to make ranked fun again? cuzz rn its just boring.
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is in bad shape on the higher levels

Postby Fazel23 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Damn. I thought I was actually improving.
Fazel23
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: fazel23
Steam ID: Fazel2323
Region: PS4/PC

Postby Tentacles on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:13 pm

And lets not forget about HCB in nearly every single match. It's not about skill it's about luck now.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:23 pm

I've really been enjoying the 6man games in that server. Been enjoying it much more than ranked actually. The games aren't always close but generally it's fun
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Re : Classée est en mauvais état sur les niveaux supérieurs

Postby WwbriochewW on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:06 am

Hello My username is WwbriochewW is morning I was rocketer while the day before I was lvl 46 in short I would like to become lvl 46 because I'm killed in games because I have a rank too elevate to my lvl please (my frenche) (PC steam )
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

Steam ID: WwbriochewW
GamerTag: WwbriochewW
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

Re: Re : Classée est en mauvais état sur les niveaux supérie

Postby N7Mith on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:43 pm

WwbriochewW wrote:Hello My username is WwbriochewW is morning I was rocketer while the day before I was lvl 46 in short I would like to become lvl 46 because I'm killed in games because I have a rank too elevate to my lvl please (my frenche) (PC steam )
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

What?

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re : Re : Classée est en mauvais état sur les niveaux supéri

Postby WwbriochewW on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:27 am

N7Mith wrote:
WwbriochewW wrote:Hello My username is WwbriochewW is morning I was rocketer while the day before I was lvl 46 in short I would like to become lvl 46 because I'm killed in games because I have a rank too elevate to my lvl please (my frenche) (PC steam )
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

What?

I lvl 75 full rocketer I lvl 46 and don't lvl 75
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

Re: Re : Re : Classée est en mauvais état sur les niveaux su

Postby N7Mith on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 pm

WwbriochewW wrote:
N7Mith wrote:
WwbriochewW
Supersonic

What?

I lvl 75 full rocketer I lvl 46 and don't lvl 75

Oh, you got an xp glitch that maxes out your level. But those have no effect on gameplay and matchmaking. It's just an indication of time played, and a poor one at that. Mmr is seperate. (the score that determines who you get matched with)
If people talk shit about being a bad rocketeer, hide your title. Last tab in the car customization.

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby N7Mith on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 am

We need another calibration. Diamond is totally screwed with people like me who don't belong there. Half the population is skilled just short of champion level, the other half belongs in platinum. I'm moving up steadily, but when when real Diamond players are in the game it's painfully clear that I don't belong there.

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby adstar on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 am

too many smurfs nowadays, they can operate easily by saying they have alternate accounts......... no ban, nothing, they have 2 different ranks on 2 different accounts, that's cheating..................no one will ever fix this, what a game.............................................................................................
Why is this cheating allowed??????????????????????????????
adstar
Supersonic

Postby HAKKO on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

adstar wrote:too many smurfs nowadays, they can operate easily by saying they have alternate accounts......... no ban, nothing, they have 2 different ranks on 2 different accounts, that's cheating..................no one will ever fix this, what a game.............................................................................................
Why is this cheating allowed??????????????????????????????

*its profitable
*its not cheating
*not sure how you would prevent it, but it would likely cost money (to further cut down profits)

In fact, they likely encourage it by making the top end ranks so volatile.
HAKKO
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: HAKKO
Region: PC, east/west us

Postby Fish_Goes_Moo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Psyonix say smurfing is cheating.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/code- ... ng-policy/

"Cheating (which includes smurfing, opponent collusion, etc.)"

Of course it means fuck all, because $$$ from new accounts, but it is against the rules. I honestly wish they would just end the farce and say it's fine and we can end the complaints.
Fish_Goes_Moo
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

If they actually wanted people to buy new copies they'd be swinging the banhammer left and right at smurfs so they'd be forced to buy another copy if they wanted to play. Either way they really can't stop you from buying a new copy under a different account. There is no way for them to tell it isn't actually you playing it. The only way to completely prevent smurfing would be tracking players by MAC address (I think) but even then that would limit one player to one machine, preventing anyone else in the household from playing under their own legit accounts.

One of my buddies is really into CS:GO and I think he said that you have to verify your account with a unique phone number or something and supposedly that cut down on smurfing when they implemented that. Which could be a good alternative imo
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:One of my buddies is really into CS:GO and I think he said that you have to verify your account with a unique phone number or something and supposedly that cut down on smurfing when they implemented that. Which could be a good alternative imo

What's to stop some smurf from putting in a phony number though (which has the doubly-negative effect of actually preventing the real owner of said number from joining)?
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Kovash on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 am

The 6man discord is great. To me the main advantage is the format: a bo5 will more often give the true winner while during a simple game, many things can go wrong.
That's the main reason I'm really forward to try the in-game tournament system !
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Kovash
Region: EU

Postby N7Mith on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:01 am

Galactic Geek wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:One of my buddies is really into CS:GO and I think he said that you have to verify your account with a unique phone number or something and supposedly that cut down on smurfing when they implemented that. Which could be a good alternative imo

What's to stop some smurf from putting in a phony number though (which has the doubly-negative effect of actually preventing the real owner of said number from joining)?

I got plenty friends with 0 interest in the game. Pretty easy to get to use their phone.

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Fish_Goes_Moo on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:18 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:If they actually wanted people to buy new copies they'd be swinging the banhammer left and right at smurfs so they'd be forced to buy another copy if they wanted to play. Either way they really can't stop you from buying a new copy under a different account.

Can't stop. But could actually enforce the rules and ban the account from mm.

Not hard to see the smurfs. People openly do it these days and admit it in game, don't even hide behind the "came from console" bollocks, just straight up happy to admit they are smurfing because psyonix do fuck all. People have the cheek to have their main account as friend on their smurf. Popular youtubers, pros, all openly smurf and Psyonix do nothing, literally video evideance of people smurfing and Psyonix do fuck all, what more do they want to enforce the rule? a signed confession?

Should just remove it from the rules. It's clear they have 0 intention of enforcing it, so why bother having it there.
Fish_Goes_Moo
Acrobatic

Return to General Discussion