Banned... for what?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Banned... for what?

Postby Gamermole on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm

ok im going to be honest now, i always play fairly in RL and never just leave a match. nor do i talk crap, i do come across lots of abusers and usually brush them off, its very rare that i would ever join in, last night i remember a player saying he was going to report me and i said why, he said because i was going to report him and i said yes because you are talking crap about your team mates, i then said im not that fussed as i have RL on other consoles (of which i do) i then went to play a game tonight and im met with a message that i have been banned for abusive language?

other than my name (im not gay but £20 is £20) i dont recall being straight forward abusive.

i have put 350+ hours into rocket league on the xbox one 711 hours into my steam version. and i just checked today when the game is launching on switch as im going to be buying the game on that aswell. (i could only find a holiday 2017 date). i have put over 1000 hours into RL i have already bought it twice and was willing to buy it a third time. im way past starting crap online, i just want to play a game that i enjoy playing. i really need to have a word with somebody who may be in the know as to why exactly i have been banned.

Without an answer im afraid that i will have to hang up my rocket league boots and drop out all together and do something more productive with my time like game development or something.
Gamermole
Acrobatic

Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Banned... for what?

Postby N7Mith on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:05 pm

If you feel you're wrongfully banned, submit a ticket https://support.rocketleague.com/

But you have to have used a word from the blacklist to have been autobanned. And I can't imagine crap being on there (but we just don't know 4 sure.)
Here's the autoban system explained: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37693

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Gamermole on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 pm

man i could have said any of the "secret words" if they are secret how am i supposed to not say them? im a jokey player (never offensive) for instance we was level pegging and in overtime when a player on my team scored and we won. i wrote hey dude i was going to go and make a drink after this match but i cant due to the boner you just gave me, we all laughed and he messaged me later saying add me dude that was a great game.

Now if boner was one of said secret words then i apologise for praising a player in such a weird way, i may even use the word s#it, wow dude that save was the s#it, or sorry dude im playing s#it today :( never aggresively.

Im sorry i agree 100% with bans and i come across absolute filth when online that deserve banning. players wishing cancer on others and talking about rape and the such. sure ban them, but to put into place a "list" of 20 words that will get you automatically banned without an actual person checking to see in which context the actual words were used?

I didnt sign up for that upon purchasing this game nor was i ever told this would be the case, it would be interesting to see where i stand as a consumer in court knowing that a company that has taken money for a game is stripping said user of all (bar bots and local) playability on a game that is heavily online focused.

Is it even legal (and im being honest) to take money and then disallow play based on what a (BOT) finds bad behaviour?
Gamermole
Acrobatic

Postby N7Mith on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm

You still have to be reported by people for the autobahn system to ban you. This does mean that players can report you for these examples you gave, and once the threshold for that word is reached you get banned. But if it really is obvious that you were joking, or even praising someone, chances are they withdraw the ban if you submit a ticket. However; some words are not okay to use ever. These words have a threshold of 1. I doubt you can fight these.

Is it legal? Yes. You've accepted the ToS (popup) and agreed you'd abide by the rules. Being toxic is against the ToS, so they have every right to strip you of your privileges. But again; if you weren't toxic you can fight that.

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm

Gamermole wrote:ok im going to be honest now

You mean you weren't before!? ;)
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 am

Fair enough you dont sound like your being overly toxic,But if you knew about the ban system.using a bit common sense you could of easily avoided the ban,Me personally i would never say something like " hey dude i was going to go and make a drink after this match but i cant due to the boner you just gave me" just on the off chance that im talking to a 12 year old girl or something
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby N7Mith on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:03 am

littlebigleg wrote:Fair enough you dont sound like your being overly toxic,But if you knew about the ban system.using a bit common sense you could of easily avoided the ban,Me personally i would never say something like " hey dude i was going to go and make a drink after this match but i cant due to the boner you just gave me" just on the off chance that im talking to a 12 year old girl or something

Siiick Savage!!

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Gamermole on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm

littlebigleg wrote:Fair enough you dont sound like your being overly toxic,But if you knew about the ban system.using a bit common sense you could of easily avoided the ban,Me personally i would never say something like " hey dude i was going to go and make a drink after this match but i cant due to the boner you just gave me" just on the off chance that im talking to a 12 year old girl or something

HAHAHA i see what your getting at but dont worry i checked the guys name beforehand and it was def a dude hence the reason i said dude, otherwise i wouldnt have said anything at all. the case said solvedyet im still banned. so i believe if the ban is legit they need to send me the comment i said plus the timestamp of when i said it?
Gamermole
Acrobatic

Postby Gamermole on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm

ok thats it......... im requesting if its possible to permaban me after i have given my items away? just got off my ban (before ban was on a 7 game win streak) played 5 games and lost them all, struggling to find my place on the field now and im not sure why (maybe either im stressed about the ban sitiation or its always niggling away at my mind mid game) i cant position, cant shoot, missing boosts, all in all im just not enjoying the game anymore.

Out of the 5 games i lost straight 2 of the games had toxic players chatting s#@T and the other 3 games on doubles my mate left in all 3 games leaving it 2 vs 1.

i still havent had an explanation as to why i have been banned and im not interested at all in investing another hour or £1 into a game that can just randomly ban me whenever some toxic bitch complains. and to be fair i dont see why anyone would want to invest any amount of time into something when they could eventually be permabanned meaning everything they did before the ban is totally pointless. we only live once and i aint wasting another minute with this s#@t
Gamermole
Acrobatic

Postby ImNotARobot on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

I got on the forum to find out if banning for harassment was actually a thing. I am harassed constantly to the point that I don’t want to play the game anymore. I’m just a veteran and don’t play a ton but it seams constant most games. So, thanks for your post explaining your experience with banning. I believe that you may have been banned unnecessarily, and many players joke obviously, but there are many out there who aren’t. I read other blogs that banning in RL hardly ever if not never happens. If the no harassment policy in RL is enforced it doesn’t seem to work. I just wish this game were like other games that take it more seriously.
ImNotARobot
Supersonic

Postby tastegw on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm

ppl report players for anything and everything. ive had a full team (3v3) report me (alleged) for demo'ing them. ive had teammates report me for not forfeiting when they wanted to. etc etc

its pretty much a joke tbh. the report system that is. unless a player is intentionally entering games to grief or verbally abusing other players, or in rare circumstances (in this game at least) cheating, then all else should never get anyone banned.

i see way too many racist comments going on in-game, those should be the first to go imho.
tastegw
Acrobatic

Steam ID: tastegw
Region: usa - east

Postby Gamermole on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 am

this is complete bullshit, i filed a ticket requesting to be shown the reason i was banned.

after sending the ticket i recieved this email message.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the Rocket League Support Team!

If you have been banned you will receive a message stating the reason and time frame of the action.

For more information on our moderation practices please refer to the following blog posts:

As you can see in the image above the case is now at solved instead of open and i havent recieved [email protected] all regarding the reason for the ban. if it was an honest mistake, grow a [email protected] pair and admit it, otherwise email me the proof.
Gamermole
Acrobatic

Return to General Discussion