Xbox One Crashing (Error 67) Potential FIX! [Temporary]

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Xbox One Crashing (Error 67) Potential FIX! [Temporary]

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:46 pm

A very helpful user by the name of Supirio has shared a potential fix for Xbox One Error 67 related crashes. If anyone who has the issue is able to test this and let me know if its working it'd be super helpful!

Supirio wrote:Solution: Remove all of your friend list. Worked for me, solved the Error 67 when attempting to join games and creating/party trading, and stopped the frequent crashes.

(Note: I know this is only a temporary fix, soon Psyonix will release an update that hopefully patches this issue. If you do not want to remove everyone from your friends list, your best bet would be to wait).

Also, if anyone could experiment with only removing some, or removing them all then reading some back and seeing if the crashes start happening again. I do not work for Psyonix but it'd be nice for me to pass off all known information to the Devs! Thanks everyone :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting note to the Developers addressed by Galatic Geek...

Galactic Geek wrote:It reminded me that, in Killer Instinct, a similar issue had occurred - I couldn't play the game for a very long time (over a month) and the devs discovered that it was an issue with certain friends being high up on the leaderboards. To circumvent the issue, all you had to do was remove certain friends of a certain high level temporarily. If you didn't have those high level friends to begin with, you never had the issue. I think this might be related to XBL and/or leaderboards directly, and should be forwarded to Psyonix for a closer look, maybe even having them go as far as contacting the Killer Instict devs, over at Iron Galaxy, to see how they resolved their issue, if it is in fact, the same 1.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Re: Xbox One Crashing (Error 67) FIX!

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Please see my reply in response to his post in your other thread regarding this issue.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Xbox One Crashing (Error 67) FIX!

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:Please see my reply in response to his post in your other thread regarding this issue.

Honestly, I would not go this route that the user has suggested, however for players who do not care about proceeding with removing their friends list in attempt to be able to play rather than wait for a hotfix, it's a solution. I understand that many people will not care to do this and are upset that it has taken so long for a fix to come around. I'm just trying to get it out there that there are ways for players who have no way of playing right now to play.
Rufmeister

Re: Xbox One Crashing (Error 67) Potential FIX! [Temporary]

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 pm

If any of you decide to follow through with this course, I would recommend starting with friends that are highly-ranked in the RL leaderboards, and then work your way down, 1 by 1, and testing for crashes in between each. If it's what I think it is, then figuring out the cut-off limit will significantly help the developers at Psyonix get closer to solving this issue.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:If any of you decide to follow through with this course, I would recommend starting with friends that are highly-ranked in the RL leaderboards, and then work your way down, 1 by 1, and testing for crashes in between each. If it's what I think it is, then figuring out the cut-off limit will significantly help the developers at Psyonix get closer to solving this issue.

They have the link to this post, I'm sure they'll look into it all.
Rufmeister

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Anyone having any success?
Rufmeister

Postby Galactic Geek on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 am

Nope - none so far; to properly test my theory, I would (at this juncture) have to remove nearly 100 friends from my friends list (because they all play RL) and I don't have the time or the patience for that, nor to re-add them later.

What we need is a volunteer (or patsy), who has this issue, but not very many friends that play RL, and have them remove just those friends to see if it fixes the issue. Alternatively, you could create a new (and temporary) account (or borrow a working 1), add a "friend" who is at each rank on the leaderboard, and see if the game crashes (in other words, you're intentionally trying to break it) - if it doesn't, it may disprove my theory; if it does crash, however, then you simply remove those friends 1 at a time, highest ranked to lowest, until it (hopefully) works again.

In any case, I did figure out a few ways that didn't work. I used my brother's console to have us both signed in at the same time. Remember that my profile doesn't work, but his does. If I start the game with his profile and then switch over to my profile in-game, it'll still crash. The opposite results in the same outcome - if I start with my profile, and then switch to his, it'll still crash. I also tried playing splitscreen using both profiles - it crashed then too. Naturally, this also proves that putting an affected profile on a different console doesn't work either. Finally, I tried adding 1 of my high-ranking RL friends to my brother's friends list to see if that would cause him to start crashing - it didn't...
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby forresal on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 pm

We’re still getting the Error 67 (then crash) messages.
Only been able to play the game for about an hour since the update when the game decided to miraculously work.
That was 5 days ago.
It’s pretty pathetic it can’t be fixed.

But has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with any success? Would doing that cause us to lose any accumulated inventory or in-game purchases?
forresal
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 pm

forresal wrote:But has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with any success? Would doing that cause us to lose any accumulated inventory or in-game purchases?

Yes, no, & no.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby forresal on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:24 am

Galactic Geek wrote:
forresal wrote:But has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game with any success? Would doing that cause us to lose any accumulated inventory or in-game purchases?

Yes, no, & no.

Cool. We’ll give that a try.
forresal
Supersonic

Return to General Discussion