Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's YOU

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby midnightgreen20 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:
midnightgreen20 wrote:I wouldn't put so much effort into randoms. But when you have an actual team, that is a different story.

Try telling that to people, like myself, who struggle to find teams or to convince friends to play with them... :?

...on a side note, I actually just lost a friend this weekend because he cared more about his rank than our friendship, and refused to play ranked leagues with me out of fear that I would cause him to lose it because he didn't trust me. :cry:


Aaaaaaand, that's why this game needs some other way of finding matches outside of matchmaking so that this isn't a problem for you. Ranked matchmaking is something I would want to do away with entirely in gaming, but as it stands for now an additional alternative needs to be added. In your case, I stand by what I said in not worrying about the results of the matches. Too many times people get hung up on the results more than the process of getting there. And with matches that don't matter in the long run, that ends up being a recipe for disaster.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:20 am

midnightgreen20 wrote:
Galactic Geek wrote:
midnightgreen20 wrote:I wouldn't put so much effort into randoms. But when you have an actual team, that is a different story.

Try telling that to people, like myself, who struggle to find teams or to convince friends to play with them... :?

...on a side note, I actually just lost a friend this weekend because he cared more about his rank than our friendship, and refused to play ranked leagues with me out of fear that I would cause him to lose it because he didn't trust me. :cry:


Ranked matchmaking is something I would want to do away with entirely in gaming...

I can't agree with this statement enough. Games need to start emphasizing having fun over winning, but as time goes on, it seems to me that more and more of the opposite tends to be true - especially with so many groups and companies trying to cash in on the "amazing" esports scene. While games have always been competitive to a degree, it's becoming so prominently pushed to the forefront nowadays that, along with the anonymity of being online, people are just becoming down-right despicable. :?

*please note that the " " are used to emphasize sarcasm.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Doomstrike on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 am

Problem is people are competitive and want to continually hell even if there wasn't a ranked mode people would still bitch and chew people out because they want to win. I play plenty of unranked and people still get pissed even though they can leave whenever and there is nothing to gain (other then hidden mmr but its unranked and you get no rewards) people just want the higher ranks to play more challenging people cause everyone wants to prove they are the best (by everyone I mean like 80% there is always the odd ones that just don't care how good they are)
Image
Image
Doomstrike
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm
PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Mantus on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:37 am

It's your teammates. This thread s trash. You're going to be plat2 or gold2, and you're good, so you're going to have a high MRA. You're going to get teamed with 2 players 4 ranks below you against 3 players 2 ranks below you. You're going to get stomped. Everyone is going to tell you not to ball chase, yet you're going to derank if you don't figure out how to win for two players that suck. You're going to rank up, then drop right back down In I don't know how wicked a miserable losing streak that makes you want to lash out at everyone around you. I was plat1 now Im fighting not to be silver.

This entire thread is posted probably by a dev that wants you to keep throwing yourself against a wall that is designed to keep rejecting you. You see the fan boys piling on telling you "yeah, you suck, its you".. so you are persuaded by the pressure.

I don't know how wicked or humorously morbid the devs are.... but they want a system that is so gapped as to you playing with practically new players that constantly demote you, as you proactive 5-6 hours a day trying to getting better.

All I can say is this game is completely controlled by the devs. You will not rank until they allow it and let you team with good players..I don't know why or their reasons. But you will be teamed with the worse people ever when you are being deranked, and you'll know, you hate it, you'll hate the devs, and it will be obvious that you are 10 times better than your teammates.

The posters, and the know it alls supporting this thread are liars, trying to peer pressure you into accepting it, by gas lighting you into a reality that isn't real. This game is MRA based which means you will wni 10 games then lose 15. The trash that made this thread.. Probably don't even play it enough to be stuck in what you're stuck in.. so bad, you realized something is so wrong.... instead of playing the game.. youre googling, searching for answers to a system that is so obviously rigged, that you're here looking at words instead of playing and enjoying the game.
Mantus
Supersonic
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 pm
Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 am

Mantus wrote:It's your teammates. This thread s trash. You're going to be plat2 or gold2, and you're good, so you're going to have a high MRA. You're going to get teamed with 2 players 4 ranks below you against 3 players 2 ranks below you. You're going to get stomped. Everyone is going to tell you not to ball chase, yet you're going to derank if you don't figure out how to win for two players that suck. You're going to rank up, then drop right back down In I don't know how wicked a miserable losing streak that makes you want to lash out at everyone around you. I was plat1 now Im fighting not to be silver.

This entire thread is posted probably by a dev that wants you to keep throwing yourself against a wall that is designed to keep rejecting you. You see the fan boys piling on telling you "yeah, you suck, its you".. so you are persuaded by the pressure.

I don't know how wicked or humorously morbid the devs are.... but they want a system that is so gapped as to you playing with practically new players that constantly demote you, as you proactive 5-6 hours a day trying to getting better.

All I can say is this game is completely controlled by the devs. You will not rank until they allow it and let you team with good players..I don't know why or their reasons. But you will be teamed with the worse people ever when you are being deranked, and you'll know, you hate it, you'll hate the devs, and it will be obvious that you are 10 times better than your teammates.

The posters, and the know it alls supporting this thread are liars, trying to peer pressure you into accepting it, by gas lighting you into a reality that isn't real. This game is MRA based which means you will wni 10 games then lose 15. The trash that made this thread.. Probably don't even play it enough to be stuck in what you're stuck in.. so bad, you realized something is so wrong.... instead of playing the game.. youre googling, searching for answers to a system that is so obviously rigged, that you're here looking at words instead of playing and enjoying the game.


lol you made my day
if you´re going to put the control outside yourself everytime u suck at something, your life will have the same level as your game.

The best thing is, nearly all champ2´s and higher will agree.
Alot of players below that blame everything and everyone but themselves.
so glad these people will also never reach gc
Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby N7Mith on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:27 am

Mantus wrote:It's your teammates. This thread s trash. You're going to be plat2 or gold2, and you're good, so you're going to have a high MRA. You're going to get teamed with 2 players 4 ranks below you against 3 players 2 ranks below you. You're going to get stomped. Everyone is going to tell you not to ball chase, yet you're going to derank if you don't figure out how to win for two players that suck. You're going to rank up, then drop right back down In I don't know how wicked a miserable losing streak that makes you want to lash out at everyone around you. I was plat1 now Im fighting not to be silver.

This entire thread is posted probably by a dev that wants you to keep throwing yourself against a wall that is designed to keep rejecting you. You see the fan boys piling on telling you "yeah, you suck, its you".. so you are persuaded by the pressure.

I don't know how wicked or humorously morbid the devs are.... but they want a system that is so gapped as to you playing with practically new players that constantly demote you, as you proactive 5-6 hours a day trying to getting better.

All I can say is this game is completely controlled by the devs. You will not rank until they allow it and let you team with good players..I don't know why or their reasons. But you will be teamed with the worse people ever when you are being deranked, and you'll know, you hate it, you'll hate the devs, and it will be obvious that you are 10 times better than your teammates.

The posters, and the know it alls supporting this thread are liars, trying to peer pressure you into accepting it, by gas lighting you into a reality that isn't real. This game is MRA based which means you will wni 10 games then lose 15. The trash that made this thread.. Probably don't even play it enough to be stuck in what you're stuck in.. so bad, you realized something is so wrong.... instead of playing the game.. youre googling, searching for answers to a system that is so obviously rigged, that you're here looking at words instead of playing and enjoying the game.

It's OK that you don't get it, not everyone is cut out to be a teamplayer. You'll discover your talents eventually.
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby DeaZeR on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 am

in solo 3s noway, all other selections ok helpful
ImagePS4
ImagePC
DeaZeR
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:01 am
PSN ID: D199687550H
Steam ID: forget :|
Region: Germany / Europa
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 pm

This thread is just bait. Nothing more and nothing less.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 am

The thread has a point people are just mistaking it for bait because they think it's saying "just carry", "get good" or "MM is perfect".
Image
#roadtotentaclespositiverep
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST
Switch Friend Code: 1

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Mantus on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Now Im not a team player? This entire thread is that its not your teammates fault. Yet in reality when you rotate, they'll never score if you sit back and play D, because even though you practice dribbling in dribble challenge 2 for 2 hours (when the ball indicator was there), you practice redirects for an hour (even though with your teammates you'll never be able to push forwards ahead of the ball, because if you're not sitting in goal your foes will score.. so redirect consistency is a big f'ing waste,) you practice wall to air dribbles, ceiling shots for hours, aerials you practice forwards and turtle, now you're a god in practice shots, you're doing redirect consistency upside down backwards and turtle scoring, You practice wall to aerials, you practice fruumps ground to air. So now the game has become if you leave your goal you're going to get scored on. This game is developed to team you with a new player that has never practiced ever in order to intentionally derank you. Then these guy try to shame you into making you believe that in solo standard 3s you deserve it because its all you fault. Now lets get 1 thing clear. 2's is easy. You can be bronze 2 and listen to a guy chasing the ball like a dog after a bone, tell you that you suck, and he's champ in 2s. Twos are waaaaaaaaay easier than solo standard 3.. Solo standard 3s has been my only argument ever. it's not your fault at all and you can practice 10 hours a day before match making and you're going to lose because psyonics 100% controls your deranking by teaming you with bad players and controlling the bounce of the ball over your head. If you're here reading this because you feel robbed or gipped. Just start watching the bounce, it's a pattern, when you're deranking you can be the best team player, rotate perfectly, but the ball will always bounce awkwardly far from you, over you, you're being deranked... Pay attention to it. Bad teammates and intentional bad bounces. Start paying attention to the bounce. It's part of your deranking process to keep you from even having a chance at doing what these guys are saying.

See you can't have a thread about it being your fault instead of your teammates and then tell people to rotate. If I am in 1 or 2 position and I go for a goal shot, the other team bangs it to my side, my teammate who was suppose to 3rd be back doesn't even know what 3rd back is, goes for the same shot, no one is back and we get scored on... it's not your teammates fault.. it's yours. How does that make sense? It makes since on the level that it's always your fault. In a new age, millennial perverse way of thinking we can examine any situation and find your fault. If you had a clean goal shot and your own teammate blocked it accidently or tried to score it like a pass but failed, you should have played safe and expected it so not to take the shot. If you lose the game, the same shot we told you would be your fault if it didn't goal, is now you fault for not taking.

It's the new age retard thinker. It's always your fault. If you take the shot and the other team blocks and scores from it.. Your fault. If you don't take the shot and have less points. Your fault, you should have taken the shot.. You should rotate, but it's your fault for not ball chasing and controlling the game. Retards at it's finest. Idiocracy. You people are morons.
Mantus
Supersonic
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 pm
Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 am

Mantus wrote:Retards at it's finest. Idiocracy. You people are morons.

Not me! :cheesygrin:
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby xkoeckiiej on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 am

Mantus wrote:Now Im not a team player? This entire thread is that its not your teammates fault. Yet in reality when you rotate, they'll never score if you sit back and play D, because even though you practice dribbling in dribble challenge 2 for 2 hours (when the ball indicator was there), you practice redirects for an hour (even though with your teammates you'll never be able to push forwards ahead of the ball, because if you're not sitting in goal your foes will score.. so redirect consistency is a big f'ing waste,) you practice wall to air dribbles, ceiling shots for hours, aerials you practice forwards and turtle, now you're a god in practice shots, you're doing redirect consistency upside down backwards and turtle scoring, You practice wall to aerials, you practice fruumps ground to air. So now the game has become if you leave your goal you're going to get scored on. This game is developed to team you with a new player that has never practiced ever in order to intentionally derank you. Then these guy try to shame you into making you believe that in solo standard 3s you deserve it because its all you fault. Now lets get 1 thing clear. 2's is easy. You can be bronze 2 and listen to a guy chasing the ball like a dog after a bone, tell you that you suck, and he's champ in 2s. Twos are waaaaaaaaay easier than solo standard 3.. Solo standard 3s has been my only argument ever. it's not your fault at all and you can practice 10 hours a day before match making and you're going to lose because psyonics 100% controls your deranking by teaming you with bad players and controlling the bounce of the ball over your head. If you're here reading this because you feel robbed or gipped. Just start watching the bounce, it's a pattern, when you're deranking you can be the best team player, rotate perfectly, but the ball will always bounce awkwardly far from you, over you, you're being deranked... Pay attention to it. Bad teammates and intentional bad bounces. Start paying attention to the bounce. It's part of your deranking process to keep you from even having a chance at doing what these guys are saying.

See you can't have a thread about it being your fault instead of your teammates and then tell people to rotate. If I am in 1 or 2 position and I go for a goal shot, the other team bangs it to my side, my teammate who was suppose to 3rd be back doesn't even know what 3rd back is, goes for the same shot, no one is back and we get scored on... it's not your teammates fault.. it's yours. How does that make sense? It makes since on the level that it's always your fault. In a new age, millennial perverse way of thinking we can examine any situation and find your fault. If you had a clean goal shot and your own teammate blocked it accidently or tried to score it like a pass but failed, you should have played safe and expected it so not to take the shot. If you lose the game, the same shot we told you would be your fault if it didn't goal, is now you fault for not taking.

It's the new age retard thinker. It's always your fault. If you take the shot and the other team blocks and scores from it.. Your fault. If you don't take the shot and have less points. Your fault, you should have taken the shot.. You should rotate, but it's your fault for not ball chasing and controlling the game. Retards at it's finest. Idiocracy. You people are morons.


guess ill never see you in gc :D
Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:57 am

Mantus wrote:quote

Wait,
I thought the stereotypical millennial thing to do is blame everyone except yourself?

And the game altering bounce physics for the sole purpose of deranking you has to be THE lamest excuse I have heard yet in RL. But I'm just a paid member of Psyonix here to mislead the sheeple
Image
#roadtotentaclespositiverep
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST
Switch Friend Code: 1

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby midnightgreen20 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 am

Mantus wrote:Now Im not a team player? This entire thread is that its not your teammates fault. Yet in reality when you rotate, they'll never score if you sit back and play D, because even though you practice dribbling in dribble challenge 2 for 2 hours (when the ball indicator was there), you practice redirects for an hour (even though with your teammates you'll never be able to push forwards ahead of the ball, because if you're not sitting in goal your foes will score.. so redirect consistency is a big f'ing waste,) you practice wall to air dribbles, ceiling shots for hours, aerials you practice forwards and turtle, now you're a god in practice shots, you're doing redirect consistency upside down backwards and turtle scoring, You practice wall to aerials, you practice fruumps ground to air. So now the game has become if you leave your goal you're going to get scored on. This game is developed to team you with a new player that has never practiced ever in order to intentionally derank you. Then these guy try to shame you into making you believe that in solo standard 3s you deserve it because its all you fault. Now lets get 1 thing clear. 2's is easy. You can be bronze 2 and listen to a guy chasing the ball like a dog after a bone, tell you that you suck, and he's champ in 2s. Twos are waaaaaaaaay easier than solo standard 3.. Solo standard 3s has been my only argument ever. it's not your fault at all and you can practice 10 hours a day before match making and you're going to lose because psyonics 100% controls your deranking by teaming you with bad players and controlling the bounce of the ball over your head. If you're here reading this because you feel robbed or gipped. Just start watching the bounce, it's a pattern, when you're deranking you can be the best team player, rotate perfectly, but the ball will always bounce awkwardly far from you, over you, you're being deranked... Pay attention to it. Bad teammates and intentional bad bounces. Start paying attention to the bounce. It's part of your deranking process to keep you from even having a chance at doing what these guys are saying.

See you can't have a thread about it being your fault instead of your teammates and then tell people to rotate. If I am in 1 or 2 position and I go for a goal shot, the other team bangs it to my side, my teammate who was suppose to 3rd be back doesn't even know what 3rd back is, goes for the same shot, no one is back and we get scored on... it's not your teammates fault.. it's yours. How does that make sense? It makes since on the level that it's always your fault. In a new age, millennial perverse way of thinking we can examine any situation and find your fault. If you had a clean goal shot and your own teammate blocked it accidently or tried to score it like a pass but failed, you should have played safe and expected it so not to take the shot. If you lose the game, the same shot we told you would be your fault if it didn't goal, is now you fault for not taking.

It's the new age retard thinker. It's always your fault. If you take the shot and the other team blocks and scores from it.. Your fault. If you don't take the shot and have less points. Your fault, you should have taken the shot.. You should rotate, but it's your fault for not ball chasing and controlling the game. Retards at it's finest. Idiocracy. You people are morons.


This whole pointing the finger at yourself mentality is one of the biggest reasons I left this game. It's like a shittier version of 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Everyone is prone to make mistakes at some point, but trying to always tie everything back to you is not the correct way to go about things. And like you point out, you can do tons of practice and improve your game, but you can't guarantee that you will get teammates that are putting in the same effort. So it makes all of that time you spend practicing a huge waste.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 am

midnightgreen20 wrote:Everyone is prone to make mistakes at some point, but trying to always tie everything back to you is not the correct way to go about things...

You can't do anything about what other players do though, so any approach that focuses on them will be even less effective.

Focusing on them will make you feel better about yourself, but will also cause you to overlook your own contributions to the failure.
You need to approach this problem with a mindset of "what can I do differently, that will give me a more positive outcome?", or you'll be forever at the mercy of the matchmaking system.

For myself, lately, the answer to that question has been to be much more critical of my own team play.
I have been specifically focusing on not making passes unless they are directed at a specific teammate.
I was giving away the ball, way too often, with perfect sets to nobody.

Should my teammates have been there? Yes...but they weren't.
That puts part of the blame on me, even though my set was technically, and strategically sound.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby xkoeckiiej on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:35 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
midnightgreen20 wrote:Everyone is prone to make mistakes at some point, but trying to always tie everything back to you is not the correct way to go about things...

You can't do anything about what other players do though, so any approach that focuses on them will be even less effective.

Focusing on them will make you feel better about yourself, but will also cause you to overlook your own contributions to the failure.
You need to approach this problem with a mindset of "what can I do differently, that will give me a more positive outcome?", or you'll be forever at the mercy of the matchmaking system.

For myself, lately, the answer to that question has been to be much more critical of my own team play.
I have been specifically focusing on not making passes unless they are directed at a specific teammate.
I was giving away the ball, way too often, with perfect sets to nobody.

Should my teammates have been there? Yes...but they weren't.
That puts part of the blame on me, even though my set was technically, and strategically sound.


Exactly the point of this thread
Instead of playing to habits and or expectations play while assessing every situations to see if its viable.
Also, when a person is not in position to recieve a pass, its not strategically smart to pass there where he isnt :p.
Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:You can't do anything about what other players do though, so any approach that focuses on them will be even less effective.

So, just because people may choose not to listen, it means we shouldn't even try? With that kind of logic, we wouldn't even have schools!
NoOne-NBA wrote:Focusing on them will make you feel better about yourself, but will also cause you to overlook your own contributions to the failure.
You need to approach this problem with a mindset of "what can I do differently, that will give me a more positive outcome?", or you'll be forever at the mercy of the matchmaking system.

Overlook our own contributions? Maybe, but not necessarily - it depends on the individual. Also, you're wrong about the whole "what can I do differently" mindset; it should be "what can we do differently" - in a team-based game, it's not about "you" or "them"; it's about "us". You need to look at both - at the WHOLE picture. If you help your team grow, you will grow with them as a result. As the floor gets elevated, everyone gets closer to the ceiling.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby midnightgreen20 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:Overlook our own contributions? Maybe, but not necessarily - it depends on the individual. Also, you're wrong about the whole "what can I do differently" mindset; it should be "what can we do differently" - in a team-based game, it's not about "you" or "them"; it's about "us". You need to look at both - at the WHOLE picture. If you help your team grow, you will grow with them as a result. As the floor gets elevated, everyone gets closer to the ceiling.


Exactly the point I've been trying to make for the longest time. You can't always look just at yourself and think of what you can do better, when you may have actually been doing your best and it was your teammates who needed to pick up the slack. And it works the other way around as well. You can't do everything for everyone. And you will make some mistakes just like they will, so you need to be able to cover for them just as much as they need to cover for you.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:Also, you're wrong about the whole "what can I do differently" mindset; it should be "what can we do differently" - in a team-based game, it's not about "you" or "them"; it's about "us". You need to look at both - at the WHOLE picture.

I am looking at the "whole picture".
What the "whole picture" tells me is, yet again, YOU can't MAKE anyone else do anything.

You are dealing with random people, in 5 minute games.
You're not going to change what they're doing in that amount of time, even if you try.
That leaves you stuck adapting to how those people ARE playing, or getting teammates with whom you can reach an agreement to play a certain way.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Think your teammates bring you down? It's not them, it's

Postby xkoeckiiej on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Galactic Geek wrote:Also, you're wrong about the whole "what can I do differently" mindset; it should be "what can we do differently" - in a team-based game, it's not about "you" or "them"; it's about "us". You need to look at both - at the WHOLE picture.

I am looking at the "whole picture".
What the "whole picture" tells me is, yet again, YOU can't MAKE anyone else do anything.

You are dealing with random people, in 5 minute games.
You're not going to change what they're doing in that amount of time, even if you try.
That leaves you stuck adapting to how those people ARE playing, or getting teammates with whom you can reach an agreement to play a certain way.


Theres a reason they won't reach gc. And its not understanding this/disagreeing with this.
Its worthless trying to convince people who dont want to change.
Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigBryce, marcrioux45, Mickyfinn and 5 guests