No new arenas with the Fall patch ... LAME!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

No new arenas with the Fall patch ... LAME!

Postby OsoMako on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Yeah yeah, there are some new skins for the same old box we had, but no new layouts? It's like you're just gunning for every mode outside of Ranked and Casual Ranked to die.

Release a new Snow Day map.
A new Hoops map.
A new Labs map.
A new Dropshot map.

Why did you bother spending any development time at all on those modes if you're not going to develop them any more after you've created them?

What are you now Psyonix, my local municipality? They love spending tons of money to build new shit and then never take care of it afterward. Seems you're one and the same. At the very least, you need to make it so that the community can add new maps for these modes. The Steam Workshop is a joke in its current implementation.
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako

Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Re: No new arenas with the Fall patch ... LAME!

Postby Tentacles on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 pm

I like the new map!
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Tentacles wrote:I like the new map!

The problem here is it's NOT a new map.
It's the same old map, with different decorations on it.

In the end, it's all pigs and lipstick.
Wake me up when the Steam Workshop works properly.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Redstorm705 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 pm

What about us console players, we're stuck even more so with the same shitty (they're actually very nicely done) reskins of the same box. I never played the precursor to Rocket League, but I've always heard talk amongst sects of the community about this map called "Galleon" and was interested to see its possible implementation.

With the removal of OG wasteland and Starbase, regardless of my personal preference for them, I get the feeling that Psyonix is solidifying their stance on non-standard maps. That is to say, they aren't going to be exploring or attempting any more of them. A fact I find rather sad.

It is beyond me why you would waste such potential and effort on reskinning the same map, over and over and over again. The art is beautiful, it really is, but it's not reaching anywhere near the full potential for the game.
Perhaps the answer is to keep non-standard maps out of competition, if the snowflakes that are the die-hard rank players so desire, but those of us willing to deal with them shouldn't be starved of them.
BRING BACK NEO
Redstorm705
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Redstorm705
Steam ID: Redstorm
Region: US - East

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Redstorm705 wrote:Perhaps the answer is to keep non-standard maps out of competition, if the snowflakes that are the die-hard rank players so desire, but those of us willing to deal with them shouldn't be starved of them.

That's what I've said all along.
Psyonix keeps catering to HALF of their customer base, at any given time, which isn't good for business.

They should take all the maps out of Competitive, except ONE that is skinned like the Rocket Labs maps.
That would allow that half of their user base to have the ONE map they seem to be so fond of, and would significantly reduce any necessary upkeep for that half of the user base.
It would also eliminate some of the problems with the current maps, like the vision blocking walls in Utopia Coliseum.
On top of that, it would increase the available user base for Competitive, by allowing people with lesser machines to run the game well, and level the playing field better by allowing people to run the game better on ANY system.

Then they could put all the effort they would have spent reskinning the same map over and over into catering to the half of their user base they are currently ignoring, while they still have them.
My friends list has been dwindling for months now, as people have gotten bored with playing the same map over and over and over, and realized that Psyonix doesn't care about them anymore.
That's going to happen naturally, to some extent, but intentionally MAKING it happen is just bad business.

Maps were the thing that kept CarBall from getting stale.
The users could make their own maps, and did so regularly, using the Unreal Editor.
The popular ones made their way onto all the servers.
The less popular ones stayed limited to certain player's servers, if the admin for that server happened to like that particular map.
NoOne-NBA

Postby IJx on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:40 am

Redstorm705 wrote:Perhaps the answer is to keep non-standard maps out of competition, if the snowflakes that are the die-hard rank players so desire, but those of us willing to deal with them shouldn't be starved of them.

Ask me, anyone who does not welcome non-standard layouts is a lazy player who either does not understand the beauty of the increased skill-ceiling or just refuses to acknowledge that their muscle memory on the standard layout does not transfer to other maps, and would actually have to learn the game's mechanics. Not to mention the overall requirement of understanding positioning better for each map and learning how to properly perform boost management in those maps.
Thank you to everyone who took vocal participation in dumping down this beautiful game's meta.
#whereismyCosmic
IJx

PSN ID: IJayfunk
Steam ID: IJ
Region: EU

Postby Drsmiley72 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 am

I say it on steam all the time, an dill say it here.

If you cant handle everyap they throw your way, then you obviously do not deserve the rank you have.

"oh but our rcls" your rcls would see much cooler teamwork and more skills if you implemented different map styles and made them play them. Make them work, and show jsut how well they can adapt

Don't let this turn into dust 2 where it gets stagnant.
Drsmiley72
Acrobatic

Steam ID: drsmiley72

Postby Alias on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

I'm not seeing a lot of outrage here or anywhere. I always thought you nonstandard map guys were a vocal minority and I guess after the update we will find out if you truly are. So far it looks so.

Personally I wanted to see Pillars make it to comp. Arc isn't my favorite but my only gripe with nonstandard maps has been when they alter the ground.
Alias
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Alias

Postby Alias on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

OsoMako wrote:Release a new Snow Day map.
A new Hoops map.
A new Labs map.
A new Dropshot map.

Why did you bother spending any development time at all on those modes if you're not going to develop them any more after you've created them?

Can't argue with any of that.
Alias
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Alias

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am

Alias wrote:I'm not seeing a lot of outrage here or anywhere. I always thought you nonstandard map guys were a vocal minority and I guess after the update we will find out if you truly are. So far it looks so.

A lot of the people who were vocally supportive of the non-standard maps have already been driven off to other games by Psyonix' shift in focus.
They wanted variety, and Psyonix is removing that from the game, in favor of e-sports and crate items.

The rest have pretty much accepted that Psyonix doesn't care about what they have to say anymore, so they don't bother saying ANYTHING, or have wandered off because they weren't being heard anyway.
That leaves most of the mods, and the few remaining SARPBC players, as the only ones here TO say anything.
How many times does a developer have to say "screw you...we don't care about you anymore" before you finally give up, flip them off, and walk away?
The only alternative to that is to accept "what is", try not to think about "what should have been", and keep playing the game anyway.

Psyonix is moving me ever closer to the point where I quit playing, with every new "update" they release.
At this point, I'm pretty much just waiting for something better to come along now.
I've accepted the fact that this game is never going to be what I want it to be, nor what it should have been.

Psyonix started with a great vision, then just turned their back on it, when catering to EVERYONE would have been the smarter move.
I'm fearful this next update may be the one that finally pushes me away from the game completely, as much as I'd hate to see that happen.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Tentacles on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm sad it's only temporary :(
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby OsoMako on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:28 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:Psyonix is moving me ever closer to the point where I quit playing, with every new "update" they release.
At this point, I'm pretty much just waiting for something better to come along now.
I've accepted the fact that this game is never going to be what I want it to be, nor what it should have been.

Psyonix started with a great vision, then just turned their back on it, when catering to EVERYONE would have been the smarter move.
I'm fearful this next update may be the one that finally pushes me away from the game completely, as much as I'd hate to see that happen.

It's very sad to see those words, but they're 100% in the back of my mind too lately. I think that's one of the main reasons I'm getting more upset. I've put a lot of time and effort into this game, as a mod and a player, and I feel like the devs have turned their back on what made this game really great-- being fun and different.

Pro competition was never why I played or watched. It was just a cool extra. :|
Steam Forum Moderator
OsoMako

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm

ive been playing MAYBE 1-2 hours a week since around neo tokyo got taken out. thats unusual for me, usually you had to pry me off of sarpbc(the prequel) and rocket league. wasting money on games i intended to play, but never did or played minimally cause i kept getting reeled into sarpbc/rocket league(hence my forum name). nowadays it feels like a chore to play this game and i feel like its because its the same thing every match except the two terrible non standards, rinse and repeat. standard map after standard map after terrible non standard maps. dont think i could ever bring myself to do it, but ive toyed with the idea of uninstalling at least for a little while. game just isnt much fun anymore
sarpbcIScrack
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: PhillyPhils
Region: US/EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:58 pm

OsoMako wrote:It's very sad to see those words, but they're 100% in the back of my mind too lately. I think that's one of the main reasons I'm getting more upset.

The part that is even worse is I'm starting to have trouble finding people to play with lately, and I have 90+ people on my friends list who "also play Rocket League", so this isn't an isolated thing.
It's a wholesale abandonment, from my perspective.

Psyonix could turn this whole thing around, if they'd just put a little bit of effort into the Steam Workshop, to make it actually WORK.
WE would take it from there, and be happy about it.
I've got several maps I'd love to make, but there's literally no point in it, if we can't PLAY them.
Once they have us set up, Psyonix could go back to reskinning the same stupid box over and over, and coming up with more stuff I'll never use, to put in crates, and give out as season/event rewards.
That would keep EVERYONE happy, which would be a much better business move than alienating half of their user base.
NoOne-NBA

Postby wsupchris1222444 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Notice how only the people who played SARPBC are the only ones to like non-standard maps
The removal of Neo Tokyo has improved the game for the majority of players
wsupchris1222444
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: wsupchris1222444
Steam ID: wsupchris1222444
Region: US

Postby SighOnix on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:45 pm

There IS a NEW MAP. It is only for a limited time, though. Check this link: https://www.rocketleague.com/game-info/autumn-update/

Also here is a different link: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/roadm ... mn-update/
SighOnix
Supersonic

Steam ID: Dream

Postby OsoMako on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm

SighOnix wrote:There IS a NEW MAP. It is only for a limited time, though. Check this link: https://www.rocketleague.com/game-info/autumn-update/

Also here is a different link: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/roadm ... mn-update/

That's not a new map. It's just a different skin for the same map we already had. There's nothing new to learn on it. It looks pretty, but if that's all Rocket League is going to try to hang its hat on, it's got a lot of competition going for it.

wsupchris1222444 wrote:Notice how only the people who played SARPBC are the only ones to like non-standard maps

I never played SARPBC, and I'd say I'm one of the loudest against these standardizations around here.
Steam Forum Moderator
OsoMako

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 pm

wsupchris1222444 wrote:Notice how only the people who played SARPBC are the only ones to like non-standard maps

I played the demo of it, for a few minutes, but that's it.
I thought it was a poorly done ripoff of CarBall, so I didn't see any reason to play it, when I could just play CarBall.
NoOne-NBA

Postby BloodyBunny on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:

I played the demo of it, for a few minutes, but that's it.
I thought it was a poorly done ripoff of CarBall, so I didn't see any reason to play it, when I could just play CarBall.

Agreed :cheesygrin:

I just feel let down. I'm at 1800 hours but not much in the last month or so. I am slowly moving onto PUBG until they give us something new
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby UnknownMaster21 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 pm

This is again the reason i will stop playing casual and ranked shit. Excluding 4v4.
Neo-Tokyo, Starbase ARC, Wastelands...
...Those are reason I STOPPED playing ranked
UnknownMaster21
Acrobatic

Steam ID: UnknownMaster21
Region: EU

Next

Return to General Discussion