EU: A cesspool of ****

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

EU: A cesspool of ****

Postby IceWizard on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Lol I quit ASC because I get very inconsistent pings, ranging for 80-520. On EU I get a solid 160ms. However, I have notices something really bad. The community. ASC had a comparitively friendly community but EU... every second match I face a troll who compulsively scores own goals and starts saying 'you talk too much' or 'you follow the ball too much'. I reply with something like 'I have to follow the ball when you will miss 90% of all the shots. Communication is a key factor to 2v2 and 3v3 these sensitive n00bs start trolling me after I tell them something like 'stop following me when you know I can reach the ball' or spamming what a save when they make the most noob saves ever. What can I do about this. I am stuck at silver 2 because of these kids.
IceWizard
Supersonic

Steam ID: dannyboygamer32
GamerTag: dannyboygamer32

Re: EU: A cesspool of ****

Postby IJx on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:14 am

You don't get stuck anywhere 'because of these kids.' You are in need of a change in your game style, for unfortunately no matter how well you play, if you are incapable of adapting to your current ranks game play, you won't unfortunately get far. Adaptation to silver is hardly required, it's a rank a player should be capable of steamrolling through if they have it in them.
#whereismyCosmic
IJx

PSN ID: IJayfunk
Steam ID: IJ
Region: EU

Postby nine_iron on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:51 am

Totally the reason for brexit

If u r on steam add me, I'm old.
nine_iron
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nine_iron
Region: EU

Postby TheVictim on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:20 am

yes, but it seems this is the kind of community psyonix wants. as long as they are not using any of the "20 words" everything is fine.
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby duckshard on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 am

It's a form of give and take when you are playing with random people. You have to know when to allow your team members some space as well as knowing when to be there to back them up or even push up whilst they go back.

I find that having quite a defensive play in silver/gold levels helps you rank up. On top of that try and be positive such as instead of being aggressive towards your own team...ask them if they could rotate if you push up and stuff like tha

One MAJOR thing I've noticed is that team members are a lot more receptive when you realise when you make a mistake. Quite a few times I've messed up by pushing too early, or not being there for a center that my team member has done. All I do is type in chat that it was my fault, in which I then point out what I've done. Such as dropping a "Whoops" in the quick chat then typing "My bad, shouldn't have pushed so early". From that the team members are okay.

On the flipside you need to hold back your anger when a team member messes up. So this means not raging or being aggressive towards them, maybe dropping a "No problem" or "Okay" in chat and then typing "It's okay, we got this" rather than acting out in anger.

If you can't do the above then don't play ranked games within randoms (except solo 3s of course) and team up with a couple of people.
duckshard
Supersonic

Postby E_M_E_T on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Usually we see threads where some angry ignorant fool complains that his teammates are ball chasing or mechanically inferior, but apparently the fact that you follow your teammates around and don't trust them at all is their fault? Dude I think it's quite obvious that YOU are the issue. You complain that you don't have good teammates but you clearly don't even give them a chance for fuck's sake. Stop being such a hypocrite.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USW... but idrc

Return to General Discussion