Server Lag

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Server Lag

Postby JacobThePigeon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Image

The entire server was experiencing this lag. The lag lasted the entirety of the game.
Keep in mind my regular ping averages from 25-45 on USE servers.

Since everyone was experiencing it, at least the game was fair, right?
Last edited by JacobThePigeon on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -


Image
Image
JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Image
Joking aside, I've experienced higher ping on virtual servers too. Although usually not this drastic, mostly about + 20-40
Image
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am

JacobThePigeon wrote:The entire server was experiencing this lag. The lag lasted the entirety of the game.
Keep in mind my regular ping averages from 25-45 on USE servers.

Since everyone was experiencing it, at least the game was fair, right?


Well did you win??? :cheesygrin:
Image
Rufmeister
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: United States
Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby Tentacles on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:30 am

Virtual servers have no place in a competitive game, this is a joke Psyonix. Fix your shit!
Image
Tentacles
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby Volodesi on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it's not possible for Players to know if a server is virtual or not. :P
Issues with Rocket League? Look HERE first! Game not starting? Look HERE! Connection Troubleshooting? Look HERE!
Forum Icon Legend

Friends don't let friends drive Mercs.
Volodesi
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
PSN ID: JoshM248
Steam ID: Volodesi
Region: US:Mid-West

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby JacobThePigeon on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:Image
Joking aside, I've experienced higher ping on virtual servers too. Although usually not this drastic, mostly about + 20-40

:cheesygrin:
Rufmeister wrote:Well did you win??? :cheesygrin:

Hell yea!
Volodesi wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it's not possible for Players to know if a server is virtual or not. :P

Oh. To my knowledge the servers with all numbers were the virtual servers, while the ones with names were the dedicated. I updated the title. My bad!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -


Image
Image
JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby Kovash on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 am

JacobThePigeon wrote:
Volodesi wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it's not possible for Players to know if a server is virtual or not. :P

Oh. To my knowledge the servers with all numbers were the virtual servers, while the ones with names were the dedicated. I updated the title. My bad!

I though the same. But Volodesi is always right
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:40 am
Steam ID: Kovash
Region: EU

Re: Virtual Server Lag

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 am

Kovash wrote:
JacobThePigeon wrote:
Volodesi wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it's not possible for Players to know if a server is virtual or not. :P

Oh. To my knowledge the servers with all numbers were the virtual servers, while the ones with names were the dedicated. I updated the title. My bad!

I though the same. But Volodesi is always right


I second that statement. :yaypsyonix:
Image
Rufmeister
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: United States
Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Re: Server Lag

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Even if the conclusion that virtual servers can be identified by their numbers is wrong, the laggy servers seemed to be the ones with numbers instead of names. Maybe not all the numbered servers are laggy, in fact I've seen quite a few that aren't, but named servers seem to be immune to the gamebreaking lag issues.

But I've seen a major decrease in that kind of laggy games, so they're working on it. Keep it up :yaypsyonix:
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Server Lag

Postby Tentacles on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:50 pm

I call bs, they can't disclose which are virtual but promise the ones with numbers aren't. Ya right. I get hit so hard with lag on those numbered servers and that's not even the issue, a multi million dollar game is using virtual servers and that is not ok.
Image
Tentacles
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Server Lag

Postby BloodyBunny on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Tentacles wrote:I call bs, they can't disclose which are virtual but promise the ones with numbers aren't. Ya right. I get hit so hard with lag on those numbered servers and that's not even the issue, a multi million dollar game is using virtual servers and that is not ok.



I agree with you for once. Those all number servers rek people hard. I have had a few probs with them but if I am on them There is atleast 3 of the 6 playing with jacked up pings.

They should not have them at all. Take some of this key money and get dedicated servers.
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 7:01 am
Steam ID: BloodyBunny


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests