[Xbox][Discussion] market

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

do you agree with me

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 3

[Xbox][Discussion] market

Postby Mc-lovin on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:10 pm

The xbox market is a bit different, we do not have keys as our currency and that makes trading a little bit more challenging.

we used to have heatwaves as our currency but i don't think that really works out, i think we need to have a currency that is not part of the trades, in this case we can use keys as our currency but no one is able to trade keys, this brings equality to all trades, since now items are all valued and assessed separately. we may not be able to trade keys but having all item values in keys can be a useful metric for us to trade with.

i have seen this price sheet going around the past few weeks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... l4/pubhtml

they have prices in keys and also a vote button where you can decide if an item is priced correctly or not, i really like to see people having the same type of thoughts as me, i believe having an imaginary currency to trade with is so much better since it makes each item independent of the other. id like to hear everyone else's input on this. i like to see xbox trading go back to being a fun thing.
Mc-lovin
Supersonic

GamerTag: the chief hound

Re: [Xbox][Discussion] market

Postby dashdo101 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 am

I dont understand why they cant have a trade key feature on xbox.
dashdo101
Supersonic

GamerTag: dashdo101

Postby Volodesi on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 am

dashdo101 wrote:I dont understand why they cant have a trade key feature on xbox.

Because "Xbox". :roll:
Issues with Rocket League? Look HERE first! Game not starting? Look HERE! Connection Troubleshooting? Look HERE!
Forum Icon Legend

Friends don't let friends drive Mercs.
Volodesi

PSN ID: JoshM248
Steam ID: Volodesi
Region: US:Mid-West

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:25 am

The values and trading websites are not managed by Psyonix. You're completely free to set up your own system, as long as you keep to the ToS.
TBH I'm surprised your idea isn't common practise.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Fear The Red on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am

I completely agree with changing it to keys/ point system. This will make items that are overpriced level out alot more. I see people hoarding items due to the fact they think it will never chamge in value. You only see this with xbox trades. People are no longer trading for things they like they are only trading for items that others like and it is messing up the whole trading system. There needs to be a change and it needs to start soon. Im 100% behind this change!
Fear The Red
Supersonic

GamerTag: FearDaRedW
Region: Midwest

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Fear The Red wrote:I completely agree with changing it to keys/ point system. This will make items that are overpriced level out alot more. I see people hoarding items due to the fact they think it will never change in value. You only see this with xbox trades. People are no longer trading for things they like they are only trading for items that others like and it is messing up the whole trading system. There needs to be a change and it needs to start soon. Im 100% behind this change!

Change of valuta won't have much effect on the respective value of items. It just makes it easier to conduct trades when these values can be easier determined. If they hoard items thinking their value won't change, they're bad businessmen (or women). Hoarding, and thereby artificially cutting back the market's supply, will raise the value of the item if done effective enough.
It also supplied one guy a unique title :laugh:
Anyway the prices will keep on shifting, without a governing body, so values will only be priceguides. Traders beware!
N7Mith

Postby Fear The Red on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:00 am

N7mith, what system do you trade on? I have a freiend on ps4 and the trading scene is so much differ then xbox. Since one item is the point of value people could care less about heatwave, people actually trade for items they like instead of chancing what everyone else thinks is cool. I think once all the dust settles over a price value change trading will be so much more fun. Instead of someone saying "no deal you dont have any heat" will come to an end!!!!! So sick heatwaves that i dont even own one! 20xx looks better anyways
Fear The Red
Supersonic

GamerTag: FearDaRedW
Region: Midwest

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:16 pm

I trade on PS4, but am familiar with the dynamics on XBone. I just don't care enough about my Xbox customization to trade crate items.

Your report shows the effect ignorance has on a marketplace. Value being based on one high priced item, does not mean that item is the only acceptable currency. For it to work like that, it should be easy to aquire, and cheap enough to make trading low-valued items for it easy to do.
Trying to force a valuta on a market that has no way to trade that valuta is theoretically a good idea to create stability in that market. But since the valuta itself is invalid, it's hard to start assigning values to the items.
The only way I can see is copying (identical or very close) values from the other platforms that correspond with the values on XB1. Is 20XX 20 keys on both PS4 and PC? Then check 20XX's trade value on XBox. If you can get roughly the same stuff for it, you can put it's value on 20 keys. Only one marker could be enough to work out the market, but more markers makes it more reliable and thus stable.

If it's worked out well, it will only need a kickstart to become widely accepted and used. XBox trading groups (and possibly Reddit) are the best place to get people to use it.
N7Mith

Return to General Discussion