The new ban system is actually retarded..

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: The new ban system is actually retarded..

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am

TheVictim wrote:yeah like when they get mad and report people for a word. lol too seriously is right.

It's not the WORDS getting people banned.
It's their attitudes.
Nobody I know is reporting anyone for the words they use, unless those words are directed at another player.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby TheVictim on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
TheVictim wrote:yeah like when they get mad and report people for a word. lol too seriously is right.

It's their attitudes.
Nobody I know is reporting anyone for the words they use, unless those words are directed at another player.

havent played with me then. as soon as i see a bad word they are reported. doesnt matter the context. thats how the system is designed thats how i will abuse it.
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby Lumikai on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:01 pm

TheVictim wrote:as soon as i see a bad word they are reported.

Just... No words...
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 pm

TheVictim wrote:havent played with me then. as soon as i see a bad word they are reported. doesnt matter the context. thats how the system is designed thats how i will abuse it.

OK, so it's YOUR attitude getting people banned, in the games you're in.
NoOne-NBA

Postby wsupchris1222444 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 pm

TheVictim wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:

It's their attitudes.

havent played with me then. as soon as i see a bad word they are reported. doesnt matter the context. thats how the system is designed thats how i will abuse it.

What a snowflake
The removal of Neo Tokyo has improved the game for the majority of players
wsupchris1222444
Acrobatic

PSN ID: wsupchris1222444
Steam ID: wsupchris1222444
Region: US

Postby TheVictim on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:31 am

wsupchris1222444 wrote:What a snowflake

look, more harassment. boy, this community sure gets less and less toxic every day! bravo psyonix!
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:13 am

TheVictim wrote:look, more harassment. boy, this community sure gets less and less toxic every day! bravo psyonix!

What did you expect?

Your second post in this thread was making fun of people who "take the game too seriously, and report people for the words they use", then you turned around and admitted that you ARE one of those people.
You didn't think other people would make fun of YOU, like you did to THEM?
NoOne-NBA

Postby TheVictim on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
TheVictim wrote:look, more harassment. boy, this community sure gets less and less toxic every day! bravo psyonix!

What did you expect?

Your second post in this thread was making fun of people who "take the game too seriously, and report people for the words they use", then you turned around and admitted that you ARE one of those people.
You didn't think other people would make fun of YOU, like you did to THEM?

wow, this is a stretch. you really dont see the distinction?

every post its becomes more and more evident why this community is so toxic and intolerant. when the mods dont understand the difference between harassment and a simple observation. and then even actively encourage the harassment. brilliant.

such contradiction and hypocrisy.

great work psyonix.
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:50 am

TheVictim wrote:every post its becomes more and more evident why this community is so toxic and intolerant. when the mods dont understand the difference between harassment and a simple observation. and then even actively encourage the harassment.

The "community" isn't toxic.
It's a very small percentage of people who are acting that way, and Psyonix is now weeding those people out.

That being said, your own attitude, perceptions and expectations create the chaos around you.
If you look for trouble, you find it.
If you look for fun, you find that.
I look for fun, so I don't have all the problems you do, with "the community".

On another note, if you think anything you've been faced with here qualifies as "harassment", you're in for a really rude awakening when you hit the real world.
Go up to random people in the real world, start calling them "retards", and see how long it takes before one of them punches you in the face.
Actions have consequences.
Get used to that.
NoOne-NBA

Postby TheVictim on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
TheVictim wrote:every post its becomes more and more evident why this community is so toxic and intolerant. when the mods dont understand the difference between harassment and a simple observation. and then even actively encourage the harassment.

The "community" isn't toxic.
It's a very small percentage of people who are acting that way, and Psyonix is now weeding those people out.

That being said, your own attitude, perceptions and expectations create the chaos around you.
If you look for trouble, you find it.
If you look for fun, you find that.
I look for fun, so I don't have all the problems you do, with "the community".

On another note, if you think anything you've been faced with here qualifies as "harassment", you're in for a really rude awakening when you hit the real world.
Go up to random people in the real world, start calling them "retards", and see how long it takes before one of them punches you in the face.
Actions have consequences.
Get used to that.

nobody called anyone retarded. so that point is moot. nice try though.

funny you should mention how these things shouldnt qualify as harassment when the banning policy screams otherwise. more contradictions.

and yes, go ahead with your assumptions about someones life. very professional and not toxic at all.

you are not doing a very good job of convincing me that this community is a tolerant one.
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:49 am

TheVictim wrote:nobody called anyone retarded. so that point is moot. nice try though.
funny you should mention how these things shouldnt qualify as harassment when the banning policy screams otherwise. more contradictions.
you are not doing a very good job of convincing me that this community is a tolerant one.

You made a point of posting that "retard isn't profanity".
That statement clearly implies you feel it is an appropriate word to be used in public, and directed towards others, be that in-game, or in real life.
That's ignoring the fact that you insulted a large portion of the user base here while making that post, and now want to claim THEY are the ones who are toxic.

Nobody has "harassed" you.
They've pointed out flaws in your logic, and flaws in your personality.
Neither of those qualifies as "harassment".
They are the "simple observations" you claimed to be making earlier.

Any "intolerance" shown by the community at large is generally directed toward "toxic individuals".
If you're feeling that intolerance directed toward you, you should take a good introspective look at yourself first, before pointing fingers at others.
If you give attitude, you get attitude.
That's how life generally works, when dealing with other people.
"Reap what you sow" is a concept at least as old as the Bible, and is every bit as applicable today as it was back then.
NoOne-NBA

Postby TheVictim on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:18 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
TheVictim wrote:nobody called anyone retarded. so that point is moot. nice try though.

You made a point of posting that "retard isn't profanity".
That statement clearly implies you feel it is an appropriate word to be used in public, and directed towards others, be that in-game, or in real life.
That's ignoring the fact that you insulted a large portion of the user base here while making that post, and now want to claim THEY are the ones who are toxic.

Nobody has "harassed" you.
They've pointed out flaws in your logic, and flaws in your personality.
Neither of those qualifies as "harassment".
They are the "simple observations" you claimed to be making earlier.

Any "intolerance" shown by the community at large is generally directed toward "toxic individuals".
If you're feeling that intolerance directed toward you, you should take a good introspective look at yourself first, before pointing fingers at others.
If you give attitude, you get attitude.
That's how life generally works, when dealing with other people.
"Reap what you sow" is a concept at least as old as the Bible, and is every bit as applicable today as it was back then.

more fallacies while avoiding obvious facts.

calling someone a snowflake is just as likely going to get you punched as calling someone a retard. but you're ignoring that insult since it is evidence against you. how convenient.

stating the definition of retard is absolutely not an insult to anyone and like you said yourself if you think anything is harassment here then you have a rude awakening coming to you when you finally step outside. yet another contradiction. when will they end?

pointing fingers at me who actually pointed no fingers. more hypocrisy and more projection from someone who is supposed to be a professional representative of this community. this is why this community is failing, as i said in my other thread.

save your next 3 fallacies they are completely unnecessary and nonconstructive.

see ya
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 pm

TheVictim wrote:this is why this community is failing, as i said in my other thread.
see ya

The "community" is not failing.
If anything, it's taken a sizable upturn recently, due to the actions taken by Psyonix, to remove the less desirable elements from the community.
That's the point I keep trying to make.
Most of us are HAPPIER with the new restrictions than we were before they were implemented.

YOU are responsible for much of what happens around you, and ALL of how you perceive those encounters, just like I am responsible for what happens around me, and how I perceive it.
I am happy because I CHOOSE to be happy.
That desire to be happy causes me to actively look for, and surround myself with, people/things that MAKE me happy.

You look for conflict, so that's what YOU find around you.
It also causes you to surround yourself with OTHERS who feel equally persecuted, so you all drag each other down as well.
That's on YOU, not the world.

If you truly feel "harassed" here, I'd suggest you leave, and find somewhere that makes you happier.
God knows I wouldn't stay somewhere I was being "harassed", unless I were forced to.
NoOne-NBA

Postby spoons on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm

littlebigleg wrote:your not a kid? your joking with me now?

Being a sarcastic dick doesn't look good remember, kid. Your toxicity offends me.
spoons
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm still here, can't be failing.
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Tentacles wrote:I'm still here, can't be failing.

better watch out bud some new kids in town are gunning for your rep record
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby JacobThePigeon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:42 pm

TheVictim wrote: wow, this is a stretch. you really dont see the distinction?

every post its becomes more and more evident why this community is so toxic and intolerant. when the mods dont understand the difference between harassment and a simple observation. and then even actively encourage the harassment. brilliant.

such contradiction and hypocrisy.

great work psyonix.

Just my two cents:
JacobThePigeon wrote:Attacking vs raising criticism is entirely based on opinion, your culture, the nature of how you grew up, we all have different standards embedded in our minds in which we differentiate what exactly entails an insult or what can be considered constructive criticism.

While some simply do not care, others are very sensitive and will not take things like these lightly, and thus it leaves us with an issue that no one in the entire world can fix. We all have our opinions on what is right and wrong, and unless we all had the same standard, this argument will never be solved fairly, because what constitutes as "fair" is always different from one person to another. This is why we have certified judges appointed by law that make these judgements for us, and even so, judges aren't perfect either.

Whether you're a snowflake or a steel beam, people get triggered in different ways. We just have to live with that, I guess.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Tentacles wrote:I'm still here, can't be failing.

That's because "the community" is more "tolerant" than forum trolls would like you to believe.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:42 pm

This thread has GoodVibes :)
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote:This thread has GoodVibes :)

Speaking of forum trolls
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion