The new ban system is actually retarded..

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

The new ban system is actually retarded..

Postby Haarek on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 am

Seriously... What is wrong with the new automatic ban system? I literally just got banned for saying "retard game" before exiting a match. That landed me on a 7 day ban. After my 72 hour ban, I decided to NOT be toxic and trash talk people any more, but hey! One line of "retard game" is apparently enough to shut you down for X days. I mean.. You can't even talk to people any more before you get banned... Enter a match; "Hello :)" BANNED FOR 30 DAYS.

Psyonix... fix your sh*t.

"It's your own fault blah blah blah", well.. yes, kind of. IMO saying "retard game" for then to get banned is a biiiiiiiiiiiiit ridiculous.
Haarek
Supersonic

Re: The new ban system is actually retarded..

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 am

Just a warning, but the next ban is likely going to be permanent, so I'd be really careful when you get back, if I were you.

I'd personally suggest you employ the "shut the **** up and play" approach to this.
It's worked for literally everyone who has tried it, so far.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby DeviantFive0 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 am

The same as being at work and stating you hate your job.

Repeat offenders usually get less chance to avoid further implications, common sense really.
DeviantFive0
Acrobatic

PSN ID: DeviantFive0
Steam ID: GameTime
Region: Both

Postby Haarek on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:Just a warning, but the next ban is likely going to be permanent, so I'd be really careful when you get back, if I were you.

I'd personally suggest you employ the "shut the **** up and play" approach to this.

I don't know how you got to be a mod with this kind of an attitude. You'd get banned from the rl servers with it! considering how ridiculous it is atm. I'll just wait for an actual developer to come with a reasonable answer rather then your arrogant answer :)
Haarek
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:34 am

There was nothing "arrogant" in that post.
It was all friendly advice that you can take or leave at your own peril.

I was specifically telling you about the perma-ban that is staring you in the face because it didn't appear you knew that, based on your "30 day" comment.
Then I gave you advice on the best way to avoid that ban.

It's all up to you, from that point on.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Haarek on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:There was nothing "arrogant" in that post.
It was all friendly advice that you can take or leave at your own peril.

I was specifically telling you about the perma-ban that is staring you in the face because it didn't appear you knew that, based on your "30 day" comment.
Then I gave you advice on the best way to avoid that ban.

It's all up to you, from that point on.

I'm only on a 7 day ban atm and yes, it was arrogant. No wonder why the rocket league community is one of the worst when even the moderators of the forum is acting with an attitude towards other users. I saw you post more or less the exact same thing to another guy that was banned for just a stupid comment.

"1) shut the **** up
2) play"

Great moderatin' pal!
Haarek
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 am

Haarek wrote:I'm only on a 7 day ban atm

And the next one will likely be permanent.

"Permanent" is the next jump up from the "one week" ban.
I don't know if there's a cooldown period, so I was warning you not to risk it.

If you want to keep making comments in game, feel free.
Just don't say "nobody warned me" when you get a perma-ban.
NoOne-NBA

Postby BloodyBunny on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:27 am

Obviously "retard" is one of the 20 banned words. I am sure all of them are offensive and racist words. So maybe you should stop saying dumb shit and as NoOne suggested...try the stfu and just play method so you don't have to worry. So fucking simple yet people can't figure it out.
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby G-Lew41 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 am

Clearly, you deserved the ban. You seem to think that "retard" is not toxic. I disagree, and clearly the devs do as well. It's a simple concept. If you don't like the rules, stop playing the game - or they will force you to stop playing. If you enjoy the game, your best course of action would be to just shut up in chat. You clearly do not have the discipline to censor yourself - as shown by the very fact that you used the same word in the damn topic title that got you banned from the game, so just stop talking in chat. You're clearly not getting it. There are literally tens of thousands of words that are perfectly fine. Try using those words. If you aren't capable of having a conversation without using a flagged word, then not being able to play Rocket League for a week should be the least of your concerns.

No-One-NBA was giving you good advice. He wasn't telling you to stfu; he was saying that perhaps you should employ that M.O. to prevent your ban from becoming permanent until you figure out how to control your issues.
G-Lew41
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: G-Lew41

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 am

G-Lew41 wrote:your best course of action would be to just shut up in chat.

Don't forget the "and play" part.

You can still get banned for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct", if you opt not to play.
I'm not sure if those bans stack on top of the "Verbal Harassment" ones, but that's not something I'd really want to find out the hard way.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Haarek on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:59 am

Psyonix logic: Get banned for talking.

Not a mute, no. A ban. You can't play the game at all. Can't even open cases. Why is there no mute? Why not mute people for saying "bad" words? Nope. Slam the ban hammer and make sure paying customers can't do anything with the game until the ban is lifted.

RETARDED.
Haarek
Supersonic

Postby Lumikai on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Haarek wrote:Why not mute people for saying "bad" words?

Why not avoid typing "bad" words?

Regardless of what the punishment is, how are you so bad at 'not' typing something? I mean, you don't need to do anything to not type something, it's the easiest thing.
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Haarek on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Lumikai wrote:

Regardless of what the punishment is, how are you so bad at 'not' typing something? I mean, you don't need to do anything to not type something, it's the easiest thing.

So if someone flames you, you sit back and take it, ay? I like to express myself when people lash at me, but that's just me. You may go and hide and later cry if you'd like but that's just not how I roll.
Haarek
Supersonic

Postby Lumikai on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Haarek wrote:
Lumikai wrote:

So if someone flames you, you sit back and take it, ay? I like to express myself when people lash at me, but that's just me. You may go and hide and later cry if you'd like but that's just not how I roll.

Yeah, you show that guy on the internet who's boss, nobody messes with you and gets away with it :roll:
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Haarek wrote:So if someone flames you, you sit back and take it, ay?

No, I usually laugh at them, like I did at your comments earlier.

I've got way too much life experience to worry about what some random person on the internet thinks of me.
Unless you are presenting a viable physical threat to me, or to my friends/family, you're just not important enough for me to spend time worrying about.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Tentacles on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm

I can see why OP got banned, PoS thinks it is ok to throw around words like "retarded". Get banned more, your intolerance is disgusting.
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Waterbottle on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Haarek wrote:Psyonix logic: Get banned for talking.

As a matter of fact, you can talk all you want. You can have great conversations in replays and after the match.

Haarek wrote:So if someone flames you, you sit back and take it, ay? I like to express myself when people lash at me, but that's just me.

From what I get in most of these threads is that the base premise always is "it's not my fault". And yet here we are, the content each and everyone of us types is exactly our doing. Nobody forces us to do anything. The moment we send a message, we are responsible for what we type. As you say yourself, you're not obliged to lash back at anyone, you can also mute them. You're not obliged to report anyone. Once you feel a reasonable threshhold has been crossed it is your liberty to report that person.

And before we go in the "but then anyone can report me for anything" debate, yes, reporting someone "just for fun" is as bad as being a toxic offender. I have not yet heard of cases like this but I also agree that if a user has been caught creating many false flags that this shouldn't go unpunished, too.

My main point is that we will not get a good discussion going when a thread starts with "You're s***", "Psyonix is DUMB OMG", and the mentality that "everyone is a moron and I'm the only sane person here". The banning system most likely has its flaws and these need to be addressed. However everyone sets the tone to their concerns.

Additionally what I hear people arguing about is that swearing and profanity are "adult" things. Being an adult has nothing to do with being able to use foul language or not. Being adult means to know when it is appropriate to use such language and when it is not.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle

Region: EU

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 pm

How should you respond to someone talking smack?
Outplay them. Score some nasty shit on them.

Don't let them suck you into an argument, they want you to get triggered so you tilt and play even worse.

A nice big W is a great way to express yourself :D but that's just how I roll
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby spoons on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:Just a warning, but the next ban is likely going to be permanent, so I'd be really careful when you get back, if I were you.

Just wondering, is it considered toxic to tell someone to shut the f**k up and play? I mean if a mod of the forum is saying it, it must be considered ok, no?

Can i just start typing everything with stars ingame, whilst still being toxic i am only doing what a moderator considers ok, who is totally in agreement with the banning system. I mean at the end of the day its the word itself that matters right? not whats actually meant by the whole context of whats said.

So you can still be toxic just as long as you don't use the trigger words because we all know its the individual words that hurt people peoples widdle feels......

This banning system is so ass backwards because im still just the exact same asshole i was before i just don't use profanity.

System in place to prevent toxic tendencies, Still as much toxic tendencies as before just now 20 words arent said as much. Psyonoix trying to modify peoples behaviour and failing miserably.
spoons
Acrobatic

Postby Lumikai on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:58 am

spoons wrote:This banning system is so ass backwards because im still just the exact same asshole i was before i just don't use profanity.
Psyonoix trying to modify peoples behaviour and failing miserably.

They have modified your behaviour though, you don't use profanity in game anymore. If the goal is to clean up Rocket League then dissuading people from using profanity is surely a step in the right direction? You not using profanity show's the system is having a positive impact.

Also, the manual report checking and bans are still used. The auto-ban just get's the most toxic with the least self-control. So keep being an asshole and getting reported, and I expect eventually you'll be banned even without profanity.
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Next

Return to General Discussion