Another issue regarding MMR

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Another issue regarding MMR

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:01 am

Mantus wrote:Sock puppet account. Its a second account that someone posts under to support themselves and appear like a second opinion concurring with arguments against their opponents. That's why you get so frustrated about obvious problems and someone just keeps going against the betterment of the player base for strange reasons. Its known for companies to host their own forums with sock puppet accounts that try to belittle and estrange their player base through shame. To shame you into accepting what they make appear as a majority opinion when it is in fact not. Companies try to barrage you with opinions that are unfair for the player base by shaming you that youre a bad player. Wake up MMR is bull and it only helps psyonix engineer who wins and who loses.

stay woke

So what do you think would be a better alternative to using MMR to calculate ranks? Clearly you're very opinionated on the subject, maybe you would like to add something to the conversation instead of a rant about conspiracies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Mantus on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:08 am

The players here aren't asking for cheats. Please psyonix please help me cheat my opponents into unfair wins!!!. No, they're here for stupid reasons. Like. Please make the game fair. They're here because they know they're being cheated already or else they wouldn't be here at all. They would be playing the game instead. I don't address character attacks, sock puppet.
Mantus
Supersonic

Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West

Postby Mantus on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:24 am

There's a disgusting lack of ethics when you want your player base to question their own skills or self worth while you set the standard against them, and then use socket puppet accounts to shame them into thinking that they're bad. When they inherently recognize something is skewed enough to come to your forums to complain against the flaw. I wont be buying any keys to open nadda.
Mantus
Supersonic

Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm

can a̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ dirk please change my forum title from Battle-Car to Sock Puppet? :yaypsyonix:
Last edited by zGreenMachine- on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:29 pm

I'd be happy to, but I can't.
You need admin level for that.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Tentacles on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Mantus wrote:It wouldn't change anything. MMR is psyonix control over progression. Do you have anything real to talk about?

Psyonix isn't controlling how shitty your play style is. Psyonix makes bad decisions when it comes to the win streak system and how they handle low rank players on high rank players teams. But everyone is dealing with this not just you.
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby HAKKO on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 am

xkoeckiiej wrote:
midnightgreen20 wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:I can agree that players with the same MMR can be proficient at different skills. So because of that maybe MM can't make balanced games, is that the point you're trying to make? Or are you against MM trying to make balanced games at all?

Or are you simply suggesting that MM shouldn't try to use higher/lower ranked players to balance games?

Should the variables that make up a player's MMR be changed? Are you trying to point out there should be an alternative to MMR altogether?

I have a lot of questions as you can see :P

I'm saying that it can't ultimately make balanced games. This may not be much of an issue at the champion levels, but certainly below there is way too much fluctuation in skills and such that it will never be consistent enough to be passable in my eyes. It's more reason why there needs to be a better option outside of the casual playlists, like the player lobbies idea that I have. I'm open to other ideas if other ones are presented, but none have been so far.

Heeyy someone i can agree with.
In champion and even grandchampion people still have the same problem like in the lower ranks.
Especially lower ranked games will never have a system which allows to always have close games.
People are too shit (no offense) in most aspects making it impossible, hence people need to gitgut.
A new system in casual could work but i doubt it, as its just looking for new friends (as i interpet it).

DeviantFive0 wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:This is why I've changed my mind since launch, and now support performance-based ranking, especially in Solo Standard.

Anything that can create a larger gap, between one tier and the next, should help the matchmaking overall, once it reaches full effect.
It doesn't have to be anything excessive, just an extra little bump up or down, depending on how you did in that particular game.
People who contribute a lot will drift upwards with a given tier, while others will drift downward.
Over time, those small bumps will push people farther apart, leaving the system with wider gaps between players, while it decides which players to match together.

This approach would work well. But id like to see it work both ways, play at your best and win = max win points, play at your best and lose = min lose points.

I dont mind losing if i genuinely played crap, but when im at my peak and carrying the team but we still lose, i hope to god that im not losing the same MMR as the rest of the team.

Soo super often people think they carry, while effectively they actually fuck op more for their teammates than do gokd making their team play even worse. Also theres no way to calculate who played best, you can have most pts but failed shots count, can have 100% passing accuracy but the passes could still be non effective at all.

Agreed, individual rankings would promote such poor gaming; I already wish they would take the individuals scoreboard out, and combine it all into team stats.
HAKKO
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: HAKKO
Region: PC, east/west us

Postby nine_iron on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:24 pm

It'd clearly broken, I ranked up after losing a game last night. Clearly broken.
nine_iron
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nine_iron
Region: EU

Previous

Return to General Discussion