We need a list of bannable words.

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

We need a list of bannable words.

Postby Tentacles on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

What Psyonix might consider offensive many of us don't.
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: We need a list of bannable words.

Postby Steezie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 pm

how about this they block the words or make chat quick chat only and leave it to the console hosts or steam etc. how about they dont ban people and steal money from them for chat. Oh wait they cant do anything right I mean look at the batmobile. oh yea they wanted money so they ruined the game.
Steezie
Acrobatic

Steam ID: ogwaffles

Postby wsupchris1222444 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:56 am

Steezie wrote:how about this they block the words or make chat quick chat only and leave it to the console hosts or steam etc. how about they dont ban people and steal money from them for chat. Oh wait they cant do anything right I mean look at the batmobile. oh yea they wanted money so they ruined the game.

Oh steezie, still on a rant of being banned for talking shit in the game, you are entertaining.
The removal of Neo Tokyo has improved the game for the majority of players
wsupchris1222444
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: wsupchris1222444
Steam ID: wsupchris1222444
Region: US

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 am

Tentacles wrote:What Psyonix might consider offensive many of us don't.

They actually censor words on PS4, I assumed they did too on PC until I saw some guy type out "f**king" and it wasn't censored lol
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC quest has failed. Next season!
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Bee Chaser on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:53 am

They can't publish that list. It will make the whole system uneffective. They shouldn't ban players for using the words from that list though. Punishing people for breaking your secret rules is a maniac/psycho type of behavior. Other developers of online games use that list for profanity filters. That's what Psyonix should do instead of what they're doing now.
Bee Chaser
Supersonic

Region: EU

Postby JacobThePigeon on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 am

Honestly, I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just implement the word censors which they have currently on the console version of Rocket League. It would solve most of the issues, and you could even add a toggle in the options to use the censoring filters or not.

Simple.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 am

definitely do not say What a save or WoW! There big no no,s
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby TheVictim on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

JacobThePigeon wrote:Honestly, I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just implement the word censors which they have currently on the console version of Rocket League. It would solve most of the issues, and you could even add a toggle in the options to use the censoring filters or not.

Simple.

because then they wouldnt be able to tell themselves they are the saviors of society. keeping everyone safe from insensitivity!
that wouldnt leave room for abuse of power to feed their egos.

their overwhelming love for themselves prevents them from seeing the toxicity they are leaving in the gaming world they love so much.
TheVictim
Acrobatic

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 pm

this games a PEGI 3,as in children above the age of three years old play as well,that should give you a yard stick of whats offensive and whats not.
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby JacobThePigeon on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

littlebigleg wrote:

this games a PEGI 3,as in children above the age of three years old play as well,that should give you a yard stick of whats offensive and whats not.

Yeah, but you'd think if they were that worried about kids and cursing that they'd just use the censoring system they currently have on console... no?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 am

JacobThePigeon wrote:
littlebigleg wrote:

Yeah, but you'd think if they were that worried about kids and cursing that they'd just use the censoring system they currently have on console... no?

aye of course,but was more the point of while a grown adult may find things not offensive etc,They have no idea who there talking too,could be being a bully and toxic to a toddler lol .If a games an 18 or even a 15 its a different matter,But at Pegi 3 players should be bright enough to hold there tounge
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Then parents should be monitoring the games their kids play. That is the responsibility of being a parent.
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby N7Mith on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:52 am

If it gets censored on pc it's on the list.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tentacles on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Sweet I just need to turn on the censor figure out every word and hope I don't get banned.
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:09 am

Ok this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Just use some common sense. If you wouldn't say it in front of your boss or teacher then you probably shouldn't use that word. We're all old enough to know what's acceptable and what's not. Really can't plead ignorance here unless you're like 5 years old and then you probably won't know the words in the first place.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Funnybear on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:22 am

I use far worse words on my boss. It's a tough world out here kiddies. Surely it is better to address why some one is being insulted (game play, greifer, troll . . . . Now that is a list I would be more than happy to share with wider public) than to arbitrarily wield the ban hammer at colourful and imaginative language. A finely crafted insult can be a thing of beauty and is quite an acquired skill itself. Maybe more so now as people try and navigate their way around a draconian invisible ban list.
Funnybear
Supersonic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 am

Funnybear wrote:I use far worse words on my boss. It's a tough world out here kiddies. Surely it is better to address why some one is being insulted (game play, greifer, troll . . . . Now that is a list I would be more than happy to share with wider public) than to arbitrarily wield the ban hammer at colourful and imaginative language. A finely crafted insult can be a thing of beauty and is quite an acquired skill itself. Maybe more so now as people try and navigate their way around a draconian invisible ban list.

It depends on who your boss is. I can cuss like a sailor with my warehouse boss (and I do at times ;) ) but when I worked retail I wouldn't at all. Especially not in front of customers.

but basically yeah, common sense
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Tentacles on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 pm

AlexCuse44 wrote:Ok this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Just use some common sense. If you wouldn't say it in front of your boss or teacher then you probably shouldn't use that word. We're all old enough to know what's acceptable and what's not. Really can't plead ignorance here unless you're like 5 years old and then you probably won't know the words in the first place.

People swear it's a modern world that doesn't cater to snowflakes every second of every day. Psyonix is doing what they can to help bring power back to the snowflake.
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Tentacles wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:Ok this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Just use some common sense. If you wouldn't say it in front of your boss or teacher then you probably shouldn't use that word. We're all old enough to know what's acceptable and what's not. Really can't plead ignorance here unless you're like 5 years old and then you probably won't know the words in the first place.

People swear it's a modern world that doesn't cater to snowflakes every second of every day. Psyonix is doing what they can to help bring power back to the snowflake.

Lmao you have some nerve calling people snowflakes considering all you do here is complain :laugh:

First people complain about toxic players not being banned and now that Psyonix has gone full banhammer mode people are just complaining about being banned. If you wanna swear then go ahead, just don't come crying here when you finally get hit with that inevitable permaban
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Tentacles on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 am

I never once complained about toxicity in this game. I'm not a 12-year-old girl. My only beef with Psyonix is their shitty servers.
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Next

Return to General Discussion