Why I stopped playing

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Why I stopped playing

Postby Laoakai on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Just quit RL, for following reasons. will only play on LANS for fun or if following problems are ever solved.

After approximately 8000 games I have a decent database to evalutae certain situations correctly:

1. Server/clipping/hitbox issues. I have no idea what is the real reason behind this problem. But I watched several replays where I can see that the ball goes through my car model, yet still gets no impact and flies through me, eventually deciding the outcome of the current game. After 8000 games I know exactly when it is time to press what button how fast/strong in what combination whatsoever, but sometimes you just fly right through the ball and no impact. Also sometimes I can see other players hit the ball, when shortly after the server negates that impact and treats the ball as if the opponent didn't hit. Its like a very short setback. And in the replay it sometimes is visible and sometimes not.

2. Ranking system failure. I play with guys that are diamond II and behave like noobs, I play with gold III that are better than diamond I players and basically I don't have the feeling that the ranking symbol tells me anything about the player's skill. Also what skill? Solo play skills and team game skills are 2 totally different things.

3. Flaming and trolls. How can I report a quitter, if he quit? Duh, I can't -> well done. People writing "kys(kill yourself) noob and want to surrender after first missed opportunity/shot are all over the place. The community goes straight into the dota 2 / cs community direction, which are mainly both toxic as hell. Either Psyonix will build a good reputation system like League of Legends has, or the positive attitude players will leave in droves. Also it never really felt like reporting does anything.

Also there is a problem with players not understanding what a noob is. They keep repeating "omg your score is so low -> noob" Well the problem is for example I can have a perfect shot opportunity to score, my teammate shots before me and misses. We have 1 goal less and he gets credit for the try. Next I have a perfect opportunity to clear a ball, my teammate has a bad position and still clears the ball isntead of me, that turns into a pass and opponents score. Still again my teammate gets credit for it. So now he has 100 points+ and I have 0, when in reality he is responsible that our opponents lead 0 - 1 and we don't 1 - 0.
So the scoring system doesn't compare actions, whether they were good or bad for your team. They just credit actions per se. That leads to (probably) kids thinking they did way better, because of the higher score, when in reality they are the reason their team lost.

4. Crates. I don't want to pay 10 Euros for a car, I don't need most of the other stuff in it, I mostly just want 2 or 3 things out of the crate. If you pay for content, you shouldn't get contenct you don't want, when afterwards it is just lying around in your inventory, some of it you cannot even use, because you don't even own the required car. I keep getting items over items I already have and don't need and I cannot scramble them together higher than lvl 3 items. I know there is trading, but I am solely looking into the part, that I pay money to get a thing, that I probably don't want or can't use. Just my personal taste here I think it's a stupid system. A better system would be to check all the things you want, have basic import cars and make the special colored ones rare.

Let me know what you think about my reasons to quit the game.
Laoakai
Supersonic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:02 am
Steam ID: Cormantyr
Region: Steam

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 pm

1. Agreed
2. Agreed, average players who fit the curve can climb much higher than people who go on win streaks.
3. Welcome to every competitive game ever.
4. It brings the game money, one day they will use it to fix servers. I hope.
Image
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby CasaRomeo on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 pm

I just came in the Forum to look if there are people with similar problems, thanks Laoakai. I was reading all the comments about the new ranked system i have now 499 Hours in this Game and now its over i will deinstall and wait so that i not even see the dumb updates anymore. No Advertising of stuff thats not needed untill this problem is fixed.

I played this game from the beginning nice work to kill it for me after 499 hours. Im glad that i never buyed a Hitbox/Glitched DLC Car(Just Bigger hitboxes in the beginning, mhh like a game i know yeah OP new Chars in MOBA┬┤s). -.- They think we are dumb -.-
CasaRomeo
Supersonic
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:31 pm
Steam ID: CasaRomeo

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby E_M_E_T on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:48 pm

1. Internet connection. I don't care how good and perfect you think your connection is, the game has its limits. If rubber banding is a real issue for you, it's because you are too far from the server location (roughly).

2. True, but what's the point of complaining about it if no one has a solution? Team matchmaking has been a problem for developers for over a decade, why is it you still buy games that have ranked team matchmaking if you're just going to quit because of it?

3. Whining. What you are doing here is called whining. You know, the exact thing you are complaining about.

4. Supply and Demand.
Image
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:33 pm
PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USW... but idrc

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Ghost hitting/rubberbanding is most likely a problem with the connection between your ISP and the servers, and not an issue with the servers directly.

LoL is just as toxic too lol, I know a lot of people who have quit that game because of it. Toxicity is abundant in every competitive game out there. All of the best reporting features and reputation systems won't get rid of it completely so you either have to learn to deal with it or walk away.

I think that all of the cars should be offered as standalone DLC and only the painted variants are in crates.



At the end of the day the only thing that really matters is whether or not you still enjoy playing the game. While I've been playing other games lately I still really enjoy RL and if I'm not grinding ranked I'm messing around in pubs with friends. If all of your problems lead you to not enjoying the game then play something else.
Image
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC quest has failed. Next season!
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby Laoakai on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 am

E_M_E_T wrote:1. Internet connection. I don't care how good and perfect you think your connection is, the game has its limits. If rubber banding is a real issue for you, it's because you are too far from the server location (roughly).

2. True, but what's the point of complaining about it if no one has a solution? Team matchmaking has been a problem for developers for over a decade, why is it you still buy games that have ranked team matchmaking if you're just going to quit because of it?

3. Whining. What you are doing here is called whining. You know, the exact thing you are complaining about.

4. Supply and Demand.



1. I don't think it is just the internet. Just remember how bugged the walls of the earlier Tokyo and Starbase ARC were. My Internet connection is really good, also I only play on Europe servers and as I said, it is not happening always, just in about under 50% of the games.

2. I know this is a problem, but I don't believe there is no improvement to the current situation. If you have a game where there are Platin II player with around 200 score in the end, and one gold II player with 1000 score at the end, he is probably in the wrong rank and should be adjusted more quickly. Also if I loose versus a better team, why do I get deranked? Makes no sense whatsoever. I should only be deranked after loosing versus an equally good team or a worse one. I should only rank up, if winning versus and equally good team or a better one. I know Rocket League is still a young game, but I think with that much success, they should have enough money to hire some more people to face this problem.

3. What I am doing here is definately no whining. Whining is if you start complaining after 1 minute of a 5 minute game. I complain about certain repetitive issues of the game after 8000 games and 800+ hours. If this still is called whining, then everything every person ever complains about is "whining"...
The point of complaining is, that for example League of Legends started with the exact same problem, but after many people complained, they implemented a really good reputation and reporting system. Of course there still are flamers, but it is better than in the past and also I believe if you do nothing about it, those people will just continue. If you do something about it, they might leave and flame on in another game.

4. Supply and demand yes, of course they have costs for the servers etc. But that doesn't neccessarily mean you have to use an unfair and stupid loot system. League of Legends, Dota 2 or Overwatch have way better systems any they earn enough money easily.


Also I remembered another problem:

5. The goal edges. If your cars just barely touches 1 pixel of the edge, it feels like it starts to breakdance around like an epileptic seizure and you are basically out of the game for the next attack on your goal. This reset button you can use, when your car lies on its back, should be possible to use in the goal area in general, or they could improve those edges.
Laoakai
Supersonic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:02 am
Steam ID: Cormantyr
Region: Steam

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby xkoeckiiej on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 am

Laoakai wrote:Just quit RL, for following reasons. will only play on LANS for fun or if following problems are ever solved.

After approximately 8000 games I have a decent database to evalutae certain situations correctly:

1. Server/clipping/hitbox issues. I have no idea what is the real reason behind this problem. But I watched several replays where I can see that the ball goes through my car model, yet still gets no impact and flies through me, eventually deciding the outcome of the current game. After 8000 games I know exactly when it is time to press what button how fast/strong in what combination whatsoever, but sometimes you just fly right through the ball and no impact. Also sometimes I can see other players hit the ball, when shortly after the server negates that impact and treats the ball as if the opponent didn't hit. Its like a very short setback. And in the replay it sometimes is visible and sometimes not.

2. Ranking system failure. I play with guys that are diamond II and behave like noobs, I play with gold III that are better than diamond I players and basically I don't have the feeling that the ranking symbol tells me anything about the player's skill. Also what skill? Solo play skills and team game skills are 2 totally different things.

3. Flaming and trolls. How can I report a quitter, if he quit? Duh, I can't -> well done. People writing "kys(kill yourself) noob and want to surrender after first missed opportunity/shot are all over the place. The community goes straight into the dota 2 / cs community direction, which are mainly both toxic as hell. Either Psyonix will build a good reputation system like League of Legends has, or the positive attitude players will leave in droves. Also it never really felt like reporting does anything.

Also there is a problem with players not understanding what a noob is. They keep repeating "omg your score is so low -> noob" Well the problem is for example I can have a perfect shot opportunity to score, my teammate shots before me and misses. We have 1 goal less and he gets credit for the try. Next I have a perfect opportunity to clear a ball, my teammate has a bad position and still clears the ball isntead of me, that turns into a pass and opponents score. Still again my teammate gets credit for it. So now he has 100 points+ and I have 0, when in reality he is responsible that our opponents lead 0 - 1 and we don't 1 - 0.
So the scoring system doesn't compare actions, whether they were good or bad for your team. They just credit actions per se. That leads to (probably) kids thinking they did way better, because of the higher score, when in reality they are the reason their team lost.

4. Crates. I don't want to pay 10 Euros for a car, I don't need most of the other stuff in it, I mostly just want 2 or 3 things out of the crate. If you pay for content, you shouldn't get contenct you don't want, when afterwards it is just lying around in your inventory, some of it you cannot even use, because you don't even own the required car. I keep getting items over items I already have and don't need and I cannot scramble them together higher than lvl 3 items. I know there is trading, but I am solely looking into the part, that I pay money to get a thing, that I probably don't want or can't use. Just my personal taste here I think it's a stupid system. A better system would be to check all the things you want, have basic import cars and make the special colored ones rare.

Let me know what you think about my reasons to quit the game.



1. its really annoying indeed.
2. everyone at those ranks are so "bad" and inconsistent, that can't be helped, once you hit higher ranks like champ2/3/gc you will see consistency.
even then people have different strategics and they can clash, so dont blame mm on inconsistent teammates.
3. every comp game has it.
4. if you don't want to pay, don't pay. this game is not p2w
Image
xkoeckiiej
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby N7Mith on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 am

E_M_E_T wrote:1. Internet connection. I don't care how good and perfect you think your connection is, the game has its limits. If rubber banding is a real issue for you, it's because you are too far from the server location (roughly).

The servers aren't perfect. Every now and then I get laggy AF games where everyone gets lag spikes. Your argument holds value, but doesn't cover server issues which are still happening.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2595
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Servers are shit, some lucky people hit the lottery and don't have to deal with it, or are just to trash to realize that they are lagging.
Image
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby midnightgreen20 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Tentacles wrote:Servers are shit, some lucky people hit the lottery and don't have to deal with it, or are just to trash to realize that they are lagging.


European servers aren't all that great. They were better at the beginning of the game but seemingly have gotten worse. And if you ever play on US West, good luck to you on that one.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby CasaRomeo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:37 am

E_M_E_T wrote:1. Internet connection. I don't care how good and perfect you think your connection is, the game has its limits. If rubber banding is a real issue for you, it's because you are too far from the server location (roughly).

2. True, but what's the point of complaining about it if no one has a solution? Team matchmaking has been a problem for developers for over a decade, why is it you still buy games that have ranked team matchmaking if you're just going to quit because of it?

3. Whining. What you are doing here is called whining. You know, the exact thing you are complaining about.

4. Supply and Demand.


Im IT-Administrator kid -.- thats all i have to say
CasaRomeo
Supersonic
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:31 pm
Steam ID: CasaRomeo

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby CasaRomeo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 am

Tentacles wrote:Servers are shit, some lucky people hit the lottery and don't have to deal with it, or are just to trash to realize that they are lagging.

Thanks just thanks, the whining kids will complain but you are right especially the last part.
CasaRomeo
Supersonic
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:31 pm
Steam ID: CasaRomeo

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby 2psah on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:59 am

Tbh, in my 22 years of gaming i've never ever met such a toxic community as this one, and i had the pleasure of meeting a lot..
2psah
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:10 am
PSN ID: TUPPERDE2PS
Region: Europe

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby OsoMako on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

Funny, I guess I've only got 18 years of gaming, but this is certainly not the most toxic community I've been in. I was going to say the least toxic community, but ... nah, Raven Shield has that one on lock.
Image
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 am
Location: California
Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 am

2psah wrote:Tbh, in my 22 years of gaming i've never ever met such a toxic community as this one, and i had the pleasure of meeting a lot..


OsoMako wrote:Funny, I guess I've only got 18 years of gaming, but this is certainly not the most toxic community I've been in. I was going to say the least toxic community, but ... nah, Raven Shield has that one on lock.


The alpha of this game had the most amazing community you'll ever see.
Most of them don't visit here anymore due to the toxicity and whine threads all around.
People would say nice shot ingame instead of spamming what a save.
Complimenting eachother on alot and having proper discussions.
No whiny threads " i dont like playing anymore cuzz of this that" but " this could be enhanced by doing this and that"
the whole vibe was so different from now, really miss that ;_;
Image
xkoeckiiej
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby JacobThePigeon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:The alpha of this game had the most amazing community you'll ever see.
Most of them don't visit here anymore due to the toxicity and whine threads all around.
People would say nice shot ingame instead of spamming what a save.
Complimenting eachother on alot and having proper discussions.
No whiny threads " i dont like playing anymore cuzz of this that" but " this could be enhanced by doing this and that"
the whole vibe was so different from now, really miss that ;_;


The good ol' days, my friend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -


Image
Image
JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby FlashPower on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I am agree with laokai. Meanwhile I'm legend and on rankeds i still stuck in Gold 1 on 2 v 2. The random mates are mostly bad ones. You play so strong, and do 3 worldclass goals and mate destroys it within 1 minute letting in 3 balls which are stoppable.

The times has changed a lot, I guess and after 2 years you already meet ppl in Gold 1 that play on level of platin III, cuz season starts again ever and ever and all ranks of all ppl go down to zero again. So they have to rank up again. On the other hand, you even have proplayer that make new accounts, to play with bad ppl on lower ranks, just to destroy them. And ppl then never know, why its so brutal and why they have to tryhard so extreme.

fact is: Better is, you have friends/mates on steam, who are really pro too and play with them rankeds. random is lottery. If you have a bad guy, chance of losing os like 55%, because he lets in each ball.
Image

My conceptcar for RL in future.
FlashPower
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:The alpha of this game had the most amazing community you'll ever see.
Most of them don't visit here anymore due to the toxicity and whine threads all around.
People would say nice shot ingame instead of spamming what a save.
Complimenting eachother on alot and having proper discussions.
No whiny threads " i dont like playing anymore cuzz of this that" but " this could be enhanced by doing this and that"
the whole vibe was so different from now, really miss that ;_;


That's why I joined the forums in the first place tbh and I've come across some of the older SARPBC-era threads.

But I have been part of some good discussions on here, unfortunately it seems like this place has devolved into nothing more than a cesspool of complaints. I just joined too late it seems.
Image
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC quest has failed. Next season!
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby OsoMako on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 am

One good solution is to stop posting in threads that are toxic like these. The bait is too much to resist sometimes for me though. x_x
Image
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 am
Location: California
Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Re: Why I stopped playing

Postby FlashPower on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

OsoMako wrote:One good solution is to stop posting in threads that are toxic like these. The bait is too much to resist sometimes for me though. x_x


Anyhow, it has nothing to do with toxic ppl.

The thing is, the level in rocket league is rising up more and more. I notice, that Gold 1 already has a lot of matches which is on a level like platin III / Dia 1. Because there arent these noobs anymore. Most ppl restarted their seasons again again and some pros smurf with new accounts starting by zero.

especially in a 2 v 2, if you have a random guy with you that immediately starts chasing and wild shooting the ball constantly over 5 minutes, so that you cant come any close to the ball to make a nice shot inclusive your mate bumps u constantly away, makes it almost impossible to win such a game if you have good guys as opponents.

You can really can only keep rank up better, if you have a good mate in a group. This random stuff makes it more and more to a lottery if you win the game or not, it doesnt care, how your skill is. If you have a guy like i just described, is your skill nothing what could help a lot.

Or the only chance u have, to stay in goal 5 minutes long and work for a lucky punch, what decides the game.
Image

My conceptcar for RL in future.
FlashPower
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests