Should I Buy A PS3 Just To Get This Game?

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

Should I Buy A PS3 Just To Get This Game?

Postby Rufmeister on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Should I buy a PS3 (used of course) just to get SARPBC? Sadly, I was not among the community during the games release, nor owned a PS3. Would you recommend buying it, or just sticking with Rocket League?
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Re: Should I Buy A PS3 Just To Get This Game?

Postby Protato_01 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 am

Nah. It's very low quality when coming from Rocket League. Also the camera is horrendous and I honestly don't know how I played with it 3 years ago.
Protato_01
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: jasper2308
Steam ID: Protato
Region: EU

Postby Volodesi on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:35 am

It's still fun to play every once in-awhile. Don't play too much though, could affect your Rocket League game play. :)
Issues with Rocket League? Look HERE first! Game not starting? Look HERE! Connection Troubleshooting? Look HERE!
Forum Icon Legend

Friends don't let friends drive Mercs.
Volodesi

PSN ID: JoshM248
Steam ID: Volodesi
Region: US:Mid-West

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:56 am

Protato_01 wrote:Nah. It's very low quality when coming from Rocket League. Also the camera is horrendous and I honestly don't know how I played with it 3 years ago.

Volodesi wrote:It's still fun to play every once in-awhile. Don't play too much though, could affect your Rocket League game play. :)

Cool, thanks guys!
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:26 pm

at the time it was a great game. definitely worth doing and majority of the pre-rocket league community would say yes, but no not anymore since rocket league release. the community im would think is much smaller(esp na version) than before and coming across games wouldnt be very easy
sarpbcIScrack
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: PhillyPhils
Region: US/EU

Postby Prophet 999 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

sarpbcIScrack wrote:at the time it was a great game. definitely worth doing and majority of the pre-rocket league community would say yes, but no not anymore since rocket league release. the community im would think is much smaller(esp na version) than before and coming across games wouldnt be very easy

I used to think Halo 1, then Halo 2, were the greatest games ever. And I mean ever. Each one had soo much better graphics than the last version.

Then I go back and play them today, and its cringe worthy...I wonder how I ever managed to play them. However, they were game breaking in their right, when they came out.

Take that for what it's worth, but I imagine SARPBC was awesome as well for it's time, but probably most of them have all moved on to RL, and you may have struggles enjoying it over what you already have, let alone finding a match.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Return to General Discussion