SARPBC Theme Song

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

SARPBC Theme Song

Postby SilverClint on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Tell me where this mp3 is available...HAHAHHA! "SUUUUUUUPERSOOONIIIIIIIC!!!"

Also, what are the lyrics?
Silver and Silent
SilverClint
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Australia
PSN ID: Silver_Clint
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby TomPB on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NHAuZkkddI

I think corey said it was by a band called Rant Theory.
TomPB
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 pm
PSN ID: TomPB
Region: European

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby adambmetal on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Hey Guys, Adam B. Metal here from Rant Theory.

Just wanted to jump on and say a BIG THANKS to Dave and the crew at Psyonix for allowing us to be a part of their awesome game!

SilverClint wrote:Tell me where this mp3 is available...HAHAHHA! "SUUUUUUUPERSOOONIIIIIIIC!!!"
Also, what are the lyrics?


We are going to put an MP3 link up on our blog very soon, along with lyrics so you can sing along :cheesygrin:

http://www.ranttheory.blogspot.com

TomPB wrote:I think corey said it was by a band called Rant Theory.


Cheers for popping up the link TomPB!
Rant Theory is gaming podcast which includes Chris Wombwell, Nathan Pye and myself. Heres how this all happened:

A few 'casts back we did a review on SSARPBC and one of the things we spoke about was how much the title suggested that it was a "Saturday morning Cartoon" style game. I myself am a musician and every now an then ill throw in a parody style song into the 'cast for fun, so I couldnt resist making an extreme cartoon style theme for it.

After the 'cast went online, Nathan contacted Psyonix to let them know that we had reviewed their game (which we all loved of course) and that there was also a tribute song featured in it also, with no motive apart from just letting them know we liked their game.

Not long after we were contacted by Dave who told us the song was an office hit and asked us if they could include it in their next update. The rest, as they say, is history.

We couldnt be happier with how its turned out.
adambmetal
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
PSN ID: Mr_Metal
Region: Not Specified

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby TomPB on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Haha, it's a big hit with us too - It's gonna be in my head for a long time, the chorus makes me chuckle with glee everytime.

I looked on your website earlier, I remember all the mooseses, Nice work :]
TomPB
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 pm
PSN ID: TomPB
Region: European

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:51 pm

We all thought it was hilarious, we even clapped I think (we do that when something is amusing, yeah, we're dorks). Dave used it as his ringtone for a while, lol.
Image
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:26 pm
PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby JadaSki on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 pm

adambmetal wrote:Hey Guys, Adam B. Metal here from Rant Theory.

Just wanted to jump on and say a BIG THANKS to Dave and the crew at Psyonix for allowing us to be a part of their awesome game!

SilverClint wrote:Tell me where this mp3 is available...HAHAHHA! "SUUUUUUUPERSOOONIIIIIIIC!!!"
Also, what are the lyrics?


We are going to put an MP3 link up on our blog very soon, along with lyrics so you can sing along :cheesygrin:

http://www.ranttheory.blogspot.com

TomPB wrote:I think corey said it was by a band called Rant Theory.


Cheers for popping up the link TomPB!
Rant Theory is gaming podcast which includes Chris Wombwell, Nathan Pye and myself. Heres how this all happened:

A few 'casts back we did a review on SSARPBC and one of the things we spoke about was how much the title suggested that it was a "Saturday morning Cartoon" style game. I myself am a musician and every now an then ill throw in a parody style song into the 'cast for fun, so I couldnt resist making an extreme cartoon style theme for it.

After the 'cast went online, Nathan contacted Psyonix to let them know that we had reviewed their game (which we all loved of course) and that there was also a tribute song featured in it also, with no motive apart from just letting them know we liked their game.

Not long after we were contacted by Dave who told us the song was an office hit and asked us if they could include it in their next update. The rest, as they say, is history.

We couldnt be happier with how its turned out.


that theme was awesome! i actually listened to it for 20 mins straight.
Image
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're going to have a slumber party to watch it in our jammies.
JadaSki
Fully Garrulous
User avatar
Fully Garrulous
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am
PSN ID: PlutoniumFalcon
Region: USA

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Minarum2 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:17 pm

yah, great song. everyone loves it except my gf... go figure :p
Minarum2
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:02 pm
PSN ID: Minarum
Region: TX

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm

There's no pleasing women... :cheesygrin:
Image
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:26 pm
PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby SilverClint on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:There's no pleasing women... :cheesygrin:


The exception is me.
Silver and Silent
SilverClint
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Australia
PSN ID: Silver_Clint
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Eriquo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 pm

SilverClint wrote:
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:There's no pleasing women... :cheesygrin:


The exception is me.

so you accidently put a "n" in your name?
Image
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 6735
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby SilverClint on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Eriquo wrote:
SilverClint wrote:
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:There's no pleasing women... :cheesygrin:


The exception is me.

so you accidently put a "n" in your name?


No, I secretly write it out in capitals - CLINT. Only, I push the L and I closer together. ;)

EDIT: That's terrible...I apologise.
Silver and Silent
SilverClint
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Australia
PSN ID: Silver_Clint
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Psyonix-Eric on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We all thought it was hilarious, we even clapped I think (we do that when something is amusing, yeah, we're dorks). Dave used it as his ringtone for a while, lol.

True story. In fact, we loved when Dave got phone calls because we'd all sit there and listen to the song play. We're very lucky that Dave never waited long enough for it to go to voice mail...
Official Battle-Cars FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Official Battle-Cars Guide: Mini-game and general information guide
Latest patch (Aug.4, 2009) notes: Changelist
Psyonix-Eric
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:23 pm
PSN ID: Psyonix_Eric

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Minarum on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 pm

ever try singing it? a few ppl i know cant say the ARB part fast enough lol
ImageImage
Minarum
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 am

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby TomPB on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 am

SilverClint wrote:
Eriquo wrote:
SilverClint wrote:The exception is me.

so you accidently put a "n" in your name?


No, I secretly write it out in capitals - CLINT. Only, I push the L and I closer together. ;)

EDIT: That's terrible...I apologise.


Swish
TomPB
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 pm
PSN ID: TomPB
Region: European

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Hidstar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 am

HOLY SHIT
Somebody chart this as Guitar Hero custom!

@Psyonix/adambmetal ..Or call up EA/Activision for a Rock Band/Guitar Hero download! ;)

That would be awesome.
I see me and my friends (who used to do the SARPBC-Friday) play it! Lmao!
-Hidstar

My PS3 Themes: Blazzt • Chrome
Hidstar
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 am
Location: Hoorn, The Netherlands
PSN ID: Hidstar
Region: Europe

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Dori-Yan on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 am

Hidstar wrote:HOLY SHIT
Somebody chart this as Guitar Hero custom!

@Psyonix/adambmetal ..Or call up EA/Activision for a Rock Band/Guitar Hero download! ;)

That would be awesome.
I see me and my friends (who used to do the SARPBC-Friday) play it! Lmao!

haha yeah i thought that too!
would be epic on rock band!
"Appleade"
Dori-Yan
Expeditious
User avatar
Expeditious
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:25 am
Location: Bournemouth, UK
PSN ID: Dori-Yan
Steam ID: Appleade
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Hidstar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 am

Dori-Yan wrote:
Hidstar wrote:HOLY SHIT
Somebody chart this as Guitar Hero custom!

@Psyonix/adambmetal ..Or call up EA/Activision for a Rock Band/Guitar Hero download! ;)

That would be awesome.
I see me and my friends (who used to do the SARPBC-Friday) play it! Lmao!

haha yeah i thought that too!
would be epic on rock band!

Although I would prefer Guitar Hero just for the Expert+ drumming ;)
-Hidstar

My PS3 Themes: Blazzt • Chrome
Hidstar
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 am
Location: Hoorn, The Netherlands
PSN ID: Hidstar
Region: Europe

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby TomPB on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:30 am

The song doesn't have any double-bass
TomPB
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 pm
PSN ID: TomPB
Region: European

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby adambmetal on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 am

Thanks for all the comments guys. Its great to feel welcome in your awesome little community.

I have just made a new thread with a link to download the MP3. Enjoy!

Adam
adambmetal
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
PSN ID: Mr_Metal
Region: Not Specified

Re: SARPBC Theme Song

Postby Psyonix-Eric on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 am

TomPB wrote:The song doesn't have any double-bass

It sounds like it has some slow-ish double bass in it. Not the machine-gun style of double bass you here in Metallica's "One" or anything but it still sounds like there's some.

I wonder what it would take to get a custom track like that on Guitar Hero... Portal did it. I wonder if they ever consider other game theme songs. It would need a longer version with more variation probably but as it is, it's still badass.
Official Battle-Cars FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Official Battle-Cars Guide: Mini-game and general information guide
Latest patch (Aug.4, 2009) notes: Changelist
Psyonix-Eric
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:23 pm
PSN ID: Psyonix_Eric

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests