- A new arena, Galleon, is now available. It is set aboard a pirate ship on a cold spring night.
- A new arena, Stadium, is now available. It is a European-style soccer stadium.
- 14 new car skins
- Replays can be exported to SaveData as backup or to share with friends.
- Replays can be imported from the Replays menu.
- The final score is now displayed in the replays list. The user can also enter a title and short description.
- Replays are now numbered for quick identification.
- Red and Blue goals are automatically keyframed.
- A System Options item has been added that allows the HUD to stay visible when recording to video.
- A new menu option has been added to the mid-game menu that restarts the demo and video recording.
- Players can now swivel the camera during in-game replays.
- Demolishes now shake the camera of nearby players.
- The camera swivel pitch amount has been increased.
- Friend status is now displayed on XMB friends list to indicate if they are in single-player, ranked match, etc.
- Added an in-game graphical indicator to distinguish between official Psyonix employees and impersonators.
- Added “Go!” notification to the 3-2-1 countdown at the beginning of matches.
- Added left and right indicators on the map vote screen at the end of matches.
- The scoreboard will now update automatically.
- The Mute menu now displays all players, not just the ones that are currently talking, to make muting players easier.
- Added a Retry option at the end of all challenge modes.
- Clients can now view the server list while matchmaking in team lobbies.
- The names of each team member are now visible when viewing a team's detailed stats from the Standings menu.
- Music playback is maintained during level/menu transitions.
- Updated the XMB movie icon.
- The ball outline has been tweaked to show through walls and other obstacles.
FIXES / IMPROVEMENTS:
- The Friends List has been rewritten to use Sony's friends list services exclusively. This fixes numerous problems with buddy status and invites.
- Friends who are currently online and playing the game are now sorted to the top of the list.
- Fixed the “Please wait..” box getting stuck open when failing to connect to a server.
- Added a pop-up notification to distinguish between when the initial server list retrieval is taking a long time and when there are no servers up at all.
- The Server List is now sorted correctly with low-ping servers appearing at the top of the list.
- Fixed a problem where clients would sometimes experience unintentionally weak hits on the ball.
- The overall bandwidth consumption in online matches has been optimized. This should improve playability on hosts with poor upload capabilities.
- Placed a cap on each client's bandwidth usage.
- Added a “bad connection” icon to the HUD to indicate when connection to a host is faulty without obscuring the screen with a pop-up box.
- Red and blue ball trails will now always appear correctly for clients.
- The “Behind View” analog stick button now properly looks behind the car when in BallCam mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused the time to display “OT” at the end of the game, even when not actually in Overtime.
- The Standings menu now focuses on the same statistic when changing filters instead of resetting to “Wins” each time.
- The Standings menu now operates faster: Players may now scroll left and right to get to the category they want without waiting between each category.
- When the host leaves a team match, the opposing team will properly have a win added to their statistics.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused players who disconnect from a team match to report a loss for the wrong team, giving the winning team a loss.
- Fixed a bug in which quitting players teams' would sometimes not be included in the stats submission which would corrupt the entire match's statistics.
- Fixed a bug in which hosts who forfeit matches during replays would sometimes not write all stats and/or wins and losses for players in the match.
- Moved the Trophy registration and synchronization to a background process, no more “Registering Trophy Information” progress bar.
- Fixed a rare but unusually long delay at the end of an online match while saving icon was showing.
- Fixed the problems preventing saving profiles and saving replays simultaneously at the end of a match.
- Fixed several issues in Split-screen where the order of controller sign-in would prevent some players from playing.
- Fixed a bug in the layout of the start positions on Utopia.
- Turning VSync ON or OFF no longer affects car speed.
- In-game replays are no longer affected by a client leaving the game during the replay.
- Map voting with splitscreen players now properly places a vote for each splitscreen player.
- Cars will no longer reset to a new position between “Waiting for players” and the actual start of the match.
- The custom soundtrack feature will now resume the last song that was being played.
- The ball will no longer reappear after replays at the end of a match.
- Countdown sounds are now played in the lobby when the match is beginning.
- The match start countdown time in the lobbies has been increased.
- Fixed the French “News Unavailable” translation.
- Players that quit or disconnect will now properly appear in the “Players Met” list after the game.
- Adjusted the contrast on the in-game HUD to reduce the chance of burn-in on plasma televisions.
- The “Most Valuable Player” Award will once again be awarded to users playing the US version of the game.
- The ball will now properly reset to the center of the field in Overtime in all cases.
- The car suspension effects have been enabled in online matches. The player's car will now bounce on its suspensions just like in offline mode.