Sarpbc Ball cam needs to be fixed

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

Sarpbc Ball cam needs to be fixed

Postby LachinioRL on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Sometimes playing RL, makes me want to go back to my roots and play some sarp. My friends and I set up nights where we would play Sarp for the fun of it, but we noticed something that needed to be fixed ASAP. Since Rocket Leagues ball cam is perfect, - locks onto the ball - playing sarp, we noticed that the ball cam is utterly broken. It doesn't lock onto the ball, it sways back and forth when turning. Before the patch where the leaderboards were removed, the ball cam was fine. After the patch, it broke it. This isn't a patch that is just wanted, it is NEEDED. The game is no where near as good as it was with the ball cam being broken. This needs a fix please. I plan on streaming sarp soon, to show viewers what it was like. But its impossible with this ball cam. Thank you.
LachinioRL
Supersonic

PSN ID: Lachinio
Steam ID: Lachinio
Region: Both

Re: Sarpbc Ball cam needs to be fixed

Postby Midremit on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:06 am

LachinioRL wrote:Sometimes playing RL, makes me want to go back to my roots and play some sarp. My friends and I set up nights where we would play Sarp for the fun of it, but we noticed something that needed to be fixed ASAP. Since Rocket Leagues ball cam is perfect, - locks onto the ball - playing sarp, we noticed that the ball cam is utterly broken. It doesn't lock onto the ball, it sways back and forth when turning. Before the patch where the leaderboards were removed, the ball cam was fine. After the patch, it broke it. This isn't a patch that is just wanted, it is NEEDED. The game is no where near as good as it was with the ball cam being broken. This needs a fix please. I plan on streaming sarp soon, to show viewers what it was like. But its impossible with this ball cam. Thank you.

I continued playing sarpbc and never had any trouble with the use of the ball cam. Only thing that might be annoying is when the ball is right above you, you can't see shite. Don't really understand your complaint to be honest.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby TruSolja on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:21 am

I also noticed that the ball cam has been off for a while now, but didn't pinpoint it to the leaderboards patch.

I assumed that the perfect Rocket League cam spoiled me and ruined my perceptions of SARPBC ball cam.

I would like to see it fixed, but I do know Sony charged good money per PS3 patch. Perhaps it would still be feasible though!
Image Image Image Image
TruSolja

PSN ID: TruSolja
Steam ID: TruSolja
GamerTag: YourHolySavior
Region: US

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:39 pm

I have also noticed the ball cam being rather shit on sarpbc to be frank. However as Tru said, I just assumed this is how it always has been, and shows how much Psyonix has improved in developing the ball cam in RL.
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby Midremit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:44 am

Maybe I should play RL on my new pc to understand how bad the BC cam is :D
Although after reading your post I really noticed the swinging when turning fast, when you're at supersonic speed (sss). If you're not at sss the ball cam's fine.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 am

Midremit wrote:Maybe I should play RL on my new pc to understand how bad the BC cam is :D
Although after reading your post I really noticed the swinging when turning fast, when you're at supersonic speed (sss). If you're not at sss the ball cam's fine.

Unless you could play RL more often, I wouldn't, as it may ruin sarpbc for you. Makes the ball cam on sarpbc, and therefore the game itself very annoying. :lol:
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby Midremit on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 am

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote:
Midremit wrote:Maybe I should play RL on my new pc to understand how bad the BC cam is :D

Unless you could play RL more often, I wouldn't, as it may ruin sarpbc for you. Makes the ball cam on sarpbc, and therefore the game itself very annoying. :lol:

Thanks for the advice ^^
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:44 am

And I thought I was the only!

It is almost impossible for me now to play SARPBC. We should take Midremit's word for it since he plays SARPBC regularly and hasn't noticed any considerable changes. Strangely, the transition for me from SARPBC to RL was very smooth. I havn't played RL a lot, so my depth perception is still developing. However, when I tried to play SARPBC again, it seemed that I lost complete depth perception of the field (Urban). The best thing to do is to compare old footage that shows the ball cam (e.g. recorded streams) with new ones.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby The_deceased on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 pm

The_deceased wrote:And I thought I was the only!

It is almost impossible for me now to play SARPBC. We should take Midremit's word for it since he plays SARPBC regularly and hasn't noticed any considerable changes. Strangely, the transition for me from SARPBC to RL was very smooth. I havn't played RL a lot, so my depth perception is still developing. However, when I tried to play SARPBC again, it seemed that I lost complete depth perception of the field (Urban). The best thing to do is to compare old footage that shows the ball cam (e.g. recorded streams) with new ones.

Update: The ball cam is exactly the same as the way it was before! You will just have to re-acclimate to it.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby Phylush on Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

I bought sarpbc in December of 2015. I immediately noticed the differences between the cameras. I was so bad. :laugh: The ball cam in RL is perfect, and my controls are kind of wacky, so I have not played since. :| Midremit, have you played RL yet?
Phylush
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Phylush

Postby Midremit on Thu May 12, 2016 4:03 am

Phylush wrote:I bought sarpbc in December of 2015. I immediately noticed the differences between the cameras. I was so bad. :laugh: The ball cam in RL is perfect, and my controls are kind of wacky, so I have not played since. :| Midremit, have you played RL yet?

I haven't played the full game, no. But it isn't relevant on this topic, as it's about sarpbc's ball cam, which isn't different from before as was claimed by the OP.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Phylush on Tue May 17, 2016 12:55 pm

I was just curious. :)
Phylush
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Phylush

Postby Midremit on Sun May 22, 2016 6:27 am

Phylush wrote:I was just curious. :)

Heh no problem, just reread my earlier post and it comes across a bit harsh... Sorry for that ;)

As for RL, i'll probably buy it when I've got a proper desktop... which might be next year, or the year after that or never
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Return to General Discussion