The High Score Challenge!

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

Re: The High Score Challenge!

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote::roll:

Dost thou disagree?
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby aiden91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Snake, shut up.

No one cares for your theories here.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby Hot Koolaid on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:35 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:Just my 2 cents here:
I think the reason behind why Mike was so successful with Multi-Ball & 8-Ball (and even Colorblind) is because, for many years, he played without the use of any kind of ballcam, and instead relied on the Right Stick to track the ball. So, when stepping into those mini-games, nothing changed for him, and he played just as well there as he did in online play, whereas for other players who used toggle or hold, they had to move outside of their comfort zone and adjust to not using ballcam.
That alone could effectively decrease a player's intuitive skill & lower their chances of attaining a higher score against a non-ballcam user of the same skill.

Or he's just better than everyone else
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm

aiden91 wrote:Snake, shut up.

After years of many in-depth scientific experiments, I've discovered that nothing you say actually really matters. Go eat a penis.

Hot Koolaid wrote:Or he's just better than everyone else

That could be. But I'm more inclined to think his not using ball-cam was instrumental to achieving those scores.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Pretty sure sfex had a score of 76 on multiball before that and anyone who knows Sfex would know that he is a perma ballcam type sarpermon
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:58 pm

I still got 1! Lool, gonna go over a friends house later and try to beat some of those records! :P
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Devious-Dolphin
Region: US

Postby TheGreatGambit on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:I'm more inclined to think his not using ball-cam was instrumental to achieving those scores.

Except that to get scores like that you have to memorize the location of the balls and know what you're doing already.

Stop being so pretentious. Nobody is impressed.
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Gambit

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:I'm more inclined to think his not using ball-cam was instrumental to achieving those scores.

Except that to get scores like that you have to memorize the location of the balls and know what you're doing already.

Are you fucking kidding me!? Just another one to join the retard choir. So you too have joined that special members-only sarper's orgy where everyone sucks each other's weenies, eh? You're so pathetic!!

It's no secret you need to follow certain patterns, memorize ball locations, and be experienced in terms of making many attempts at the mini-game and having general sarp experience all at the same time. But, somehow, my giving out a theory, something which I hadn't given a whole lot of thought about, and that I would have loved to have discussed with other theory-minded sarpers to measure its actual impact on performance in mini-games, is instead mocked and interpreted as being pretentious! Fucking incredible! Mind-blowing!! I'm actually amazed you could come to such a conclusion the way you did.

Idiot.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Hot Koolaid on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
TheGreatGambit wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me!? Just another one to join the retard choir. So you too have joined that special members-only sarper's orgy where everyone sucks each other's weenies, eh? You're so pathetic!!

It's no secret you need to follow certain patterns, memorize ball locations, and be experienced in terms of making many attempts at the mini-game and having general sarp experience all at the same time. But, somehow, my giving out a theory, something which I hadn't given a whole lot of thought about, and that I would have loved to have discussed with other theory-minded sarpers to measure its actual impact on performance in mini-games, is instead mocked and interpreted as being pretentious! Fucking incredible! Mind-blowing!! I'm actually amazed you could come to such a conclusion the way you did.

Idiot.

The way you said it made it sound like an excuse as to why he has a high score, and you don't. Or at least that's the way I interpreted it, I may be wrong.
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:The way you said it made it sound like an excuse as to why he has a high score, and you don't. Or at least that's the way I interpreted it, I may be wrong.

Nope, all I literally wanted was to point out that idea. It makes sense in some ways, but of course, it isn't the sole reason for his fantastic score. It's just one element of the game.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby MikeJC on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:Or he's just better than everyone else

I think this is a fantastic theory, I really do.

Seriously though Snake, I reckon you're overthinking it a bit. It's not about the actual striking of the ball in those minigames, it's more about how to manoeuvre yourself quickly and efficiently. Ball-cam or not, any half-decent player should be able to pop in every single one of those shots fairly consistently. It's more about knowing what you're doing, and then achieving a near perfect run...It's almost like a race honestly, and racing games are definitely one of my strong suits. So uh, that might explain a thing or two.
MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: M1k3Rules

Postby TheGreatGambit on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm pretty sure you're a wizard. I've spent hours and couldn't figure it out.

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:pretentious! Fucking incredible! Mind-blowing!! I'm actually amazed you could come to such a conclusion the way you did.

Dost thou disagree?
TheGreatGambit

Steam ID: Gambit

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Snake, just because Pieman disagrees with you, does not really mean he is sucking the other's "weenies" :lol: . But I kind of agree with you. I mean, you should know where the ball is going before it goes there. If you rely on ball-cam, you will not predict where the ball will be, you will wait until you see it there most of the time. Whereas those that don't use it, they might already know where is will go and have a decent amount of a head start. Prove the haters wrong, not with aggression, but with sympathy and intelligence.
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Eriquo on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:Are you fucking kidding me!? Just another one to join the retard choir. So you too have joined that special members-only sarper's orgy where everyone sucks each other's weenies, eh? You're so pathetic!!

Common dude, only kids play the 'everyone sucks but me' card
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby oneill_clan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:38 am

Devious-Dolphin wrote:Snake, just because Pieman disagrees with you, does not really mean he is sucking the other's "weenies" :lol: . But I kind of agree with you. I mean, you should know where the ball is going before it goes there. If you rely on ball-cam, you will not predict where the ball will be, you will wait until you see it there most of the time. Whereas those that don't use it, they might already know where is will go and have a decent amount of a head start. Prove the haters wrong, not with aggression, but with sympathy and intelligence.

i disagree with the way your saying if you use ball cam you will wait until you see, a lot of the time i know where the ball is going and i just try create a position to approach, especially with aerials,i can aim way off where the ball is currently at but be bang on perfect when i get there and score. yes i imagine for people who dont use ball cam it would be a normal like thing, but if someone has played this game long enough they should be able to predict it just as well.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Postby IdleHacker on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 am

Debates are fine, but keep the personal attacks to PMs or off the forum
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. - Benjamin Franklin
Integrity has no need of rules. - Albert Camus

Helpful links - Rocket League FAQ - Forum Icon legend
IdleHacker
ARC Beta Tester
ARC Beta Tester

PSN ID: IdleHacker
Steam ID: jeff_carter

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
Devious-Dolphin wrote:Snake, just because Pieman disagrees with you, does not really mean he is sucking the other's "weenies" :lol: . But I kind of agree with you. I mean, you should know where the ball is going before it goes there. If you rely on ball-cam, you will not predict where the ball will be, you will wait until you see it there most of the time. Whereas those that don't use it, they might already know where is will go and have a decent amount of a head start. Prove the haters wrong, not with aggression, but with sympathy and intelligence.

i disagree with the way your saying if you use ball cam you will wait until you see, a lot of the time i know where the ball is going and i just try create a position to approach, especially with aerials,i can aim way off where the ball is currently at but be bang on perfect when i get there and score. yes i imagine for people who dont use ball cam it would be a normal like thing, but if someone has played this game long enough they should be able to predict it just as well.

That is why I said might :P But does it really matter? Haha
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby illusorius on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
aiden91 wrote:Snake, shut up.

After years of many in-depth scientific experiments, I've discovered that nothing you say actually really matters. Go eat a penis.
Lol^ :lol:
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: illusorius
Steam ID: illusorius
Region: Classified

Postby MikeJC on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:27 pm

All the posting in this thread reminded me that I actually have a few of these beaten from aaaaaages ago, lol. I'm not gonna bother posting some of the ones I have like a 53 on Sandstorm, because they're easily beaten. I think this one is pretty safe though -

MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby MikeJC on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 am

Double post... But for a good reason! Finally got around to playing these again, and I managed to break my old record. I rate it as one of the most difficult things I've done on this game.

MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion