OFFICIAL Community Montage 3 Release!

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

OFFICIAL Community Montage 3 Release!

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:38 pm

So here it is FINALLY what you have all been waiting for for a long time :mrgreen:

Community Montage 3

The Story behind the video:

So after CM2 was released by fyshokid i was in total awe, I was already creating little montages of my own but on that scale just blew me away! It caught my interest however because I wanted to see if i could make something on that scale. A few months later i released the video sending after discussions with fysho went well, A got sent lots and lots of videos it was almost overwhelming at some points.. Now a small 11 months and 21 days later has come the release of what is Officially Comunity Montage 3. Along that pathway was not easy, finding music was a issue that I came across frequently and a main reason it took so long to get finished. German members will notice it won't be view able for you guys due to copyright on 2 of the songs :cry: , but I will get it put onto Dropbox for you guys to see soon! As a whole my feeling on the whole video is a mix of joy and missed opportunity. I am happy that it turned out well with what I had to work with but at the same time I am also sad at the quality of some of the camera angles and lack of multiple angles in some clips. Also not in HD that is sad! Regardless though i learned a lot throughout my time editing this and have realized I really need a more powerful editor for such a big project..Thank you yet again for watching!

I want to give a special thanks to some people:

fyshokid & coolcole93 for helping me judge stages of editing.

Linkinboy/el-trickser & Devious-Dolphin for creating some awesome Sigs for people.

The community for help making this game so enjoyable!
Last edited by oneill_clan on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: OFFICIAL Community Montage 3 Release!

Postby Pureslayer on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Well done mate, im sure 35 mins worth of editing took the piss to complete. Some good editing at times. I thought it was going to be in HD?

Theres quite a few average goals from some top players that I am surprised to see on here but some very good ones too. I can only really enjoy team work goals and sweet flick ons when watching replays. I will miss this game.
Pureslayer
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Pureslayer
Steam ID: Jay7X

Postby xX_WAF-FLES_Xx on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Loved it. Great tribute to sarpbc.
ImageImage
xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Steam ID: Vafele
Region: Everywhere

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Pureslayer wrote:Well done mate, im sure 35 mins worth of editing took the piss to complete. Some good editing at times. I thought it was going to be in HD?

Theres quite a few average goals from some top players that I am surprised to see on here but some very good ones too. I can only really enjoy team work goals and sweet flick ons when watching replays. I will miss this game.

The original idea was to have it in hd, but i didn't get my pvr for like 2 months so there would have been about 100 edited clips non-hd which i felt would have obviously stood out throughout. some of those clips were also unable to be re-edited so it would have in general just looked messy so i decided to just stay away from hd
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby stevebills on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Only 34 minutes? pffft......

No seriously, you did an awesome job. Thank you for spending the time to edit this :D
thomo1888 wrote:I have a collection of anal beads

stevebills
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: PS4: Kronovi
Steam ID: Kronovi
Region: US

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I am in awe of all of you. :hail:
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Postby Fysho on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 am

Absolutely epic. Even five years on, I continue to be amazed by some of the goals scored in this game. Insane. Really nice editing too, with some good angles on most of the goals, although it's too bad it's not in HD. This is really great send-off of a great game though. With Rocket League lurking around the corner, it was nice to be able to look back at what started it all, and this montage really captured the spirit of the game. I especially loved the part at 25:30, with all the light fill et cetera. Just one of those moments where you kinda get stunned by awe.

Anyways, thanks for this, Oneill. Well done! :cheesygrin: +rep

Also, dat RL tease at the end.
Fysho

PSN ID: Fyshokid

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:22 am

stevebills wrote:Only 34 minutes? pffft......

No seriously, you did an awesome job. Thank you for spending the time to edit this :D

I am glad you liked it

Fysho wrote:Absolutely epic. Even five years on, I continue to be amazed by some of the goals scored in this game. Insane. Really nice editing too, with some good angles on most of the goals, although it's too bad it's not in HD. This is really great send-off of a great game though. With Rocket League lurking around the corner, it was nice to be able to look back at what started it all, and this montage really captured the spirit of the game. I especially loved the part at 25:30, with all the light fill et cetera. Just one of those moments where you kinda get stunned by awe.

Anyways, thanks for this, Oneill. Well done! :cheesygrin: +rep
Also, dat RL tease at the end.

I see that as a mark of approval! HORRAH HORRAH HORRAH! I am glad you enjoyed i though :) I was amazed watching back myself at some of the stuff people could pull off, Onto rocket league we will head! .....when beta arrives
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Psyonix-DunhamSmash on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 am

oneill_clan wrote:So here it is FINALLY what you have all been waiting for for a long time :mrgreen:

Community Montage 3

The Story behind the video:

So after CM2 was released by fyshokid i was in total awe, I was already creating little montages of my own but on that scale just blew me away! It caught my interest however because I wanted to see if i could make something on that scale. A few months later i released the video sending after discussions with fysho went well, A got sent lots and lots of videos it was almost overwhelming at some points.. Now a small 11 months and 21 days later has come the release of what is Officially Comunity Montage 3. Along that pathway was not easy, finding music was a issue that I came across frequently and a main reason it took so long to get finished. German members will notice it won't be view able for you guys due to copyright on 2 of the songs :cry: , but I will get it put onto Dropbox for you guys to see soon! As a whole my feeling on the whole video is a mix of joy and missed opportunity. I am happy that it turned out well with what I had to work with but at the same time I am also sad at the quality of some of the camera angles and lack of multiple angles in some clips. Also not in HD that is sad! Regardless though i learned a lot throughout my time editing this and have realized I really need a more powerful editor for such a big project..Thank you yet again for watching!

I want to give a special thanks to some people:

fyshokid & coolcole93 for helping me judge stages of editing.

Linkinboy/el-trickser & Devious-Dolphin for creating some awesome Sigs for people.

The community for help making this game so enjoyable!

We love this. Just added it to our Twitter and Facebook.

We are truly lucky to have you guys, thanks.
Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix
Twitter: @DunhamSmash
Psyonix-DunhamSmash
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: DunhamSmash
Steam ID: DunhamSmash

Postby Fenrir12 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am

Great job Oneil. Found myself watching it all even though I said I wasn't going to. Following through on any solo project that's been going as long as this has for you is always a battle, but you came through and that's meaningful.
Let's hope rocket league can bring us all as good times as these.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby MikeJC on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 am

1:53 is such a good goal. I almost feel like you have to be a player to appreciate it because it doesn't look as flashy as some of the others

Congrats on finishing the video anyway Chris, you must be relieved it's all done with...I know I would be.
MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: M1k3Rules

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:43 am

Psyonix-DunhamSmash wrote:
We love this. Just added it to our Twitter and Facebook.

We are truly lucky to have you guys, thanks.

Totally blew me away when i noticed it on twitter before seeing this post! Honestly made my day & made all the effort put into it worth it. I felt like a little kid who had just seen his idol i was jumping about happy as hell! I truly truly appreciate it.

Fenrir12 wrote:Great job Oneil. Found myself watching it all even though I said I wasn't going to. Following through on any solo project that's been going as long as this has for you is always a battle, but you came through and that's meaningful.
Let's hope rocket league can bring us all as good times as these.

Haha i am glad that it kept you interested enough to watch it through! And agreed may Rocket League bring joy above and beyond!

MikeJC wrote:1:53 is such a good goal. I almost feel like you have to be a player to appreciate it because it doesn't look as flashy as some of the others

Congrats on finishing the video anyway Chris, you must be relieved it's all done with...I know I would be.

ikr, In honestly majority of stuff people pulled off in this video i probably couldn't do haha In the end its a relief but something to be proud about :mrgreen:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby coolcole93 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 am

I'm about 15 minutes in now and thoroughly enjoying it. Just a quick post to say that one of my goals is just a tap-in. I know I dropped off at the end of the game's life but I can't believe I'd send you that as a replay :lol: Anyway, I'll carry on now and give some proper feedback when it's done :D
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby Ryan094 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 am

Awesome montage man! This must have taken a huuuuuuge amount of time to make, so kudos for that. It made me sad though. It's like the end of the SARPBC era. Hopefully the Rocket League era will be even better and we can all make many more montages in the future! :cheesygrin:
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee

Postby coolcole93 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:59 am

Brilliant goals and mine, brilliant saves and brilliant editing that seemed to get more and more accomplished as the video went along. It's incredible that a game so old was able to capture my attention for a solid half hour. It's (yet another) testament to both the game Psyonix created and the skill and passion of the community that it still holds up so well.

Not just anyone can make a video this long remain so consistent throughout, Oneill. My original was only about 7 minutes long and you can tell I lost patience at the end :laugh: So you should be very proud of what you've created, and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future - probably starting with the Rocket League beta. You're a bastard for those end credits though! Made me sad :( However, the very final frame - the still of RL - was a stroke of genius. Psyonix, huge pressure on Rocket League! If it's half as good as SARPBC in its prime then I'll be happy. If it's even better then I can't see myself every wanting to play anything else.

And as for my favourite goal? Midremit's double aerial off the wall was fantastic. That would be my pick.
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby Nurpuk on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 am

Good work, editing is very good and I can not imagine how much time you have taken. :lol:
This is epic.

PD: What software did you use to edit the video?
Nurpuk
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Nurpuk
Steam ID: Nurpuk

Postby Szirokko on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:57 am

Oneill!!

Thanx for that video, a monument! I was really looking forward to this and was successfully determined not to be pushy over the last months... and now it's there and I'm flabbergasted (again, again, again) at what some of these players can pull off! I was sure, at the time, that some of the scenes I sent to you, back in 2013, were really good. Now I'm almost ashamed seeing them next to the fancy stuff you set in scene so well. I wish I could have back my thumbs and hand-eye co-ordination from 20 years ago. But then again: The attitude of SARPBC-players is (mostly) very nice, the game is extremely enduring (although connectivity is still a regular annoyance), my best mate and I love to play it... and so I'm still at it, after five years (more than I spent on any other game, anywhere, ever). So: Congrats, Oneill! Being a media man, I know exactly the effort it takes to put together something like that, and solo, too! That is a huge effort! For game-related gallantry and self-sacrifice you should be awarded the Supersonic Cross!

Even though I do not often post here, I am aware of an unusually smart, ironic, eloquent community and really appreciate browsing through your posts, guys! (Or is there even one lady around SARPBC?) I hope that you, and Psyonix, and the (I don't doubt) legions of by then newly arrived fanatics will make RL a real hit!

See you on the field!
S.
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby el-trickser on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 am

well done oneill
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 am

coolcole93 wrote:I'm about 15 minutes in now and thoroughly enjoying it. Just a quick post to say that one of my goals is just a tap-in. I know I dropped off at the end of the game's life but I can't believe I'd send you that as a replay :lol: Anyway, I'll carry on now and give some proper feedback when it's done :D

I was going to add your audio in but i just couldnt haha...was sooo wrong :lol: :lol: alsi im glad you and everyone else who has commented liked it :) :yaypsyonix:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:42 am

Nurpuk wrote:Good work, editing is very good and I can not imagine how much time you have taken. :lol:
This is epic.

PD: What software did you use to edit the video?

I used Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0. It is good for smaller projects but for this i think it was a little underpowered. some stuff was pretty limited for me to do
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Next

Return to General Discussion