The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: Battle-Cars 2

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:30 pm

LiquidMetal14 wrote:Guys, if you want to argue and flesh these things out, I suggest going to another thread or talk it out on PS3 or via PM. I am kind of looking for more on topic discussion but good luck solving your issues.


iv already let fen know and asked him if he can move the comments to the tournament thread where they should be.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Battle-Cars 2

Postby Ryan094 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
User avatar
Captain Sparkle
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: England
PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee
Region: EU

Re: Battle-Cars 2

Postby dappydooda on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:59 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
dappydooda wrote:Chris's a pretty big fan of over complicating things until they don't work anymore. (Refer to battle scars) He might also just decide himself he's going to take over the entire production of sarpbc 2 (refer to battle scars). He might smell (refer to morning routine).

:cheesygrin:


that tournament that actually got finished wow it completely didnt work, not to mention the 2v2 knockout is about to be done on time too wow that didnt work either. and there needed leadership and i knew for a fact you and mye werent up to the task fen also knew that ,you just wanting to provide a helping hand with something that you weren't even needed for because you just wanted a tournament to be in, it is funny once you and mye left things became nice and smooth and things got implemented fine with no hassle, except the obvious ace just moaning when he pleased, also no need to bring this up dappy pretty pathetic imo, i took charge of something that had no leadership, id never run a tournament before yet it finished successfully, i implemented things that made stats more in-depth not confusing, and i smell awesome in the morning 8-)

It was quite rubbish and most agree. I still doubt you smell awesome in the morning. I better give you a sniff.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Scotland
PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy
Region: Both

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Hot Koolaid on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Congrats to The Abortion Survivalists, and thank you to the organizers. Is Battle Scars officially over now or is something happening in October?
Image
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:Congrats to The Abortion Survivalists, and thank you to the organizers. Is Battle Scars officially over now or is something happening in October?


Battle scars is over yes, now its mike turn to take back what he had started and he has changed it into reincarnation but it isnt linked with battle cars now in any way
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Fenrir12 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 am

Yep, thanks to Chris for finishing off Mike's tournament. Lots of temp replacement team members never makes for a good tournament, but given that the sarpbc community was as true to form as it's ever been it's good that it at least had a final. Like I've said before, a lot of problems would be solved if you could improve your communication.
Whether you did or didn't enjoy the organisation or the rules, its still worth realising that its another person that sunk time into running something for the community, and not bitching about it like kids after it finished.
Image
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 am
Location: Southampton, UK
PSN ID: Fenrir12
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby aiden91 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:10 am

Well done Chris for finishing it.

I'd really look over this if you do plan on running another one, a lot of mistakes were made and need to be addressed.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Aceofspades on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 am

aiden91 wrote:Well done Chris for finishing it.

I'd really look over this if you do plan on running another one, a lot of mistakes were made and need to be addressed.

ARE YOU ACTUALLY GONNA PLAY THE TOURNAMENT!?
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: I live in the afterlife
PSN ID: Champagne Papi
Region: US & EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am

Aceofspades wrote:
aiden91 wrote:Well done Chris for finishing it.

I'd really look over this if you do plan on running another one, a lot of mistakes were made and need to be addressed.

ARE YOU ACTUALLY GONNA PLAY THE TOURNAMENT!?


Its fine ace just leave them be, cant please everyone, or anyone with a tournament here anymore.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby aiden91 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
Aceofspades wrote:
aiden91 wrote:Well done Chris for finishing it.

I'd really look over this if you do plan on running another one, a lot of mistakes were made and need to be addressed.

ARE YOU ACTUALLY GONNA PLAY THE TOURNAMENT!?


Its fine ace just leave them be, cant please everyone, or anyone with a tournament here anymore.


If a tournament is fun, well run and decent players are in it, i'd be interested.

This, in no other terms, was a shambles. But it's not all Chris's fault, he could have just dealt with it better.

I was actually being sincere when i said well done on getting it finished, by the way. But i wouldn't be bragging about getting it finished, it didn't even start.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Fenrir12 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:08 pm

You bring up an interesting point in saying fun. I'm not sure what people have in mind when they join tournaments, but they're only the game you normally play with an outside competitive structure. So if you have fun playing SARPBC, which all of us can say (otherwise we wouldn't be here), you should have fun competing at SARPBC. I remember Cougar (a person who's opinion I take onboard) said that Battle Scars was too stressful and he felt under pressure to play games. But I can't really understand that at all. In the managerial system all players had to do was play games as usual, against a non-specific group of players. Managers dealt with the admin, players just played. There was no 'pressure to play games' because they should just have been going about their normal business.

Unless it's the act of competing that adds a level of pressure that isn't fun, but then thats a personal hangup of the player involved. I dont really think an organiser has to make any considerations as to the level of fun of the tournament, either you find competing against each other fun, or you dont. The only reason it ever starts to be a grind is when people stop playing the game, which is fun.

I think the majority of people here enjoy the idea of tournaments (winning, respect, something meaningful to do) more than they enjoy actually playing in tournaments (reliability, sportsmanship, competition).
Image
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 am
Location: Southampton, UK
PSN ID: Fenrir12
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby aiden91 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Fenrir12 wrote:You bring up an interesting point in saying fun. I'm not sure what people have in mind when they join tournaments, but they're only the game you normally play with an outside competitive structure. So if you have fun playing SARPBC, which all of us can say (otherwise we wouldn't be here), you should have fun competing at SARPBC. I remember Cougar (a person who's opinion I take onboard) said that Battle Scars was too stressful and he felt under pressure to play games. But I can't really understand that at all. In the managerial system all players had to do was play games as usual, against a non-specific group of players. Managers dealt with the admin, players just played. There was no 'pressure to play games' because they should just have been going about their normal business.

Unless it's the act of competing that adds a level of pressure that isn't fun, but then thats a personal hangup of the player involved. I dont really think an organiser has to make any considerations as to the level of fun of the tournament, either you find competing against each other fun, or you dont. The only reason it ever starts to be a grind is when people stop playing the game, which is fun.

I think the majority of people here enjoy the idea of tournaments (winning, respect, something meaningful to do) more than they enjoy actually playing in tournaments (reliability, sportsmanship, competition).


Fun for me is actually playing with people i like, not people that have been found just to make up numbers. Competition is what is fun, meaning you have to play people of a similar ability. This is why The Byte was one of the best tournaments ever, it gave people a chance to be the best of the rest, as well as finding out who was the best player around.

What this tournament, and the ladder has done is throw anyone in, people getting beat by 20 goals in some games.
And letting DLA back in, 3 times. Really? we know him by now.

I had said to Chris that the ladder was going to fail, because it was just Mye and Dap running away with it. But was i listened to? no. Only for a week later for it to fail apart.

And lets not even get started on whatever this was suppose to be.
Hopefully the community can be redeemed by mikes tournament, i'm sure it'll be a great success.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 pm

aiden91 wrote:
Fenrir12 wrote:You bring up an interesting point in saying fun. I'm not sure what people have in mind when they join tournaments, but they're only the game you normally play with an outside competitive structure. So if you have fun playing SARPBC, which all of us can say (otherwise we wouldn't be here), you should have fun competing at SARPBC. I remember Cougar (a person who's opinion I take onboard) said that Battle Scars was too stressful and he felt under pressure to play games. But I can't really understand that at all. In the managerial system all players had to do was play games as usual, against a non-specific group of players. Managers dealt with the admin, players just played. There was no 'pressure to play games' because they should just have been going about their normal business.

Unless it's the act of competing that adds a level of pressure that isn't fun, but then thats a personal hangup of the player involved. I dont really think an organiser has to make any considerations as to the level of fun of the tournament, either you find competing against each other fun, or you dont. The only reason it ever starts to be a grind is when people stop playing the game, which is fun.

I think the majority of people here enjoy the idea of tournaments (winning, respect, something meaningful to do) more than they enjoy actually playing in tournaments (reliability, sportsmanship, competition).


Fun for me is actually playing with people i like, not people that have been found just to make up numbers. Competition is what is fun, meaning you have to play people of a similar ability. This is why The Byte was one of the best tournaments ever, it gave people a chance to be the best of the rest, as well as finding out who was the best player around.

What this tournament, and the ladder has done is throw anyone in, people getting beat by 20 goals in some games.
And letting DLA back in, 3 times. Really? we know him by now.

I had said to Chris that the ladder was going to fail, because it was just Mye and Dap running away with it. But was i listened to? no. Only for a week later for it to fail apart.

And lets not even get started on whatever this was suppose to be.
Hopefully the community can be redeemed by mikes tournament, i'm sure it'll be a great success.


I really don't see why having people like the french or people in jedward chat in a tournament are a problem. sarpbc isn't confined to the threads of this forums, yeah we come on here a lot and they dont but so what? there more than just people within this forum that play and like to be competitive, so i went and asked people in chats and through pms etc to get numbers up yes, what so its my fault for involving the sarpbc community outside the regulars? hey look at mikes tournament that's got people who are there to basically make numbers, because he is being ambitious. and it looks to have paid off, but time will tell? people need to be bothered to put the effort in and like fenrir has said for years this community doesn't have it in them to attempt to finish a tournament themselves, they need nagging they need people to be strict or else it'l never get done. (prove me wrong & finish mikes without being hussled along)

now i have admitted several times that i am partially to blame for how it ended up in the ladder, i could have been more clear, made instructions earlier than i did, but the fact is i decided to help pick up a tournament that was left for shit, by mike funnily enough, and he has apologised and i accept his apology and funnily enough he is one of very few to be thankful for it. but as soon as picking it up it was quickly apparent as fenrir pointed out that mye wasn't up to it nor was dappy, they just wanted a tournament to play in and to help out mike, people just love pointing fingers on this forums. but i was the only one who actually stuck by dragging the tournament along, if i was going to do it i was going to finish it. i didn't force mye and dappy out the fact is they just got lazy, mye wasn't on for several days (work) so things where miles behind so i took charge of things for time being, then whenever mye came on he would be like i cba doing it or do you want to do it again and il do it next time, then he just disappeared and didn't want to run it, so i picked up from mike and then from mye and then dappy posted 1 thing in the results thread that would have started an argument so i asked him to delete it, so he quit ( probably because mye quit tbh )

and aiden what if mye and dappy ran away with it? im not going to ban them from playing in it just because they play and win. its upto others to raise there game or at least have 1 or 2 shock defeats, thats what competitions all about beating the best or at least giving them a run for their money. and with the dla thing he hasn't actually cheated in a tournament. and it being my first tournament i wanted to give him the chances, and i did and it didnt work, aw well im not going to dwell on it and hate myself because one guy gets angry and rage quits thats just how he is.

I do wish mike the best of luck with this tournament, hopefully people actually make the effort.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Always the same excuse, saying we left because we were lazy etc, it was your attitude along with too much complications.

And of course I didn't want to work even more once i've just come home from work in the evening only to go back in the morning, (i know this is the norm for most people my age) but the last thing i'd personally want to do is work.

If i remember correctly I only offered to help with the tasks that fen posted, not the whole tourn lol.

But nonetheless this 2v2 tourn was finished but it literally had no meaning. I enjoyed snakes 2v2 tourn even though it took 5-6months more because it was done much better and only got more interesting as it got closer to the end. Snake was also not a jerk while running it.

The reserve and switching partners just killed it all and the general pretisge a tournament has. Imagine if fen replaced 4 out of the 7 people in the Byte, how stupid would that have been,.

As for tournament activity i think i've shown that i can complete and organise games in tournaments that mean something

It's done now, So chris, just leave it yeah.
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Always the same excuse, saying we left because we were lazy etc, it was your attitude along with too much complications.

And of course I didn't want to work even more once i've just come home from work in the evening only to go back in the morning, (i know this is the norm for most people my age) but the last thing i'd personally want to do is work.

If i remember correctly I only offered to help with the tasks that fen posted, not the whole tourn lol.

But nonetheless this 2v2 tourn was finished but it literally had no meaning. I enjoyed snakes 2v2 tourn even though it took 5-6months more because it was done much better and only got more interesting as it got closer to the end. Snake was also not a jerk while running it.

The reserve and switching partners just killed it all and the general pretisge a tournament has. Imagine if fen replaced 4 out of the 7 people in the Byte, how stupid would that have been,.

As for tournament activity i think i've shown that i can complete and organise games in tournaments that mean something

It's done now, So chris, just leave it yeah.


you cant really compare the byte to now, people back then actually wanted to play not join then just quit
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby aiden91 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm

In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times, and no one ever sent me anything to help out with.

And the ladder needed something different, different challenges to keep people entertained, and a chance to actually beat dappy or Mye.

Look, we've all learned from it, some people should never be let in tournaments. Others you'll always have to push along to get finished.
Sub'ing in players is definitely not the way to finish tournaments, deadlines is.

Communication is also vital, Rules need to be clear from the start and not just adjusted mid-way through.

I'd be happy to work with either of you in the future, But the most important part is actually listening to others.
We're a community after all, everyones here to help.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm

aiden91 wrote:In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times, and no one ever sent me anything to help out with.

And the ladder needed something different, different challenges to keep people entertained, and a chance to actually beat dappy or Mye.

Look, we've all learned from it, some people should never be let in tournaments. Others you'll always have to push along to get finished.
Sub'ing in players is definitely not the way to finish tournaments, deadlines is.

Communication is also vital, Rules need to be clear from the start and not just adjusted mid-way through.

I'd be happy to work with either of you in the future, But the most important part is actually listening to others.
We're a community after all, everyones here to help.


yeah this. and just to say deadlines would never have been reached reason why people got subbed
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:11 pm

aiden91 wrote:In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times, and no one ever sent me anything to help out with.

And the ladder needed something different, different challenges to keep people entertained, and a chance to actually beat dappy or Mye.

Look, we've all learned from it, some people should never be let in tournaments. Others you'll always have to push along to get finished.
Sub'ing in players is definitely not the way to finish tournaments, deadlines is.

Communication is also vital, Rules need to be clear from the start and not just adjusted mid-way through.

I'd be happy to work with either of you in the future, But the most important part is actually listening to others.
We're a community after all, everyones here to help.


Lol aiden has a nice side :lol:
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Ryan094 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:20 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
aiden91 wrote:In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times, and no one ever sent me anything to help out with.

And the ladder needed something different, different challenges to keep people entertained, and a chance to actually beat dappy or Mye.

Look, we've all learned from it, some people should never be let in tournaments. Others you'll always have to push along to get finished.
Sub'ing in players is definitely not the way to finish tournaments, deadlines is.

Communication is also vital, Rules need to be clear from the start and not just adjusted mid-way through.

I'd be happy to work with either of you in the future, But the most important part is actually listening to others.
We're a community after all, everyones here to help.


yeah this. and just to say deadlines would never have been reached reason why people got subbed

Yeah I'm with oneill on this one. The problem with this tournament is that it had to be completed by the end of August, which was always going to be near impossible. It was pretty much a lost cause from the beginning, and honestly I don't think oneill could have done much. Sure he may have been able to handle things better, but no matter what he did, the tournament would have been pretty unsuccessful either way. If oneill didn't sub anyone in, then we'd still be in the quarter finals and the tournament would've just had to end then and there, and that's just silly. But of course, subbing players isn't the way to go.

Thinking about it right now, I have no idea what I would have done in oneill's situation. Even when he announced deadlines, loads of people still missed them. I do believe, however, that the more well-known and respected players there are in a tournament, the more likely matches would get played. Just look at the chat, unranked matches are played all the time, and it's typically between the same players. But then there's the dilemma of not allowing someone just because we don't know if they're dependable or not, and then the tournament itself becomes a bit meaningless because it's quite segregated.

This gives me an idea actually. We should really have some sort of tourney rep system. It's probably a wee bit late now (maybe for SARPBC 2?) but if on the forums, the leader of tournaments can add reputation points to players for different reasons (such as completing matches on time, being courteous, reliable etc.) then you can see exactly how reliable people are in playing in tournaments. It'd probably subconsciously cause players to want to play their matches on time in order to gain rep.

Just a thought.
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
User avatar
Captain Sparkle
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: England
PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee
Region: EU

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby Aceofspades on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 pm

aiden91 wrote:In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times.

Come on Aiden lets be honest.

Who would want you to help with anything?
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: I live in the afterlife
PSN ID: Champagne Papi
Region: US & EU

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests