The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: The Champions Trophy - Beef Burger Are Champions!!

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

Ryan094 wrote:Yeah I'm with oneill on this one. The problem with this tournament is that it had to be completed by the end of August, which was always going to be near impossible. It was pretty much a lost cause from the beginning, and honestly I don't think oneill could have done much. Sure he may have been able to handle things better, but no matter what he did, the tournament would have been pretty unsuccessful either way. If oneill didn't sub anyone in, then we'd still be in the quarter finals and the tournament would've just had to end then and there, and that's just silly. But of course, subbing players isn't the way to go.

Thinking about it right now, I have no idea what I would have done in oneill's situation. Even when he announced deadlines, loads of people still missed them. I do believe, however, that the more well-known and respected players there are in a tournament, the more likely matches would get played. Just look at the chat, unranked matches are played all the time, and it's typically between the same players. But then there's the dilemma of not allowing someone just because we don't know if they're dependable or not, and then the tournament itself becomes a bit meaningless because it's quite segregated.

This gives me an idea actually. We should really have some sort of tourney rep system. It's probably a wee bit late now (maybe for SARPBC 2?) but if on the forums, the leader of tournaments can add reputation points to players for different reasons (such as completing matches on time, being courteous, reliable etc.) then you can see exactly how reliable people are in playing in tournaments. It'd probably subconsciously cause players to want to play their matches on time in order to gain rep.

Just a thought.

#This rep systems a really good idea, although there will be loads of tournaments made remember, and some of those leaders might not use that system properly and just hand out point here there and everywhere, so a problem that would occur with this is every tournament would need the same one or two people over watching the leader to make sure he is handing out rep fairly
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Postby Ryan094 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 am

oneill_clan wrote:
Ryan094 wrote:Yeah I'm with oneill on this one. The problem with this tournament is that it had to be completed by the end of August, which was always going to be near impossible. It was pretty much a lost cause from the beginning, and honestly I don't think oneill could have done much. Sure he may have been able to handle things better, but no matter what he did, the tournament would have been pretty unsuccessful either way. If oneill didn't sub anyone in, then we'd still be in the quarter finals and the tournament would've just had to end then and there, and that's just silly. But of course, subbing players isn't the way to go.

Thinking about it right now, I have no idea what I would have done in oneill's situation. Even when he announced deadlines, loads of people still missed them. I do believe, however, that the more well-known and respected players there are in a tournament, the more likely matches would get played. Just look at the chat, unranked matches are played all the time, and it's typically between the same players. But then there's the dilemma of not allowing someone just because we don't know if they're dependable or not, and then the tournament itself becomes a bit meaningless because it's quite segregated.

This gives me an idea actually. We should really have some sort of tourney rep system. It's probably a wee bit late now (maybe for SARPBC 2?) but if on the forums, the leader of tournaments can add reputation points to players for different reasons (such as completing matches on time, being courteous, reliable etc.) then you can see exactly how reliable people are in playing in tournaments. It'd probably subconsciously cause players to want to play their matches on time in order to gain rep.

Just a thought.

#This rep systems a really good idea, although there will be loads of tournaments made remember, and some of those leaders might not use that system properly and just hand out point here there and everywhere, so a problem that would occur with this is every tournament would need the same one or two people over watching the leader to make sure he is handing out rep fairly

Just give moderators access to change reps and no one else. Looking through posts in a tournament thread, you can clearly see who the most reliable people were.
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 am

Ryan094 wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:

Just a thought.

Just give moderators access to change reps and no one else. Looking through posts in a tournament thread, you can clearly see who the most reliable people were.

could have rep mods :twisted:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby Fenrir12 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 am

When I was running them regularly I kept a blacklist, but I dont know that I have the file anywhere on my new PC, or if it would even be relevant now. I basically just go on what I can remember, which is a terrible idea for me and my memory. I can't even remember how DLA was a pain, but I'm sure he's done it in at least two tournaments of mine. Something something will-allen, the rest is a blur.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby aiden91 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:58 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:
aiden91 wrote:In fairness i offered to help at least 5-6 times, and no one ever sent me anything to help out with.

And the ladder needed something different, different challenges to keep people entertained, and a chance to actually beat dappy or Mye.

Look, we've all learned from it, some people should never be let in tournaments. Others you'll always have to push along to get finished.
Sub'ing in players is definitely not the way to finish tournaments, deadlines is.

Communication is also vital, Rules need to be clear from the start and not just adjusted mid-way through.

I'd be happy to work with either of you in the future, But the most important part is actually listening to others.
We're a community after all, everyones here to help.

Lol aiden has a nice side :lol:

I'm always nice, really.
Just people seem to take everything i say up wrong.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Previous

Return to Tournaments and Challenges