Reincarnation: Relentless Reign Supreme

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: Reincarnation: Relentless Reign Supreme

Postby The_deceased on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:16 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:nice avatar Death :lol:

!

aiden91 wrote:your prize is getting to finish a tournament.

very rare around here.

Aiden has spoken! No more prizes.

Anyway, I decided to give prizes to third place, considering that it will be quite a while before someone manages to complete a 2v2 tourney (facebook excluded :tongue: ). Will get down to business once the tournament comes to a successful conclusion.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby illusorius on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am

Yay :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin:
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: illusorius
Steam ID: illusorius
Region: Classified

Postby aiden91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am

The_deceased wrote:

Anyway, I decided to give prizes to third place, considering that it will be quite a while before someone manages to complete a 2v2 tourney (facebook excluded :tongue: ). Will get down to business once the tournament comes to a successful conclusion.

Why third place? why not second?

Seems a strange decision. never understood why people get rewarded for winning a 3rd/4th place game, you may as well come last.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby illusorius on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 am

aiden91 wrote:
The_deceased wrote:

Why third place? why not second?

Seems a strange decision. never understood why people get rewarded for winning a 3rd/4th place game, you may as well come last.

BECAUSSSSSSSSEEEE stop asking why lol.
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby xX_WAF-FLES_Xx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am

There was no 2nd place final though....theres just 1st place final, and bronze final.
ImageImage
xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Steam ID: Vafele
Region: Everywhere

Postby aiden91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 am

xX_WAF-FLES_Xx wrote:There was no 2nd place final though....theres just 1st place final, and bronze final.

are you being serious? a 2nd place final?

do you dress yourself in the morning or just fall into a bunch of clothes and see what stays on?
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 am

aiden91 wrote:
xX_WAF-FLES_Xx wrote:There was no 2nd place final though....theres just 1st place final, and bronze final.

do you dress yourself in the morning or just fall into a bunch of clothes and see what stays on?

tbf he did say their was no 2nd place final.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Postby aiden91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:20 am

oneill_clan wrote:
aiden91 wrote:

tbf he did say their was no 2nd place final.

am i missing something? why would there be a second place final? the loser of the final comes second. common sense.

second is better than third. yes?

no prize for second but one for third. Makes sense i suppose. :| :roll:
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 am

I'm extremely positive that deceased will hand out a second place prize. I'm sure what he meant by his statement was that he will include a third place prize along with a first & second. He never said specifically, "I will hand out a second place prize," because once he said he'd hand out a third, he figured people would fill in the blank and say, "Oh, he must be rewarding a 2nd as well"

I mean, there's just no way someone could reward third & not second....

....Right?
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby xX_WAF-FLES_Xx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 am

Haha, ya ik it was a weird way to word it. All i meant was that the two finals were for first and third, u have to win in the bronze final to get third, to get second u have to lose the final. Although, it is an accomplishment to make it to the final in itself, so imo there should be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
ImageImage
xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Steam ID: Vafele
Region: Everywhere

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:I'm extremely positive that deceased will hand out a second place prize. I'm sure what he meant by his statement was that he will include a third place prize along with a first & second. He never said specifically, "I will hand out a second place prize," because once he said he'd hand out a third, he figured people would fill in the blank and say, "Oh, he must be rewarding a 2nd as well"

I mean, there's just no way someone could reward third & not second....

....Right?

Left. But Srisley He should get prizes for everyone!! sarpbc keyrings for everyone haha
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby aiden91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 am

i think Deceased shouldn't give prizes to anyone. Why is it his job for prizes to people who need a prize or reward to play a game?

Deceased does not need to give prizes, so have some thanks, he doesn't need to give one to 1st,2nd and 3rd.
Hes already done enough by giving prizes away in a previous tournament.

and with that, i've had enough of talking about losers of a tournament being rewarded. stupidity.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby Fenrir12 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 am

Obviously this is Deceased's choice, but it seems a little OTT to reward 2nd and 3rd place team in a tournament where perhaps only 4 or 5 teams took it seriously. Prizes should reflect the difficulty of the matches the winner had to play. If super-generous people like Dec reward tournaments like this with actual prizes when theres a more active community again for SARPBC 2, it will be harder for active competitive tournaments to seem relevant.

But maybe Dec was super enthusiastic about this one being the last tournament for SARPBC 1.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby illusorius on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 pm

aiden91 wrote:i think Deceased shouldn't give prizes to anyone. Why is it his job for prizes to people who need a prize or reward to play a game?

Deceased does not need to give prizes, so have some thanks, he doesn't need to give one to 1st,2nd and 3rd.

and with that, i've had enough of talking about losers of a tournament being rewarded. stupidity.

Umm? i have a question are you Dec? No. Do you decide for him? No. Is it his choice? Yes. So can you please stop saying he shouldn't give prizes because if my team wins i would like a prize for all those games i played and its Decs choice not yours.
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm

illusorius wrote:
aiden91 wrote:i think Deceased shouldn't give prizes to anyone. Why is it his job for prizes to people who need a prize or reward to play a game?

Umm? i have a question are you Dec? No. Do you decide for him? No. Is it his choice? Yes. So can you please stop saying he shouldn't give prizes because if my team wins i would like a prize for all those games i played and its Decs choice not yours.

the point aiden is trying to make (i think) is that you didn't win yet still getting a prize.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby aiden91 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:24 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
illusorius wrote:Umm? i have a question are you Dec? No. Do you decide for him? No. Is it his choice? Yes. So can you please stop saying he shouldn't give prizes because if my team wins i would like a prize for all those games i played and its Decs choice not yours.

the point aiden is trying to make (i think) is that you didn't win yet still getting a prize.

Exactly. There were very few teams in it to start with. And if little brats like illu are the ones potentially receiving the prizes i don't see the point, he has no respect for deceased, he only wants what he can get for free.

It's not up to me, its deceased decision at the end of the day. I'm just impressed that someone cares enough to offer their own money to a bunch of,well, absolute wankers.

+1 for deceased.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 pm

aiden91 wrote:I'm just impressed that someone cares enough to offer their own money to a bunch of,well, absolute wankers.

aw man, i'd love to spend a day with you i think it would be absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Hot Koolaid on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:12 pm

I know I sure as hell wouldn't be giving out prizes, I think that as a community are so lucky to have someone like dec that's generous enough to even give out a prize in the first place. I know I for one would hate to make him feel obligated to donate more prizes to the 3rd place team after already giving one to the top team, it just comes across as ungrateful and greedy.
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:44 pm

I can see why you lot are saying that 3rd place do not deserves a prize. Ill and Waffles current have played 3 lost 2 and won 1. In most tournaments that record would get you nowhere near a prize. :lol:
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby illusorius on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
illusorius wrote:

No actually he said for 3rd place no one has won yet and he didn't say my name. He just said for 3rd place And how is that saying my name?
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges