Battle Scars - (July) [Live]

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: Battle Scars - (July) [Live]

Postby Ryan094 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:35 am

oneill_clan wrote:
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:yes its because most players have eu and it will just cause loads of hassle, and because iv already named the teams a specific way for a reason.

I want my team name, or I quit. That is just taking it too far now. :frown:

whatever have your stupid name

Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee
Region: EU

Postby Eriquo on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 am

Looks like oneil drank some Power Surge if you know what I mean. (Inb4 I'm kicked out of the tournament and my ps3 is confiscated).
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 am

Screew thiss tourn. It'lll justt be scott nn ryyan enteriing.
:lol:

I'll usr tthat naame in mikees toourn 8-)
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Screew thiss tourn. It'lll justt be scott nn ryyan enteriing.
:lol:

I'll usr tthat naame in mikees toourn 8-)

no problem.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby Hot Koolaid on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 am

This is ridiculous, people are getting upset about the stupidest little detail after someone spent many hours of his own life organizing this tournament without asking for anything in return. Grow up and play the tournament.
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 am

Hot Koolaid wrote:This is ridiculous, people are getting upset about the stupidest little detail after someone spent many hours of his own life organizing this tournament without asking for anything in return. Grow up and play the tournament.

nah its alright, if people want to be difficult just let them, i had team names for a reason that would be interesting when people saw them but now il just do whatever crap people want.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am

I don't care, who would want to go to a party if the host is just annoying everyone, no matter how much time they spend on preparing it.

Being a host for any big occasion needs good leadership qualities or it will not run smoothly. I think this is the first tournament i've ever been in where the host drives people to leave (aiden doesnt count)

If you want respect, you gotta give respect.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

Postby Aceofspades on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am

No 1 man should have all that power.
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Champagne Papi
Region: US & EU

Postby Aceofspades on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:13 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:I don't care, who would want to go to a party if the host is just annoying everyone, no matter how much time they spend on preparing it.

Being a host for any big occasion needs good leadership qualities or it will not run smoothly. I think this is the first tournament i've ever been in where the host drives people to leave (aiden doesnt count)

If you want respect, you gotta give respect.

Perfect example: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgn_U07Kzyc
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby MikeJC on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

oneill_clan wrote:nah its alright, if people want to be difficult just let them, i had team names for a reason that would be interesting when people saw them but now il just do whatever crap people want.

I've just about had it with you. People aren't being difficult, they're speaking out against you for doing something they don't want you to do. If you had your reasons, then please, by all means, tell them what you were planning. You're the one who's being difficult by acting like a child who didn't get his way.
MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: M1k3Rules

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:57 pm

MikeJC wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:nah its alright, if people want to be difficult just let them, i had team names for a reason that would be interesting when people saw them but now il just do whatever crap people want.

I've just about had it with you. People aren't being difficult, they're speaking out against you for doing something they don't want you to do. If you had your reasons, then please, by all means, tell them what you were planning. You're the one who's being difficult by acting like a child who didn't get his way.

i cant give the reason out plain across the bloody forums certain figures will see, and its only a stupid name, but yet you flung all your shit into the air and fucked off and come back trying to give me slack for picking up the pile of shit you left. i have earned my respect a long time ago, and look its funny i'm the only one who actually gave a shit about keeping your ladder going. fen only done it because he saw potential but he never intended to help for the long run he just wanted it stable(ish), mye and dappy only done it because they wanted a tournament to participate in, and look they left for silly reasons 'aw i quit its a dictatorship' ' aw i quit i never got the name i wanted' even after i just said fine have your name. i'm not the problem here its the community surrounding all they ever want to do is make anything and everything as difficult for a person as can be. if they don't like a decision aw lets mock it out loud, then there's the people that just mock it because others are too. instead of what tournaments use to be like where a decision was a decision that was it, people had problems but they didn't go on huge public rants about it. now in topics its always just lets shoot this idea down oh and this one, oh and lets just annoy this person, ohh lets down rep this person because we argued in chat, seriously pathetic.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Just a warning.

coolcole93 wrote:Shogun I want your babies in my mouth.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL
Steam ID: Mega Shogun V2

Postby MikeJC on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Where do I begin? I'm choking on the hypocrisy and irony. I don't care if this gets deleted or not, it needs to be said.

oneill_clan wrote:i cant give the reason out plain across the bloody forums certain figures will see

What? Who's this then? Your Psyonix 'buddies' you've been harassing over the past few weeks? I'm sure they care. You can't say because you have no clue what you were gonna do.

oneill_clan wrote:you flung all your shit into the air and fucked off and come back trying to give me slack for picking up the pile of shit you left.

Don't you fucking dare bring that up because you have no idea what happened. I tried to give you slack? YES. I THANKED you. I stood up for you and your horrible management of the tournament because I knew it was all my fault for leaving it to you anyway. We've been through this.

oneill_clan wrote:mye and dappy only done it because they wanted a tournament to participate in, and look they left for silly reasons 'aw i quit its a dictatorship'

Maybe because it is / was? You were naming teams for people for christsake.

oneill_clan wrote:instead of what tournaments use to be like where a decision was a decision that was it

Maybe because those decisions in other tournaments were the best for all concerned. Unlike yours.

oneill_clan wrote:people had problems but they didn't go on huge public rants about it.

Only guy ranting in public is you buddy.

oneill_clan wrote:ohh lets down rep this person because we argued in chat, seriously pathetic.

I agree, that is pathetic. Even moreso considering I happened to notice I've gone from 25 to 24. I wonder who did that? Deary me...
MikeJC
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: M1k3Rules

Postby Demic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Yo just driving by :scarab: .... ok lets all forgive now. :scarab: *driving away*
ERROR
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Your signature contains 2750 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.

:yeahthat: True Story... :(
Demic
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Demic
Region: United States of Europe

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:42 pm

MikeJC wrote:I agree, that is pathetic. Even moreso considering I happened to notice I've gone from 25 to 24. I wonder who did that? Deary me...

you think that was me lmao oh my...and i did have a clue what i was gunna do actually, naming a team for people hmm didnt think that would be so bad to do. and if people didnt get so uptight about it then they would have saw what i was going to do. stood up for me and my horrible management?oh im sorry i was sure mye was the runner of this thing to start, even half way through, he didnt actually even say he no longer wanted to organise or anything he just stopped without any mention? leaving no one in charge, and it was a mess yes, but its funny how this mess has been a succes, arguments fall outs bad organising but somehow look at all the games that got played
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Fenrir12 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I have no words any more, the community always finds a new way to make me think even less of it. Sure Chris' communication skills aren't great and this tournament has been lacking strong leadership, or clear direction ever since Mike left. You know why that is? Because it was Mike's idea, and Chris was adapting it and carrying it on in the face of a community that never could have handled the original vision for it anyway. Mike's idea was ambitious, people coming together to help out and keep Mike's vision going was more ambitious, and might just be one of the only times I've been proud of us as a community since being here. Theres a page where all people want is for Mike to be ok and they all want to help Mike out in this rough time. I was genuinely shocked that so many people were being unlike the sarpbc community I knew.

Its bad enough when random people criticise a tournament's direction or leadership without good logic or knowledge of what it takes, or because it personally doesnt agree with them. In an ideal world people would be mature about it and play out their remaining games and then leave. But no, here on the forums people have to fling shit at each other first, its sort of what you do.

When other tournament organisers criticise how a tournament is being run by someone genuinely working hard to provide a good time for the community, its particularly rough. It destroys all continuing confidence in the tournament and ruins the momentum. When you get a vocal arsehole who has a lot of friends criticise it, its just the same. Its also completely needless in both cases.

When the original fucking organiser of a tournament comes in having left during incredibly shit circumstances and not only having already criticised direction twice before hand, then goes on to attack the organiser and encourage and side with the moronic trolls.... I dont know... I just couldn't fathom someone being that much of an arsehole before now. I didn't do anywhere near as much as Chris has done for you Mike, in your time of need, and 'I' felt like you were shoving it back in my face when you made Reincarnation and criticised how this was being run twice since you got back, I can't imagine how angry Chris felt.

You realise we wouldn't of come together for Shogun, or Me, or Chris, or Snakecharmer if we bailed out with a breakdown. No-one would've given a shit, people would've moved on and thought less of us. For you though, likeable Mike, friend to everyone, mature, and respected as one of the best players, we all banded together and attempted to salvage your vision for you and for the community. And yet none of the people I mentioned would've returned and attacked the way it was being run by the people trying to help you out.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby Aceofspades on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:12 pm

#ItsNotEvenThatSerious
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Fenrir12 wrote:You realise we wouldn't of come together for Shogun, or Me, or Chris, or Snakecharmer if we bailed out with a breakdown.

Umm don't we remember Team El1te? Still one of the best threads on this forum.
coolcole93 wrote:Shogun I want your babies in my mouth.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL
Steam ID: Mega Shogun V2

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Sorry but Fen, the only stuff you've seen has just been on here, and most of the background dirt happens in the chat rooms. It may seem I left because I was told I can't name my own team, but no, there is so much more behind the reason I left. I also stopped helping to run it because of chris too, the fact he did do most of the work after a while gave him the idea that whatever he says goes and our opinion doesn't matter. Why should I continue to help run something i've been blocked out of, not all of us has as much time and interest in running things like chris does.

As for Mike temporarily leaving, it obviously must have been something quite personal for him to leave, we don't know why and obviously it's none of our business if we still don't know why.

Also i've never critisised chris for working hard on the tourn, just the sudden arrogance thats come along with it. Funnily enough i wouldn't have had a problem if my B team got named randomly, but the fact he said we have a time limit to pick our teams and then after choosing a team name i get told i can't in a rude manner. I would have been fine if he just explained why without the attitude.

I think dappy left more because of chrises attitude rather than his ideas, i'm not sure.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Sorry but Fen, the only stuff you've seen has just been on here, and most of the background dirt happens in the chat rooms. It may seem I left because I was told I can't name my own team, but no, there is so much more behind the reason I left. I also stopped helping to run it because of chris too, the fact he did do most of the work after a while gave him the idea that whatever he says goes and our opinion doesn't matter. Why should I continue to help run something i've been blocked out of.

theres hardly been any shit go on in the chats bar ace wanting to fight with everyone, and i was doing majority of the work but when we were all running it you and dappy liked the idea of adding this that then suddenly you wanted to strip it all back to bare bones, that would have properly mindfucked everyone, and you ended up not even trying to put input into it so i took that as you werent upto the idea of helping to run things. and my arrogance? oh im sorry but the only time i give out arrogance is when i get given it, and quite a lot of people in the chat like to dish out a fair bit of it. all im doing is defending myself, people cant expect me to just sit back be like aye your right am wrong, aye ok this that, im laid back but im not going to let a group of people walk all over me
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges