A new concept (Scouting and training)

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Tue May 07, 2013 7:27 am

sfex3best wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
illusorius wrote:and can i also get the name of the video anime made

This video here is of animekunai & Mephistophes vs. Yagami_Light__ and KissMyTiny :( Ass (KMTA) Uploaded August 9th, 2009

I miss this version of SARPBC soo mucchh :(

Players have improved a lot but the game changed so much from pre patch to the current version you can't really compare.

How do you mean?
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby el-trickser on Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 am

and here we go again :roll:
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby Eriquo on Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 am

ollyp23 wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:saw a new player emerge sorry_im_perfect. skills go by the name. unbeatable

Yeah, there's a really skilled guy going by the name of Lemon-Key-Face as well. I guess there's a whole bunch of new talent coming out right now, huh?

I heard that he's gay
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby The_deceased on Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 pm

A list of potential scouts:

-Cougar
-dappydooda
-WrongWayWoody
-ollyp23
-Eriquo
-Mye_bipod_4shor
-SHOGUN-CAL
-xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
-BjOeRnInAtOr
-Hot Koolaid

Anyway, back to topic.

illusorius wrote:well im not a noob and im not the best iv barely had the game 4 a year.. And well i think that i learned how to play it more quicker than most people that started to play araund the time iv played.

I wonder who was the fastest to reach the advanced level of the game? I recall reading somewhere that Ryan was as good as the developers, merculous caught up with others after he had the game for roughly 4-6 months, mye already pulled off power shots, montages/replays were nowhere near comparable to flexy at the time and dappy when he suddenly developed beastly abs and took the community by brute sexiness.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 pm

The_deceased wrote:A list of potential scouts:

-Cougar
-dappydooda
-WrongWayWoody
-ollyp23
-Eriquo
-Mye_bipod_4shor
-SHOGUN-CAL
-xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
-BjOeRnInAtOr
-Hot Koolaid

Anyway, back to topic.

illusorius wrote:well im not a noob and im not the best iv barely had the game 4 a year.. And well i think that i learned how to play it more quicker than most people that started to play araund the time iv played.

I wonder who was the fastest to reach the advanced level of the game? I recall reading somewhere that Ryan was as good as the developers, merculous caught up with others after he had the game for roughly 4-6 months, mye already pulled off power shots, montages/replays were nowhere near comparable to flexy at the time and dappy when he suddenly developed beastly abs and took the community by brute sexiness.

The thing is that it was much easier to reach the top players standards back then since the standard of how good people were was much less than it is today. Over time, the skills of players are always increasing, year by year. So to expect a player to catch up as quickly now as players from years ago could is just ludicrous.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby dappydooda on Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 am

The_deceased wrote:and dappy when he suddenly developed beastly abs and took the community by brute sexiness.

I still remember that night we first played eachother and I was as high as a blimp.
Also +1 for giving me a sig quote
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy
Region: Both

Postby The_deceased on Mon May 13, 2013 11:29 pm

dappydooda wrote:
The_deceased wrote:and dappy when he suddenly developed beastly abs and took the community by brute sexiness.

I still remember that night we first played eachother and I was as high as a blimp.
Also +1 for giving me a sig quote

Now I can retire happily.

Back to topic! you have a good point when it comes to average joes, brake snake. However, the standard, even if higher than its preceding year, cannot really be that far off. I can assure you that some of the top notch in 2010/11 and even few exceptional ones from 2009 can compete with those in 2013-14. They may struggle a bit at first but they will evolve and high up their game far faster than when they first started playing.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon May 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Well of course there will be a few who will evolve with the times. That's only natural.

Anyway, what I also want to mention is: I believe that over course of this game's time, the difference has become less and less. So the difference in skill between '08 and '09 is much greater than the difference between '12 and '13.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:Well of course there will be a few who will evolve with the times. That's only natural.

Anyway, what I also want to mention is: I believe that over course of this game's time, the difference has become less and less. So the difference in skill between '08 and '09 is much greater than the difference between '12 and '13.

Agreed!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 am

The_deceased wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:Well of course there will be a few who will evolve with the times. That's only natural.

Agreed!

Yay!
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby dappydooda on Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 am

dec your sig's shite
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy

Postby Szirokko on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 am

Hello Scouts and Masters!

If anyone is still looking for a trainée: Find me!

I got a beating from Aiden last night. He mentioned I should join the league, find a mentor, and get even more beatings. As, over the course of the last four years, I was forced to develop a sense of satisfaction from geeting the shit kicked out of my little battle-car, this sounds like a fabulous idea. But since nobody approached me yet, I'm not sure if this is due just to the crappy connectivity of the game or myself not being a tempting diciple...?

Anyhow, I love the idea. Me and my buddy kobajashi_77 (by now way better than me) love to play 2v2 against all flags (each and every day that allows for it), got fairly confident over time, but still we' re shocked again and again by seemingly impossible displays of prowess by some players. Enough blabla: Love the idea. Anybody wants to tutor one or two Germans?

Hold fast, catch you soon (after the working weekend away)!
S.
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby aiden91 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey Szir, this is only run by some noob and will probably never run.

the tournament i was telling you about is[url=this one]http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8669[/url].

have a look at the OP, it explains all.
and i'd be more than happy to play with you again, they were very good games.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby oneill_clan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Szirokko wrote:Hello Scouts and Masters!

I got a beating from Aiden last night. He mentioned I should join the league, find a mentor, and get even more beatings. As, over the course of the last four years, I was forced to develop a sense of satisfaction from geeting the shit kicked out of my little battle-car, this sounds like a fabulous idea. But since nobody approached me yet, I'm not sure if this is due just to the crappy connectivity of the game or myself not being a tempting diciple...?

Anyhow, I love the idea. Me and my buddy kobajashi_77 (by now way better than me) love to play 2v2 against all flags (each and every day that allows for it), got fairly confident over time, but still we' re shocked again and again by seemingly impossible displays of prowess by some players. Enough blabla: Love the idea. Anybody wants to tutor one or two Germans?

S.

hey pop me an friend request! oneill_clan :mrgreen:

il be more than happy to give you tips and pointers on what you need to do to improve etc
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Postby Cougar on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

By the way, if dec is still running this then I'm finally ready to participate >_<
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Steam ID: CougyCougs

Postby The_deceased on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:47 pm

aiden91 wrote:
Hey Szir, this is only run by some noob and will probably never run.

[url=this one]http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8669[/url].

Cougar wrote:By the way, if dec is still running this then I'm finally ready to participate >_<

Catamount! I'm still up for this if everyone is still interested .. .. . ., or

we can incorporate this in battle scars somehow e.g. each team owner scouts two players and enters them in a tier 2 league/tourney where s/he can earn extra battlecash. And when trainees prove their worth or are deemed to be so by BS officials, they can partake in the main thing.

Szirokko wrote:Hello Scouts and Masters!

I got a beating from Aiden (cuz he lagz) last night. He mentioned I should join the league, find a mentor, and get even more beaourse of the last four years,o develop a sense of ds like a fabulous idea. , I'm not sure if this is due justof the game or myself not being a tempting diciple...?

Anyhow, I ly buddy kevery day that allows for it), got fairly confident over time, but stildisplays of prowess by some players. Enough blabla: Love the idea. Anybody wants to tutor one or two Germans?

S.

Germ men :shock: I would like to test the methods I had in mind for this concept. I will hit up both of you and kobajashi. By the way, both of you improved very much and that was when I last played you 6 months/a year ago!

You may also want to check [url=this one]http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7676&hilit=fizzit[/url]. It is totally worth it if he is still around, :) .
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Szirokko on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 am

Ahoi guys!

oneill_clan wrote:
hey pop me an friend request! oneill_clan :mrgreen:

il be more than happy to give you tips and pointers on what you need to do to improve etc

The_deceased wrote:
Germ men :shock: I would like to test the methods I had in mind for this concept. I will hit up both of you and kobajashi. By the way, both of you improved very much and that was when I last played you 6 months/a year ago!

(Thanks for the flowers, dec, you made two old men very happy.)

So friendly to get two offers for tutoring straight away. Thanx!

We might forego the tournament thing for the time being, but the tutoring sound great, even though I have no idea how that should work, I mean technically. Talking about technicak: No tutor will be able to prevent me from doing dramatic ball-misses ON THE GOAL LINE! However, we'll send you let's-be-friends-requests!

And shouldn't I move this whole conversation to another thread?

See you soon!
S.
Szirokko
Acrobatic

Postby Szirokko on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:19 am

Ah, the original Tutor, Fizzit, doesn't seem to be active anymore anyhow...
Szirokko
Acrobatic

Postby aiden91 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Szirokko wrote:Ah, the original Tutor, Fizzit, doesn't seem to be active anymore anyhow...

Fizzit, there is a name from the past!

havn't seen him in a couple of years really.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:50 pm

I could also help out if you guys would like that :) im not one of the fancy players with the best technique but im pretty decent at getting the job done lol
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges