A new concept (Scouting and training)

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Mon May 06, 2013 9:05 am

animekunai wrote:that looks an awful lot like the 100% trophy list...

In addition to DTB, I take credit for HolyHacker's All Star Trophy too ;)

+ 1 for figuring it out.
Image
coolcole93 wrote:Shogun I want your babies in my mouth.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
User avatar
Head of Morridoom
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:21 pm
Location: Stalham, Norfolk
PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL
Steam ID: Mega Shogun V2
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby Hot Koolaid on Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Is the all star trophy the one you get for achieving every star?
Image
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both
Switch Friend Code: 0

Postby illusorius on Mon May 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Quick quastion iv never played with Youcantwin77 was he good.And if he was Who would you compare him 2 8-)
Image
Image
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 pm
Location: Planet Earth.
PSN ID: illusorius
Steam ID: illusorius
Region: Classified
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re:

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm

illusorius wrote:Quick quastion iv never played with Youcantwin77 was he good.And if he was Who would you compare him 2 8-)

Well, the thing you have to understand is that he is an old time player.

The thing with this game is that the standard of skill is always increasing.

What I mean by that is if we had a time machine, where we could pick out players from different eras, and put them against each other, the best players of 2009 would stand no chance against the best players of 2010. The best players of 2011 would stand no chance against the best of 2012. In fact, the best players today would destroy the best players from every year before. Illusorius, I am very familiar with how you play (You're an average player, in my own view). If we sent you back in time to 2008, undoubtedly, you'd be hailed as the best player by just about everyone.

Youcantwin77 is a player from that old era. I have never even played him myself (I'm from 2010). It's best if you compare yourself to players of today, to get an accurate analysis of your own prowess.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby oneill_clan on Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
illusorius wrote:Quick quastion iv never played with Youcantwin77 was he good.And if he was Who would you compare him 2 8-)

Well, the thing you have to understand is that he is an old time player.

The thing with this game is that the standard of skill is always increasing.

What I mean by that is if we had a time machine, where we could pick out players from different eras, and put them against each other, the best players of 2009 would stand no chance against the best players of 2010. The best players of 2011 would stand no chance against the best of 2012. In fact, the best players today would destroy the best players from every year before. Illusorius, I am very familiar with how you play (You're an average player, in my own view). If we sent you back in time to 2008, undoubtedly, you'd be hailed as the best player by just about everyone.

Youcantwin77 is a player from that old era. I have never even played him myself (I'm from 2010). It's best if you compare yourself to players of today, to get an accurate analysis of your own prowess.


so your trying to say if you sent him back there he would wipe the floor with meph and kmta and flexynator and all of those people? who bear in mind havent played in a long time/ dont enjoy the game as much so dont play as much/ dont have time to play anymore / would rather play something more up to date. im sorry but i think your wrong. for example me. i was here since the early days of the game (eu version). i grew up as the game did i became good. back then when i got really good i was proper fantastic like scoring most aerials, making incredible saves blah blah. as time passed tournaments went i grew fed up. got bored i didnt enjoy the game, little bugs i noticed ruined fun, friends stopped playing as much so i stopped playing, sarps infectious always brings you back. so i came back left then now back. but anyways in that time i probs spent a total of a year and a half not playing sarp at a maximum. my skill level dropped as expected. but yet now i can still play against the top players of "this era" and be even or at least on par at times and even winning. now you say he would be hailed as the best back then. what makes you say that? do you actually think he would put up any fight with kmta/meph/flexy. all someone needs to do is actually have a look at kmtas/mephs/flexys statistics they do speak for themselves. this game is reaching the end of its life, and everyones slowly all coming upto the top par as you say the skill level is increasing as a whole like taking into account everyone buttt you cant take away anything from the likes of kmta and meph flexy fysho andi etc saying they would be below illusorius in terms of overall best player. sorry but your defo wrong on that one.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
illusorius wrote:Quick quastion iv never played with Youcantwin77 was he good.And if he was Who would you compare him 2 8-)

Well, the thing you have to understand is that he is an old time player.

The thing with this game is that the standard of skill is always increasing.

What I mean by that is if we had a time machine, where we could pick out players from different eras, and put them against each other, the best players of 2009 would stand no chance against the best players of 2010. The best players of 2011 would stand no chance against the best of 2012. In fact, the best players today would destroy the best players from every year before. Illusorius, I am very familiar with how you play (You're an average player, in my own view). If we sent you back in time to 2008, undoubtedly, you'd be hailed as the best player by just about everyone.

Youcantwin77 is a player from that old era. I have never even played him myself (I'm from 2010). It's best if you compare yourself to players of today, to get an accurate analysis of your own prowess.


so your trying to say if you sent him back there he would wipe the floor with meph and kmta and flexynator and all of those people? who bear in mind havent played in a long time/ dont enjoy the game as much so dont play as much/ dont have time to play anymore / would rather play something more up to date. im sorry but i think your wrong. for example me. i was here since the early days of the game (eu version). i grew up as the game did i became good. back then when i got really good i was proper fantastic like scoring most aerials, making incredible saves blah blah. as time passed tournaments went i grew fed up. got bored i didnt enjoy the game, little bugs i noticed ruined fun, friends stopped playing as much so i stopped playing, sarps infectious always brings you back. so i came back left then now back. but anyways in that time i probs spent a total of a year and a half not playing sarp at a maximum. my skill level dropped as expected. but yet now i can still play against the top players of "this era" and be even or at least on par at times and even winning. now you say he would be hailed as the best back then. what makes you say that? do you actually think he would put up any fight with kmta/meph/flexy. all someone needs to do is actually have a look at kmtas/mephs/flexys statistics they do speak for themselves. this game is reaching the end of its life, and everyones slowly all coming upto the top par as you say the skill level is increasing as a whole like taking into account everyone buttt you cant take away anything from the likes of kmta and meph flexy fysho andi etc saying they would be below illusorius in terms of overall best player. sorry but your defo wrong on that one.

No, silly, I'm saying, if he in his current state of skill, traveled to the year 2008 (This game came out in October of 2008, SARP EU didn't even exist til 2009) He would beat everyone.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby oneill_clan on Mon May 06, 2013 6:15 pm

explains it haha, but to be fair no one knew much i imagine then probs didnt know that you could jump then use boost to stay in the air
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon May 06, 2013 6:19 pm

oneill_clan wrote:explains it haha, but to be fair no one knew much i imagine then probs didnt know that you could jump then use boost to stay in the air

Exactly. The more the years go by, the more we learn and the more things people advance in. animekunai put up a YouTube vid recently of the top US players from 2009 playing against each other in 2v2. Our average players of today would be enough to beat those top players then.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby oneill_clan on Mon May 06, 2013 6:29 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:explains it haha, but to be fair no one knew much i imagine then probs didnt know that you could jump then use boost to stay in the air

Exactly. The more the years go by, the more we learn and the more things people advance in. animekunai put up a YouTube vid recently of the top US players from 2009 playing against each other in 2v2. Our average players of today would be enough to beat those top players then.


hmm here in eu i think its different. if you put say kmta and meph at there abs best against mike and mye i have a feelings kmta and meph would still win. maybe not by much maybe a goal in ot but it would not be a easy win for mike and mye for sure
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby SARPBC LACHINIO on Mon May 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Ok, I don't think that protagonist with be the best scout. I mean he's good when he wants to play, but he doesn't play anymore. I like the idea, its just that some people might not even play anymore. I could be a scout, I've trained 4 people already how to freestyle and max out the skill in the game. Dribbling, aerial, defense, and Powershots.
Image
SARPBC LACHINIO
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 pm
PSN ID: LACHINIO
Steam ID: LACHINIO
Region: US/EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby Hot Koolaid on Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 pm

SARPBC LACHINIO wrote:Ok, I don't think that protagonist with be the best scout. I mean he's good when he wants to play, but he doesn't play anymore. I like the idea, its just that some people might not even play anymore. I could be a scout, I've trained 4 people already how to freestyle and max out the skill in the game. Dribbling, aerial, defense, and Powershots.


You can never max out the skill in the game, tis not possible.
Image
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Re:

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:explains it haha, but to be fair no one knew much i imagine then probs didnt know that you could jump then use boost to stay in the air

Exactly. The more the years go by, the more we learn and the more things people advance in. animekunai put up a YouTube vid recently of the top US players from 2009 playing against each other in 2v2. Our average players of today would be enough to beat those top players then.


hmm here in eu i think its different. if you put say kmta and meph at there abs best against mike and mye i have a feelings kmta and meph would still win. maybe not by much maybe a goal in ot but it would not be a easy win for mike and mye for sure


Whaatt if mike and I wwwere att ourrr beeest?

Tbf ivee. Playeed ith botth whenn they werre aactivee and yes thhey werre uunbbeataable, but, I haaave waatched lloaads of. Gammeeplay repplays I'vee. Saaavved vvs tthem aandd ttthe whhooolee. Game bbaackc then wwasnttt exaactllyyyyy exppploitteed ttthhee way it is now, no one everr inteentionalaaly ppassed theee ball morre tthan once, no one ddddrovee up aa walll to defeend ana oncoming ball or shooot, just small things like tthat tthatt eeevverryoneee dooees ttoday, ddont get me wrong, theye stttill haavvee attribbutes tthatt no one ccan do betteeeer. Than ttheey could andd connsisttently, likke meephs shhoottting, evveeryone can ppull off that. One stinger but not as cocnsistttently as mepph. Theeres no wway to deeeteermine wwho is beetter when at their beestt, I feel mee nn mikes best waas deefinitely aaarround 2011-2012, I'm sure he would agree too. Nowwwadaays its just constttaantly playing too try hitt tthattt forrm aagain, buutt mike isntt tthe tttype to use that "I used to be grreeaat" exccuse if he isn't pplayying Well, but only to enjoy the gaame.

So who's running things ttthis yeear eh? :D
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby illusorius on Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

well im not a noob and im not the best iv barely had the game 4 a year.. And well i think that i learned how to play it more quicker than most people that started to play araund the time iv played.
Image
Image
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 pm
Location: Planet Earth.
PSN ID: illusorius
Steam ID: illusorius
Region: Classified
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby illusorius on Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm

and can i also get the name of the video anime made
Image
Image
illusorius
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 pm
Location: Planet Earth.
PSN ID: illusorius
Steam ID: illusorius
Region: Classified
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 pm

illusorius wrote:and can i also get the name of the video anime made

This video here is of animekunai & Mephistophes vs. Yagami_Light__ and KissMyTinyAss (KMTA) Uploaded August 9th, 2009
Last edited by SnakeCharmer113 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby xX_WAF-FLES_Xx on Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Cool video, and also i wish i would have payed more attention to how ppl in 2009 compared to ppl today :| I have noticed some better players emerging though.
ImageImage
xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm
Location: Washington State
PSN ID: xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
Steam ID: Vafele
Region: Everywhere
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby oneill_clan on Tue May 07, 2013 4:14 am

saw a new player emerge sorry_im_perfect. skills go by the name. unbeatable
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby ollyp23 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:08 am

oneill_clan wrote:saw a new player emerge sorry_im_perfect. skills go by the name. unbeatable

Yeah, there's a really skilled guy going by the name of Lemon-Key-Face as well. I guess there's a whole bunch of new talent coming out right now, huh?
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:The 10 seconds remaining countdown by the crowd....incredible!!!!!
ollyp23
Ryanistic
User avatar
Ryanistic
 
Posts: 4134
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am
Location: London, UK
PSN ID: ollyp23
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby oneill_clan on Tue May 07, 2013 6:16 am

ollyp23 wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:saw a new player emerge sorry_im_perfect. skills go by the name. unbeatable

Yeah, there's a really skilled guy going by the name of Lemon-Key-Face as well. I guess there's a whole bunch of new talent coming out right now, huh?


yeah! not heard of that guy your on about though, he anu good?
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby sfex3best on Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
illusorius wrote:and can i also get the name of the video anime made

This video here is of animekunai & Mephistophes vs. Yagami_Light__ and KissMyTiny :( Ass (KMTA) Uploaded August 9th, 2009


I miss this version of SARPBC soo mucchh :(

Players have improved a lot but the game changed so much from pre patch to the current version you can't really compare.
Image
sfex3best
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:57 am
Location: United Kingdom Bolton
PSN ID: sfex3champion
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest