A new concept (Scouting and training)

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby aiden91 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:I could also help out if you guys would like that :) im not one of the fancy players with the best technique but im pretty decent at getting the job done lol

really?

i think you're shite.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby dappydooda on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 pm

aiden91 wrote:
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:I could also help out if you guys would like that :) im not one of the fancy players with the best technique but im pretty decent at getting the job done lol

really?

i think you're shite.

Yeah I think we should all be helping pod get better to be honest, it's about time.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy
Region: Both

Postby aiden91 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:23 pm

dappydooda wrote:
aiden91 wrote:

really?

i think you're shite.

Yeah I think we should all be helping pod get better to be honest, it's about time.

i've tried and tried, but he never listens.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks, in pod's cause he should just be put down.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:09 pm

This ol dog still has some bark in him!!

I'll show u guys.. ;_;

I'll show you all!! ;___;
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby Szirokko on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:im not one of the fancy players with the best technique but im pretty decent at getting the job done lol

Yeah, right. Once or twice I had the doubtful honour of being a job getting done by you! We had hoped for encouragement, man! Sigh.

Another thing: We recently joined your chat and we'd see you all happily typing commentaries re your running games. But we never see any of you on the server list, thus obvioulsy cannot join. Do you guys mainly play privat matches?

Tonite I'll finally have a few hours of leisure and will try to contact you guys.

Looking foward.
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:49 am

Szirokko wrote:
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:im not one of the fancy players with the best technique but im pretty decent at getting the job done lol

Yeah, right. Once or twice I had the doubtful honour of being a job getting done by you! We had hoped for encouragement, man! Sigh.

Another thing: We recently joined your chat and we'd see you all happily typing commentaries re your running games. But we never see any of you on the server list, thus obvioulsy cannot join. Do you guys mainly play privat matches?

Tonite I'll finally have a few hours of leisure and will try to contact you guys.

Looking foward.

Yeah we usually play private games xD i'll be on in the afternoon to play.

Have we played before? My memory is malfunctioned xd
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

Postby Szirokko on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Yeah we usually play private games xD i'll be on in the afternoon to play.
Have we played before? My memory is malfunctioned xd

Yeah, we've played, occasionally, but months ago. Kobajashi_77 and I will add you today, but it'll be later on tonite, ninish (continental).

Tell me about malfunctioning memory! However, some names are etched in the finish of my little battle-car...
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 am

Szirokko wrote: But we never see any of you on the server list, thus obviously cannot join. Do you guys mainly play private matches?

I rarely host games, so that's why you don't see me, but I play a lot of unrank, 2v2 or 3v3 mainly. :lol:
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby Hot Koolaid on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Has anyone heard of a guy named DaGermanBaker? Played him today and had some matches that were too close for comfort, he said he had been playing for almost 2 months, but I don't know if I believe that, he hit literally every aerial in and I had never seen him before. Was thinking it might have been an alt but he said it wasn't. Don't think he was in Germany as he had green cnx.
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid

Postby el-trickser on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 am

Check the trophies, easy to tell by that
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:Has anyone heard of a guy named DaGermanBaker? Played him today and had some matches that were too close for comfort, he said he had been playing for almost 2 months, but I don't know if I believe that, he hit literally every aerial in and I had never seen him before. Was thinking it might have been an alt but he said it wasn't. Don't think he was in Germany as he had green cnx.

I'm quite positive that is Pilouky.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby Hot Koolaid on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
Hot Koolaid wrote:Has anyone heard of a guy named DaGermanBaker? Played him today and had some matches that were too close for comfort, he said he had been playing for almost 2 months, but I don't know if I believe that, he hit literally every aerial in and I had never seen him before. Was thinking it might have been an alt but he said it wasn't. Don't think he was in Germany as he had green cnx.

He only had 2 trophies so it is an alt. And come to think of it, I remember you saying that you had an alt that you used to see how people played against you when they didn't know it was you. Pilouky is good, but he wasn't nearly that good, and the play style was more similar to you than him. But DaGermanBaker only used :renegade: and you never do. Hmmm I'm just going to assume that it was you and use that as an excuse to make myself feel better about losing 1 of the 2 games we played. :mrgreen:
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:02 am

Hot Koolaid wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:

He only had 2 trophies so it is an alt. And come to think of it, I remember you saying that you had an alt that you used to see how people played against you when they didn't know it was you. Pilouky is good, but he wasn't nearly that good, and the play style was more similar to you than him. But DaGermanBaker only used :renegade: and you never do. Hmmm I'm just going to assume that it was you and use that as an excuse to make myself feel better about losing 1 of the 2 games we played. :mrgreen:

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE :minigun:
Although yes, I have done that on many occasions. With people I normally play, some may play differently with me than they usually do with most others -- generally more cautiously (or maybe more chaotically), which can be a bad thing if you can't balance out your aggression with your passiveness, or if you play too inconsistently. So, playing on an alt and watching a guy who normally plays more defensively against me suddenly become more certain and confident in his skills & as a result, goes all out and performs much more effectively, gives me a sort of, "That's more like it" feeling, and it's almost like playing a new player. Also, along with that fact, the end scores tend to be closer (and on rare occasions, even switched).
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:01 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:WHAT IS THIS NONSENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE :minigun:
Although yes, I have done that on many occasions. With people I normally play, some may play differently with me than they usually do with most others -- generally more cautiously (or maybe more chaotically), which can be a bad thing if you can't balance out your aggression with your passiveness, or if you play too inconsistently. So, playing on an alt and watching a guy who normally plays more defensively against me suddenly become more certain and confident in his skills & as a result, goes all out and performs much more effectively, gives me a sort of, "That's more like it" feeling, and it's almost like playing a new player. Also, along with that fact, the end scores tend to be closer (and on rare occasions, even switched).

This never came to my mind. Would not expect any less from the one who originally suggested this idea!

Don't really have anything to add but need a couple more posts.

Edit: 500th post failed.

!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:02 am

i've noticed how different people play in that same setting too lol
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

Postby The_deceased on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:i've noticed how different people play in that same setting too lol

Also noticed that some ppl could do things which they are not capable of in their original accounts e.g. rage quit account, good connection account, etc :eyes: .
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby aiden91 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:03 pm

The_deceased wrote: good connection account, etc :eyes: .

i know you're not talking about me then.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Postby The_deceased on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

aiden91 wrote:
The_deceased wrote: good connection account, etc :eyes: .

i know you're not talking about me then.

Yours would be the good guy account, ace's would be the smart guy account.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Iceletdrop on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 am

This seems like a dead topic but would people still consider training other players, even if it was just a few games a week? cause there are a lot of players who don't really know how to progress and improve their skills (including me) and it would definitely be a big help to new(er) players.
Iceletdrop
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Iceletdrop
Region: EU

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Iceletdrop wrote:This seems like a dead topic but would people still consider training other players, even if it was just a few games a week? cause there are a lot of players who don't really know how to progress and improve their skills (including me) and it would definitely be a big help to new(er) players.

I'd absolutely be willing to help. Send me a friend request.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges