A new concept (Scouting and training)

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby The_deceased on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

The best of the best are widely recognised by the community. However, do they have what it takes to pass on their legacy?

In this concept, brought to you by snakecharmer, the top notch Sarpers scout for players who are new to the game, and prepare them for a 1v1 tourney. The scouts will be a team of two and will search for below-average players. The hard part is communicating successfully with the said candidates and getting them to stick around till the end of the tournament, but in the end, it will pay off.

These are the formats that we came up with:

- One scout and his/her trainee will play together in a 2v2 tourney.

- Scouts find and prepare 2 trainees for a 2v2 tourney.

- A team of two scouts search for one or two trainees and prepare both of them for the tourney.

Out of the three, we think that the third one is the most suitable. Snake already made a list of trainers but I lost it (I don't remember his choices, fortunately :p). I reckon that Sarpers such as Protagonist, Mye, Fizzit and Cougs are well-versed with tactics and gameplay analysis.

This is just a concept and we would like to have some feedback as to whether this is a good idea and how can it be further improved, :) .
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Re: A new concept (Scouting and training)

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 am

What a lovely post!
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby Cougar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am

The_deceased wrote:I reckon that Sarpers such as Protagonist, Mye, Fizzit and Cougs are well-versed with tactics and gameplay analysis.

This is just a concept and we would like to have some feedback as to whether this is a good idea and how can it be further improved, :) .

:cheesygrin:

I love love LOVE the idea. I think it's a wonderful community-building tournament, and I would love to participate as long as I get into a house by the time the tournament starts. I've already scouted and trained a player or maybe two, so I'm familiar with the concept and it's something that I love to do. As for the format, I like the third option as well because it allows for practice 2v2s.

I just hope it doesn't start for a bit :\
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Steam ID: CougyCougs
Region: Both

Postby The_deceased on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:What a lovely post!

Thank you for entrusting me with this thread, :) .

Cougar wrote:
:cheesygrin:

I love love LOVE the idea. I think it's a wonderful community-building tournament, and I would love to participate as long as I get into a house by the time the tournament starts. I've already scouted and trained a player or maybe two, so I'm familiar with the concept and it's something that I love to do. As for the format, I like the third option as well because it allows for practice 2v2s.

I just hope it doesn't start for a bit :\

!

Thank you! Glad that you liked it :) Guess we will settle on the third choice. Also, I agree with the community-building part of your post. As a matter of fact, SARP's 2 success may depend on ideas like this for SARP, unlike other games, is not noob-friendly and most newcomers flee before experiencing its essence. It could be even organized by Sigh-oh-necks themselves. And worry not for we will await you for as long as it takes, :) . Stay strong, Cougar Cub.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby dappydooda on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 am

If this happens then you will have to face the wrath of the mighty THOMAS_SMASH and the meh skills of Dirty_Rory
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy

Postby The_deceased on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 am

Almost forgot, you're not allowed to scout Sarpers from your friend list, : ) .

dappydooda wrote:If this happens then you will have to face the wrath of the mighty THOMAS_SMASH and the meh skills of Dirty_Rory

What a coincidence, lol ....
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am

The_deceased wrote:Almost forgot, you're not allowed to scout Sarpers from your friend list, : ) .

Just to be awkward, i'm going to pretend I didn't understand what you meant. ;)

Does this mean when you find them you can not add them, as you cant scout anyone on your friends list!? because if you add them, then you cant scout them anymore!? :shock:
If this is the case how do we train them if we cant add them? :?

Sorry. :cheesygrin:

But apart from that, I think this is a very good Idea! :D
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby ollyp23 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I'd like to enter a wee gem I've found. Goes by the name of RIP_BaTTle_WeiR.

Spotted him a while ago, and, I'll be blunt, this man could, no, will be the next big thing. Yes, it is true at the moment he is prone to a few mistakes, own goals and such, but that's nothing that can't be improved. Why, last game, we got his own goal count down to 1, baby steps, baby steps. His positioning and raw power he possesses are just some of his assets, as well as actually being one of the few SARPBC players I know that have tamed the beast we all know as the Renegade. I'm sure this find will be the best find you get in your little plan, because, I know for a fact that there are no better. My judging player potential and ability stats are both at 20, as well as having a determination of 19, I don't really think you can argue with me. Hands down, induct this guy into the hall of fame already. No, make a new hall of fame, just for Battle Weir.
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:The 10 seconds remaining countdown by the crowd....incredible!!!!!
ollyp23
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: ollyp23
Region: EU

Postby ollyp23 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Ok now serious. Can I be a scout? Lol.

I love this idea, and I love the prospect of finding gems in SARPBC. After all, I am responsible for the one you call Sfex3Champion, and others. But seriously, I love playing unranked and analysing other players style of play, and seeing if they can be good enough to make the cut, or what they can improve on and such. I know a lot of the common Sarpers are against the idea of actually playing with randoms cause they're so bad, but that's now. Every one of you was bad at one point, but every one of you improved to a certain extent. Why not give those who are bad now a chance? And this concept is marvelous for that, in my opinion. I even have a little scouting project of my own I'm slowly working on at the moment, I just find it interesting.

Feel free to say no cause I'm not cool enough for the Kool Kids Klub :(
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:The 10 seconds remaining countdown by the crowd....incredible!!!!!
ollyp23
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: ollyp23

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

I found myself a player! I asked him to make an account here :) His name is Dr_Muffins1
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Dr_Muffins1 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I am a mediocre player but with the help of Snakecharmer i will be a legend one day :D
Dr_Muffins1
Supersonic

PSN ID: Dr_Muffins1
Region: US

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm

The only thing I'm unsure of is how good can the players be. Should they be fresh off the boat? Or should they have some experience (like my muffins) The thing is that if we get players that are too new, we don't know their playing patterns. They might be online one day and then never come on sarb again. So when considering your player, take note of their reliability. I think the rank of amateur is a good level for the trainee to be at.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm

WrongWayWoody wrote:
Sorry. :cheesygrin:

But apart from that, I think this is a very good Idea! :D

Apology accepted and glad that you liked it : ) ... lol nah jk you are allowed to scout from your friend list as long as they are qualified, : ) .
ollyp23 wrote:I'd like to enter a wee gem I've found. Goes by the name of RIP_BaTTle_WeiR.

Spotted him a while ago, and, I'll be blunt, this man could, no, will be the next big thing. Yes, it is true at the moment he is prone to a few mistakes, own goals and such, but that's nothing that can't be improved. Why, last game, we got his own goal count down to 1, baby steps, baby steps. His positioning and raw power he possesses are just some of his assets, as well as actually being one of the few SARPBC players I know that have tamed the beast we all know as the Renegade. I'm sure this find will be the best find you get in your little plan, because, I know for a fact that there are no better. My judging player potential and ability stats are both at 20, as well as having a determination of 19, I don't really think you can argue with me. Hands down, induct this guy into the hall of fame already. No, make a new hall of fame, just for Battle Weir.

Do I miss posts like these, :laugh: .

And of course you can be a scout! And you are absolutely right. Whenever I play unranked (which is always), I keep an eye for new talents and try to measure their sarptitude (SARPBC aptitude), and then try to track their progress whenever I encounter them again. I would love to hear about that little scouting project of your own which you're slowly working on at the moment, which you find interesting.

Kool kids klub? .. never heard of it .. oh ... nvm ... :dork:

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:The only thing I'm unsure of is how good can the players be. Should they be fresh off the boat? Or should they have some experience (like my muffins) The thing is that if we get players that are too new, we don't know their playing patterns. They might be online one day and then never come on sarb again. So when considering your player, take note of their reliability. I think the rank of amateur is a good level for the trainee to be at.

It is up to you, :) . If you feel that you can prepare someone from scratch, then go for it. It will be even more rewarding when you start to notice his/her progress. Also, you made a very good point; It is imperative to keep track of your trainee activity which is something that can be improved with the participation of psyonix e.g. winners get stars and gold forum names. As for their level, Maybe we need a committee to asses them beforehand? lol.

On a side note, I want to wait for Cougar Cub till he overcomes the peril, :) but you're free to enlist as a scout for the time being and start looking around.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby perstrame on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 am

ollyp23 wrote:Ok now serious. Can I be a scout? Lol.

I love this idea, and I love the prospect of finding gems in SARPBC. After all, I am responsible for the one you call Sfex3Champion, and others. But seriously, I love playing unranked and analysing other players style of play, and seeing if they can be good enough to make the cut, or what they can improve on and such. I know a lot of the common Sarpers are against the idea of actually playing with randoms cause they're so bad, but that's now. Every one of you was bad at one point, but every one of you improved to a certain extent. Why not give those who are bad now a chance? And this concept is marvelous for that, in my opinion. I even have a little scouting project of my own I'm slowly working on at the moment, I just find it interesting.

Feel free to say no cause I'm not cool enough for the Kool Kids Klub :(

I'm responsible for you.

Not because I trained you or anything, just because I forced you to buy the game.

Fail lightning is fail.
perstrame
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: perstrame

Postby Nieza on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 am

So this is like Sarp’s Little League? :D
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby The_deceased on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Nieza wrote:So this is like Sarp’s Little League? :D

Exactly, lol.

Started scouting the other night, but no luck. I do have someone on mind but will see if I can run into him again.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Nieza on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

We need 2 with the most severe British and Irish accents to comment on these games.
It’s a great concept, dude, and i’m very excited to see if training is actually possible.
Will be watching with great interest. Whenever it takes off. :]
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby Eriquo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

What if they don't want to be your puppets for success?
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Im soooo up for this. Im going for a sarper less than 4 months old!
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby Cougar on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Im soooo up for this. Im going for a sarper less than 4 months old!

Good luck man, I wouldn't have the patience to potty-train a baby and spend years raising him just to get him ready for one tournament. Besides, the tournament will be long gone by the time he could even walk!
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Steam ID: CougyCougs

Next

Return to Tournaments and Challenges