The SARPBC Tournament Hall Of Fame

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: The SARPBC Tournament Hall Of Fame

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Eriquo wrote:
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:- Country specific tournaments will remain kept off the Hall of Fame, This may also apply to US only tournaments, although I haven't decided yet.

This wouldn't work, as the US game really only applies to US and Canadian players

Country, not continent. If those tournaments are available to the whole NA region I'm happy to include them.
coolcole93 wrote:Shogun I want your babies in my mouth.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL
Steam ID: Mega Shogun V2
Region: EU

Postby Fenrir12 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:44 pm

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:- To promote more tournament organizing, and keep standards up, a tournament organizer Hall of Fame will be added. Points will be awarded depending on the success of the tournament.

Thats really not fair on recent organisers, the audience just isn't there anymore.

I know theres been a lot of enthusiasm sparking off in the last week with the talk of a reset, but shouldn't you all see (if that happens), if 'that' rejuvenates the community first? If ranked starts becoming playable that's as good a signal as any that tournaments might be able to be run again.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby Eriquo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 pm

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:
Eriquo wrote:
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:- Country specific tournaments will remain kept off the Hall of Fame, This may also apply to US only tournaments, although I haven't decided yet.

This wouldn't work, as the US game really only applies to US and Canadian players

Country, not continent. If those tournaments are available to the whole NA region I'm happy to include them.

I don't think there has been a US only (eff you Canada) tourney yet to my knowledge
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

As of my last post things have been changed, as of now you can no-longer stack points upon each tournament. Everything is now processed using a genereator which will give everyone a tournament rating, making for a much more accurate leaderboard. Placing well in a tournament will give you more points however, placing poorly will cause you to lose points, especially if you have an already high rating. This makes the leaderboard less prestige dependent and allows newer community members to remain competitive on the leaderboard.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

I'm updating the OP after each tournament I go through. I've started with Duality, so you can see how the HoF looks after the very first tournament. I'm hoping to move onto the U.S ladder next but I've encountered an issue, any idea where the actual ladder is?

Here's the tournament
http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1858
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am

Sorry for the triple post, although it's probably gonna keep happening, but I need some information. I've obviously been looking back towards the first tournaments and have a question, were the majority of Gibbs' tournaments deleted? I mean there's a U.S ladder I can't find and for someone who looks like he was getting praised for his tournaments from what I've got available it seems like none of his tournaments ever finished. If someone can give me an indication of what happened please let me know.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

Postby Eriquo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 pm

I think so. Looking at the dates of the topics created I seriously doubt that there were no tournaments between October 2008 and April 2009
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby Fenrir12 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 am

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:Sorry for the triple post, although it's probably gonna keep happening, but I need some information. I've obviously been looking back towards the first tournaments and have a question, were the majority of Gibbs' tournaments deleted? I mean there's a U.S ladder I can't find and for someone who looks like he was getting praised for his tournaments from what I've got available it seems like none of his tournaments ever finished. If someone can give me an indication of what happened please let me know.

Yeah they must have been deleted, my only memory of any of them was an EU only 1v1 double elimination bracket he ran, and I dont remember who won. I remember being in the 2nd elimination section and losing to some guy called Ryan0947 in the quarter-finals.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby Ryan094 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 am

Fenrir12 wrote:
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:Sorry for the triple post, although it's probably gonna keep happening, but I need some information. I've obviously been looking back towards the first tournaments and have a question, were the majority of Gibbs' tournaments deleted? I mean there's a U.S ladder I can't find and for someone who looks like he was getting praised for his tournaments from what I've got available it seems like none of his tournaments ever finished. If someone can give me an indication of what happened please let me know.

Yeah they must have been deleted, my only memory of any of them was an EU only 1v1 double elimination bracket he ran, and I dont remember who won. I remember being in the 2nd elimination section and losing to some guy called Ryan0947 in the quarter-finals.

Who is that kid?
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee

Postby Ryan094 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 am

Fenrir12 wrote:

Who is that kid?
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 pm

So we finally completed our 2v2 tournament!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

So here is the bracket:
http://challonge.com/sarbtourney3

And here are the names of all of the teams and most importantly, their members, in the order from top to bottom in the first round.

BC_Legends - samothegreatest & Dawking
Ummm Guise - oasis007 & shostakov
GoodFellows - TruSolja & BIGGAMEFISHER56
Underdogs - killersback & tankrgh
Maple Syrup and Codeine - Eriquo & dudicus
420's - thephantom_in_bl & Suirrad
Death Zero - animekunai & mye_bipod_4shor
BikersKillz - gt_biker & LolFreeKillz
Relentless - Demic & secret_asskicker
Woody & Westside - Wrong_Way_Woody & Westside_Niqquh
Sylux Brothers - Sylux_XIII #1 & #2 (They are a splitscreen team)
ballistic & kamikaze - ballistic12gage & KamikazeMario
Shitty Pet Fuckers - Eskimo_Gangsta & I_Am_ThAtGuY
Tunjik - JustSaiyanBro & TheOneEvolution-
george & soccerdude - aGEORGEz & soccerdude_13
ClusterChickens - syogesva & cooIstar10

Now, I'm not sure if you count disqualifications differently than losses/wins, so I will indicate what teams were disqualified in which round.

Ummmguise was DQed in Round T.
BikersKillz was DQed in Round U.
BC_Legends was DQed in Round AD.

Something that should be noted however, is that Dawking, who was one half of BC_Legends, could no longer participate in the tournament after some time, and did not compete in Round AC. So, he was replaced with ThePieManOfDeath, who teamed up with samothegreatest, and won their match (AC). But, as noted above, they (pie & samo) were disqualified the very next round for unrelated reasons.

And that's about it <3
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Postby paolyxx13 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:02 pm

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:Lastly I need a list from you guys about what you consider some of the major tournaments of SARPBC's past have been, such as Duality and Bionix. These tournaments will be given a larger point allocation.

If you can think of any other changes please tell me.

Here is The SARPBC Tournament Hall Of Fame. It was created to show off the top tournament players on our forums. Apart from just being here this can also be used for tournament seeding.

Rules:
- Tournaments that were not completed will not be added to the ratings
- People who quit tournaments just to be a jackass will be fined points
- People who leave mid-match, with it being proved on purpose, will be fined points
- Each player starts with 1200 Hall of Fame points. This is then increased or decreased depending on tournament performance.
- Larger, more prestigious tournaments will be given a larger K Rating. This means that more points will be awarded for playing well in these tournaments and more points taken away for playing badly.
- K Rating is essentially the multiplier for each tournament, so a tournament with a K Rating of 15 will be worth more than a tournament with a K Rating of 12.

Hall of Fame:
Rank - Points - Amount of Tournaments Competed In
1st) Will-Allen- - 1322 - 2
2nd) WeeDiv69 - 1263 - 2
GaryM94 - 1280 - 2
4th) UnluckyForSome - 1256 - 1
5th) Mephistofes - 1244 - 1
6th) Ryan0947 - 1278 - 2
7th)Dori-Yan - 1236 - 1
Fenrir12 - 1222 - 1
9th)Coolcole93 - 1224 - 2
10th) KissMyTinyAss - 1219 - 1