1975 done complete finished locked

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: 2 cents

Postby Demic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 am

aiden91 wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
i've played you on the US servers. :roll:

I used to play pretty much daily on US a while ago. The quality is awful in comparison.
The EU servers are better, even the real US players will say that.
You just run along now and try and finish your tournament.


And i also agree with Mye, Chris.
To say something like "i'm in the top 3 aerialists is still silly, its cocky first of all, and its not true second of all. :lol:
Yea you're above average, but i wouldn't have you near the top of the list.
anyway, this isn't about whos good or whos not, its about Demic doing something which has already been done a number of times.


Snake is a true US player. You would know that if you were a true EU player. This thread is tournaments and challenges not off thread "hey wwtch me reach 2000!". It was created years back to arrange matches between a dying ranked server in the US with top players and the highest rating, everyone that has a problem with that is just plain dumb because that's EXACTLY what this part of the forum was made for. I appoligise, I know it excluded a lot of players, but if it excluded you like a lot of the EU tournaments only do to me or the US only to eu then why post or get all bent out of shape in the first place, ignorant. P.s its never been done on US legit two different leader boards, you should know that because of your vast never endless knowledge of the US players and server...
ERROR
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Your signature contains 2750 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.

:yeahthat: True Story... :(
Demic
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm
PSN ID: Demic
Region: United States of Europe

Re: 2 cents

Postby aiden91 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:05 am

Snake is a crying little child who is so stuck up his own behind he has came back out the other side again.

I've played in the US, I know anime cheated about 2 years ago and all that.
Who cares?

you're posting about a target, 2000, and trying to get there, how about you post when you do?
You're afrad to play ranked 1v1's in case you lose your ranking. This is what makes you just another player and not one of the best.

Dirtycambo was one of the only decent US players i've seen come to gthe EU servers, and when i say decent, i mean as a nice person who isn't a cocky little fucktard.

I'm sorry for the way that was said, but i couldn't think of a better way to say it.

People don't have to be cocky, about a PS3 game. just play it.

Omgzzz im totz amazeballz at aerilasssess. lookz a reverserer flyer goalla.
the facebook page is everything that is wrong with this game, or more so the community of this game.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:The best back then has nothing on the best now. They can still give everyone a run for their money and win, but they won't be able to comsistently outplay a top player now. For example, there are a few good shooters but in my opinion meph still trumps them all, but that doesn't mean he is the best because of a skill. It's all about all-round ability, everyone is attack focused, but the few top players i see also has a great defensive mind. (Sorry chris) but players like you for example, really good, but you make it easy for the opposition to win regardless of how good you attack and goalkeep which is also what most players are like these days. Not saying I know best because the simplicity of this game always invites new and better ways to do things (which i still believe is possible) but soon a new phase will catch on and the standard will
Improve again (maybe)

As for the US thing, EU really does walk all over you guys, except for the few pie is relating to like steve, anime etc mario was also quite good


the problem is even now there is no outright top player, and there is hardly ever any game when players are playing at there top, like the other night i was playing shit hot in our 2v2 unr think i only lost 2 out of 9, but yet you might not have been playing your best, yet there's other nights when i'm hardly even interested and lose most the game. but then the debate comes back to how do you know back then have nothing on now? using me as an example my defending use to be a lot stronger and my aerialing was a lot more consistent as well as accurate, those 2 things are important in my style of play, yet i have started learning dribbles a bit more and my teamwork and setups etc have always been great. and now im starting to adapt what you and dappy like to do just a little bump at key times, why? because theres no point me putting myself to a disadvantage but not doing it if your all getting the advantage of doing it. just think for the top players back then having nothing on now there is quite a lot of older players who still challenge pretty well and pretty easily also. kuxir,pie,me if im playing really good. theres a lot to the game, but considering im an 'older player' id say im still top 3 aerialists in the eu. saying older players have nothing on now isnt backed up at all, because most the top old players dont even play anymore or they arent at the level they use to even be.


There's no way you're top 3 with aerials with players like Kux, woody, lukasluke, kmta, etc, you just fly more so you think that makes you top 3 :lol: also i'll use me and you as an example for this little tussle, you say you were playing really well one night, but does that make you a better player than me? Obviously every top player at their time was never unbeatable, but you can tell who is the better unless someone really is naive.

The gap has shortened since 09 and 13 clearly and there has been more skills being implemented which the old players didnt do. Meph and kmta have kept up but also there has been a breakthrough of more players than can contest them and the minority that has taken over



i was actually using it as an example, if i can still be near the top then if im not top 3 to you yet i can still put up good fights and before i was even more consistent with my aerials and i never use to get bored so easily its obvious if i had my old consistency and motivation id clearly be a much better player than i am right now. so therefore id be a better player than what i currently am.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: 2 cents

Postby el-trickser on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 am

I just feel like posting here too
Demic wrote:Sorry I'm an adult and enjoy a beer with my game when i play w friends instead of prior when I was under age.


So a beer and you are drunk? ;)
You should come over here and we should go drink :)
Nearly worked with anime if he wouldnt have been to far away in germany this week :|
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 am
Location: Germania
PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Re: 2 cents

Postby Fenrir12 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 am

When this got bumped I didn't lock it because the initial idea was Demic attempting to accept challenges from people on his way to 2000, so it belonged in Tournaments and Challenges, and even though the thread was stupidly old it seemed like Demic's quest was/is still active.

All posts not related to Demic's 1v1 ratings and upcoming challenges will be deleted if this carries on. Can't someone just compile all the locked threads where people have talked about skill levels into one big ego archive? Guess what people? You as a group aren't mature enough to have an objective discussion about each other's abilities at the game.
Image
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:40 am
Location: Southampton, UK
PSN ID: Fenrir12
Region: EU

Re: 2 cents

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

i was actually using it as an example, if i can still be near the top then if im not top 3 to you yet i can still put up good fights and before i was even more consistent with my aerials and i never use to get bored so easily its obvious if i had my old consistency and motivation id clearly be a much better player than i am right now. so therefore id be a better player than what i currently am.


who's to say that only you has been affected by this? you're not the only one that's had this game for years. what you've said is just an excuse as to why you aren't the top player that you want to be. I can just easily say 'oh i've had this game years blah blah, motivation etc' but if i said that, how hypocritical would that seem since i've managed to place well in these recent tournaments. if you do want to say that as your final statement then i'll just say the same, which will make what you said pointless :lol: just deal with it like most are.
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: 2 cents

Postby Eriquo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 am

SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
And suddenly I'm not respectful to any players? Coming from the guy who has no trouble bashing on so many people, the hypocrisy is deafening. If there is anyone who lacks respect towards others, it's you.

I said top players. Most people in the US wouldn't consider me a top player, but they would consider you (mainly because you say that you are).
Image
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 6735
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Re: 2 cents

Postby Demic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:22 am

aiden91 wrote:Snake is a crying little child who is so stuck up his own behind he has came back out the other side again.

I've played in the US, I know anime cheated about 2 years ago and all that.
Who cares?

you're posting about a target, 2000, and trying to get there, how about you post when you do?
You're afrad to play ranked 1v1's in case you lose your ranking. This is what makes you just another player and not one of the best.

Dirtycambo was one of the only decent US players i've seen come to gthe EU servers, and when i say decent, i mean as a nice person who isn't a cocky little fucktard.

I'm sorry for the way that was said, but i couldn't think of a better way to say it.

People don't have to be cocky, about a PS3 game. just play it.



Omgzzz im totz amazeballz at aerilasssess. lookz a reverserer flyer goalla.
the facebook page is everything that is wrong with this game, or more so the community of this game.


You're dumb, dirtycambo yes you know us so well who is that guy the guy that recently boosted his 2v2 to get ahead of me and dawking.. oh yea I know him class act. There's nothing wrong with the facebook page. I got sucked into some more childish arguements via this forum constant reminder why I stopped frequenting here. Fenrir lock this thread if you would I'm not revisiting it, my quest to 1975 is finished.
ERROR
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Your signature contains 2750 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.

:yeahthat: True Story... :(
Demic
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm
PSN ID: Demic
Region: United States of Europe

Re: 2 cents

Postby TheGreatGambit on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 am

Demic wrote:the av428 of my time

:laugh:

Demic wrote:My quest to 1975 is finished

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Re: 1975 done complete finished locked

Postby Ryan094 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am

Image
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
User avatar
Captain Sparkle
 
Posts: 13485
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: England
PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee
Region: EU

Re: 2 cents

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 am

aiden91 wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:It's ridiculous to see an EU player get nationalistic and attempt to put down the US region. Mye, aiden, you guys know jack squat when it comes to US affairs and know next to nothing about the players we have.

Aiden, I have never in my life seen you on the US servers, a place I visit nearly every day, and you have the audacity to start throwing around statistics such as "The current US sarp generation is nowhere near as good as the present best from a couple of years ago."

That's complete & utter bullshit. Your conclusion is mind-numbingly inaccurate, and to top it off, you are in no position to be saying things like that, because YOU DON'T PLAY ON OUR SERVERS.


i've played you on the US servers. :roll:

I used to play pretty much daily on US a while ago. The quality is awful in comparison.
The EU servers are better, even the real US players will say that.
You just run along now and try and finish your tournament.

I cannot recall playing you for the life of me. I've had the game since early 2010, so I'm not an oldy, per se. If you played me that year, or maybe even the year afterward, then I probably just don't remember you.

Now you say DirtyCambo was the only decent person to come out of our server?
A guy who, even to this day, will not hesitate to send long, hateful messages to people he doesn't like, or he feels gets in his way in game? God knows how many newbies he's made quit from this game. But, I can see why you find him to be a decent person. Only an asshole could enjoy another asshole's company.
Simply you playing years ago is not enough. You still know zilch about the US's affairs when you're remembering people like DC, and talking about anime cheating for 2000, which is MANY YEARS old.

Eriquo wrote:
SnakeCharmer113 wrote:
And suddenly I'm not respectful to any players? Coming from the guy who has no trouble bashing on so many people, the hypocrisy is deafening. If there is anyone who lacks respect towards others, it's you.

I said top players. Most people in the US wouldn't consider me a top player, but they would consider you (mainly because you say that you are).

Ok.

NOW I will follow Fenrir's wishes to post only things related to the topic. Even if someone says something so mindblowing, or so seemingly on point, that I must go on the defensive.... I will not reply.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Re: 1975 done complete finished locked

Postby TheGreatGambit on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 am

Fez 2 cancelled
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Previous

Return to Tournaments and Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest