1975 done complete finished locked

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby aiden91 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:05 am

Wtf is going on here?

KMTA hit 2000 3 years ago, it's been done. :lol:

certainly doesn't need a thread.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby ollyp23 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 am

DigDog used to speak like a baller!
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:The 10 seconds remaining countdown by the crowd....incredible!!!!!
ollyp23
Ryanistic
User avatar
Ryanistic
 
Posts: 4134
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am
Location: London, UK
PSN ID: ollyp23
Region: EU

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby SnakeCharmer113 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:29 pm

aiden91 wrote:Wtf is going on here?

KMTA hit 2000 3 years ago, it's been done. :lol:

certainly doesn't need a thread.

Yep, but that's in EU. No one has legitimately made it to 2000 in the US, mainly because hardly anyone plays ranked anymore. EU has more players, which makes the overall average of rating higher (EU has one person in the 1900s, US has one person in the 1900s, EU has 5 people in the 1800s, US has one person in the 1800s. EU has 10 people in the 1700s, US has 6 people in the 1700s. EU has 20 people in the 1600s, US has 11 people in the 1600s, etc), and also allows there to be more players in ranked. So the people who want to get high on the leader board actually have to challenge other people who are high up as well, rather than rely on finding a random player with a good rating. It's a slow process.
SnakeCharmer113
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Location: Manhattan, NY
PSN ID: SnakeCharmer113
Region: North America and Europe

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby aiden91 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:54 pm

if you guys spent half as much time organizing your tournaments as you do a ranked match you might actually finish something for a change :lol:
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:24 pm

EU > US 8-)

*starts flame war*
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Demic on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Anyways this thread is called my journey to 2000 not anyone else's journey. Regardless of that though the purpose for this thread was to allow top US competitors to challenge the number one rating. In my experience prove me if I'm wrong but no other leader of any rating category has EVER accepted matchs. Most just get above others and retire there rating ( i'll be doing that but difference is I've done so many matches already with US players and 1eu intrauzes, I didn't just grab the lead and sit there. Try it on eu, ask any of the top 3 if they will 1v1 you with a reasonable amount of points yourself, the answer would be no. Thats why no one bothers to ask and no its not because rating doesn't matter to "said person" its just like an unwritten rule -- I'm number 1, 2, 3ect. I'm not playing anyone just gonna sit up here for a while. I know if I ask top 2v2 rating to play or 3v3 or 4v4 not only would the answer not even be a maybe, I'd likely get no response at all. Just saying this thread isn't the cocky ignorant shit pile you EU players have taken it to be. I haven't once taken crap from any of the top players I've versused, not once.
ERROR
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Your signature contains 2750 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.

:yeahthat: True Story... :(
Demic
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm
PSN ID: Demic
Region: United States of Europe

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Eriquo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:27 pm

And so the battle of the elites will commence. Us normalkin can only look on, hoping, praying, that we can achieve their level of greatness.
Image
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby TheGreatGambit on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Eriquo wrote:And so the battle of the elites will commence. Us normalkin can only look on, hoping, praying, that we can achieve their level of greatness.

The best part is that the "elite" players in the US are second and third-rate players who think they're great because everyone else stopped playing.
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm

ThePieManOfDeath wrote:
Eriquo wrote:And so the battle of the elites will commence. Us normalkin can only look on, hoping, praying, that we can achieve their level of greatness.

The best part is that the "elite" players in the US are second and third-rate players who think they're great because everyone else stopped playing.


Image
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby TheGreatGambit on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

To be clear I don't mean *all* of the best players are like that. There are still players like steve and Jada who are great at the game and respectful of others. But I've noticed that there's a group of players now who obsess over rankings and who's the best even though they're the only ones playing it regularly, and they don't have the skills to back up their egos. They think they're amazing even though they were average back when the rest of the community was actually competitive and played the game as much as they do.

But I'm not, you know, trying to single anyone out or anything...

Also, reading through this topic for the first time, I laughed my ass off at "versusing" and "versused".
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby aiden91 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 am

ThePieManOfDeath wrote:To be clear I don't mean *all* of the best players are like that. There are still players like steve and Jada who are great at the game and respectful of others. But I've noticed that there's a group of players now who obsess over rankings and who's the best even though they're the only ones playing it regularly, and they don't have the skills to back up their egos. They think they're amazing even though they were average back when the rest of the community was actually competitive and played the game as much as they do.

But I'm not, you know, trying to single anyone out or anything...

Also, reading through this topic for the first time, I laughed my ass off at "versusing" and "versused".


are you afraid you say their names? I'm fairly sure i know who they are, they never shut up in the chat. :roll:

But yea, The US players seem to be a level below what they were when i 1st started playing, Mario and Anime used to be very hard bet.
now it's pretty easy to beat "the best", so much so that i havn't bothered with the US version in a long time.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Cougar on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:45 am

It's just that players are getting better faster, Aiden. The older generation of players paved a much easier road for the new generation, because they were pretty much putting on a public display of every trick they knew for anyone who wanted to face them. Mario was undoubtedly one of the best of his time, but I came in at 2010 and was going 50/50 with him 5 months after learning the game.

That's not to say that I'm better or that he's bad. He's a very good player and I respect him and all 107 of his accountsvery much. The newer generation of players has surpassed me already, because that's just how it happened in US. I can tell EU didn't experience this phenomenon because of players like Ryan and Meph still being the gods of the game they always were, but then there's mye and dappy who basically did exactly what I'm talking about, because they had the privilege of learning in the midst of some of the best players ever.

So basically, skill creep.
Image
Cougar
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: NJ
PSN ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Steam ID: CougyCougs
Region: Both

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 am

its hard to put a list of the greatest players ever because then the debate would arise 'aw id easily beat them if we played now.' you might yeah but you got such a bigger advantage when you started than when they started.

just try think if those people hadnt come into a community at a time when all the best where there and they were able to feed off them and if they had to learn it through just playing people of equal ability then would those players be as good as they are? in my opinion i dont think so. they got the chance to learn directly from the best players day in day out, unlike back at start of sarp when everyone basically learned off everyone of an equal ability and from that the better players learned faster or learned new ways.

if we had like a bot that played to exactly the best day and best game of everyone ever then maybe we would find out who is the best of all time. but we don't and we wont, we can only come to a 'rough agreement' of who is.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby aiden91 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 am

The current generation of US sarpbc players is nowhere near as good as the present best from a couple of years ago.

Yea, you might beat them if you played them now, but at their prime you wouldn't stand a chance.
It's a bit like if i played KMTA now, i'd probably(i hope) beat him at this stage, because he doesn't play anymore.(that i know of)

everyone has had their peaks, mine was about 2 years ago and i've never got even close to it since. :lol:
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Aceofspades on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm legit the best player there is.
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: I live in the afterlife
PSN ID: Champagne Papi
Region: US & EU

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby TheGreatGambit on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:54 pm

are you afraid you say their names?


Not so much that than the biggest offenders are so notorious by now that it's not necessary. Here's a great example:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SARPBC/ ... 290594771/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SARPBC/ ... 550594045/
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
User avatar
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Cougar on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I don't think it'e fair to say the old greats of the game were definitively better in their prime than any of us were in ours. They were relatively better, no doubt. In his day, Mario or anime or kmta, whoever you want to use, was the best or one of the best at their peak performance. But the game has changed to being much more aerial and wall-oriented. Now we're basically making ceiling shots. Wall shots are nothing special. The standard aerial has become commonplace and often forgettable, and the things that were impressive, unusual, and made these players good are easier to come by now.

In their era, they were gods. If you teleported their play (even at their peak) to present-day SARPBC, they would be good but not the best. I don't think the argument that our current generation of players is bad is accurate; I think it's safer to say that the overall level of play has risen, so the stars shine a little less brightly. :)
Image
Cougar
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: NJ
PSN ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Steam ID: CougyCougs
Region: Both

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Cougar wrote:I don't think it'e fair to say the old greats of the game were definitively better in their prime than any of us were in ours. They were relatively better, no doubt. In his day, Mario or anime or kmta, whoever you want to use, was the best or one of the best at their peak performance. But the game has changed to being much more aerial and wall-oriented. Now we're basically making ceiling shots. Wall shots are nothing special. The standard aerial has become commonplace and often forgettable, and the things that were impressive, unusual, and made these players good are easier to come by now.

In their era, they were gods. If you teleported their play (even at their peak) to present-day SARPBC, they would be good but not the best. I don't think the argument that our current generation of players is bad is accurate; I think it's safer to say that the overall level of play has risen, so the stars shine a little less brightly. :)



the only reason people were like wow back in day is because people hadnt saw them happen before, but by now its been done so much its common the games bloody old now. but even today with stuff people are still like 'wow' or 'how did u manage to save that'. and personally if anything i think now a days sarpbc has become simpler and just more focused on mind games. when people now a days are like lets play ping pong i just think why? because all people do anyway is power shots across the map. the game has become so power focused that the maps are simply to small. and have you ever played kuxir now haha? he takes about 8 runs ups before he does anything, just to try wear your patience down. sarpbcs become a lot more tactical but instead of when most things use to get used its mainly just power hits,bumps,dribbles and then the aerials,reverse aerials,wall&roof hits,drifts,teamwork depending on the person/people. yes the game has changed a lot its more direct now, but doesnt take anything away from how the top players use to play if anything it enhances it imo. being able to play in so many different styles and effectively. not many people can actually do that still. and if they can not the standard as previous 'eras'
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 pm

The best back then has nothing on the best now. They can still give everyone a run for their money and win, but they won't be able to comsistently outplay a top player now. For example, there are a few good shooters but in my opinion meph still trumps them all, but that doesn't mean he is the best because of a skill. It's all about all-round ability, everyone is attack focused, but the few top players i see also has a great defensive mind. (Sorry chris) but players like you for example, really good, but you make it easy for the opposition to win regardless of how good you attack and goalkeep which is also what most players are like these days. Not saying I know best because the simplicity of this game always invites new and better ways to do things (which i still believe is possible) but soon a new phase will catch on and the standard will
Improve again (maybe)

As for the US thing, EU really does walk all over you guys, except for the few pie is relating to like steve, anime etc mario was also quite good
Image
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
User avatar
Viceroy of Code Geass
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm
PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Re: My journey to 2000 nears its end.

Postby Aceofspades on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Cougar wrote:I don't think it'e fair to say the old greats of the game were definitively better in their prime than any of us were in ours. They were relatively better, no doubt. In his day, Mario or anime or kmta, whoever you want to use, was the best or one of the best at their peak performance. But the game has changed to being much more aerial and wall-oriented. Now we're basically making ceiling shots. Wall shots are nothing special. The standard aerial has become commonplace and often forgettable, and the things that were impressive, unusual, and made these players good are easier to come by now.

In their era, they were gods. If you teleported their play (even at their peak) to present-day SARPBC, they would be good but not the best. I don't think the argument that our current generation of players is bad is accurate; I think it's safer to say that the overall level of play has risen, so the stars shine a little less brightly. :)

No. WarGOD was a God.

Dribbling has never gotten old.
Aceofspades
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: I live in the afterlife
PSN ID: Champagne Papi
Region: US & EU

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments and Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest