Community tournament?

Discuss any and all tournaments and challenges here!

Community tournament?

Postby -sturmgeist- on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:38 am

Is there such a thing? And if not, should we make one? It doesn't strike me as something too difficult to get sorted. We could play it over the space of a month or so, and we could either make teams or do it as some sort of draft session. Somebody with a strong computer who can handle lots of technical stuff can probably stream it for us.

It's just an idea, and I think it could be fun. If it is successful, I would happily run another one. I am happy to do some admin on this. You guys should let me know if you think it's a good idea, and if something like this already exists then I suppose I've enjoyed exercising my fingers typing it all out.
-sturmgeist-
Acrobatic

Steam ID: -sturmgeist-
Region: United Kingdom

Re: Community tournament?

Postby Midremit on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:58 am

-sturmgeist- wrote:Is there such a thing? And if not, should we make one? It doesn't strike me as something too difficult to get sorted. We could play it over the space of a month or so, and we could either make teams or do it as some sort of draft session. Somebody with a strong computer who can handle lots of technical stuff can probably stream it for us.

It's just an idea, and I think it could be fun. If it is successful, I would happily run another one. I am happy to do some admin on this. You guys should let me know if you think it's a good idea, and if something like this already exists then I suppose I've enjoyed exercising my fingers typing it all out.

You might need to post this in the RL section if you want some replies :)
Or are you really trying to organise a sarpbc community tournament at this point in time?
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby -sturmgeist- on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:08 am

Midremit wrote:
-sturmgeist- wrote:Is there such a thing? And if not, should we make one? It doesn't strike me as something too difficult to get sorted. We could play it over the space of a month or so, and we could either make teams or do it as some sort of draft session. Somebody with a strong computer who can handle lots of technical stuff can probably stream it for us.

Or are you really trying to organise a sarpbc community tournament at this point in time?

The former and not the latter. What a muppet I am. Thanks for calling this out.
-sturmgeist-
Acrobatic

Steam ID: -sturmgeist-
Region: United Kingdom

Postby Midremit on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:20 am

-sturmgeist- wrote:
Midremit wrote:

The former and not the latter. What a muppet I am. Thanks for calling this out.

You're welcome.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Midremit wrote:Or are you really trying to organise a sarpbc community tournament at this point in time?

I see no reason not to!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby Midremit on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:06 pm

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:Or are you really trying to organise a sarpbc community tournament at this point in time?

I see no reason not to!

Heh, go ahead, I'm in!
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Midremit wrote:Heh, go ahead, I'm in!

!

Will take lots of preparations. Also planning to stream it for those interested in SARPBC.

On a side note, Batibou would probably win!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:17 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:Heh, go ahead, I'm in!

!

Will take lots of preparations. Also planning to stream it for those interested in SARPBC.

On a side note, Batibou would probably win!

Nah, that would be me2905. Played against him and psyaer with rhoyaa for 3 hours straight.
Pace was unreal at times, I never expected it to happen again/so quick!

lLord_whitel is another great player emerging...
Sarpbc becoming alive again :D

Sorry sturm, we've hijacked your post!
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Midremit wrote:Nah, that would be me2905. Played against him and psyaer with rhoyaa for 3 hours straight.
Pace was unreal at times, I never expected it to happen again/so quick!

lLord_whitel is another great player emerging...
Sarpbc becoming alive again :D

Sorry sturm, we've hijacked your post!

This is a SARP thread now

:backfire: :aftershock: :marauder: :renegade: :octane: :scarab: :zippy:

Tolis is still the best of them all!

And there are indeed many rising stars now. The funny thing is that many of them came from RL.

And forgot that there is no spectator mode in SARP. Plans ruined!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Return to Tournaments and Challenges