Free play mode

Post your suggestions for improving the game!

Free play mode

Postby TheGreatGambit on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:03 pm

BC2 should have some way of letting players explore and play around on the outside of the map without having to glitch out (if the ability to glitch out even exists in the new game). Considering the hours spent screwing around on Utopia, I think this mode would see a lot of play time for the minimal effort that would be required to create it. This is a basic idea of how it would work, although there could also be a way to change some of the settings:

There is some way to escape the map (for the map in the screenshot it would be as simple as removing the glass)

There is no time limit, and instead the timer counts up from 0:00 indefinitely

After a player scores the ball respawns, but nothing else happens (score is still kept just for fun)

Cars aren't able to demolish each other

Variations of this could also be used for Crash Course type gameplay or to just play a regular game of soccer without the surrounding glass.
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Re: Free play mode

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote:After a player scores the ball respawns, but nothing else happens

Although i'll probably be the only one, I actually wouldn't mind a game mode that Incorporated this. Might be quite fun and tactical to know when you are beaten and camp by KO for ball to appear, and would encourage more long shots, so you will be your side of the pitch when the ball goes in. I think that could be quite fun to play now and then. :lol:
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Postby aiden91 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 pm

The only fun part of being outside of utopia was getting out.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:47 pm

get some levolution going on. lol jokes, i have an epic idea that would include this idea but would take ages to make id imagine, its the same kind of idea to modnation racers layout whne you first join the game and it throws you into that area you can roam in but my idea also adds in a lot more of the sarpbc features like the editor, spectating,ranked unranked bla bla
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Postby Tommykrem on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:07 pm

At the very least, it could be fun with a really gigantic level. For a limited time, at least.
Tommykrem
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Tommykrem
Steam ID: SirToby

Postby NY11725 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:08 am

I remember when the Utopia glitch was discovered. It made me play Utopia as I never did, and still don't. If I'm in a match, and it goes Urban, Wasteland, I can already tell no one is voting, so after Wasteland, it goes Utopia, and I usually leave and join another game :mrgreen:. I rather just rotate between Urban and Stadium as they're the best.
•© NY11725 •©

Ryan094 wrote:I act like a 5 year old

Ryan094 wrote:I have no life... :cheesygrin:

Ryan094 wrote:Oh my god, I'm so incredibly stupid. :lol:
NY11725
Jeutron
Jeutron

PSN ID: NY11725

Postby Eriquo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:08 pm

NY11725 wrote:I remember when the Utopia glitch was discovered. It made me play Utopia as I never did, and still don't. If I'm in a match, and it goes Urban, Wasteland, I can already tell no one is voting, so after Wasteland, it goes Utopia, and I usually leave and join another game :mrgreen:. I rather just rotate between Urban and Stadium as they're the best.

This is why I'd always pick Utopia in tournaments (and win those games 90% of the time).
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Eriquo wrote:
NY11725 wrote:I remember when the Utopia glitch was discovered. It made me play Utopia as I never did, and still don't. If I'm in a match, and it goes Urban, Wasteland, I can already tell no one is voting, so after Wasteland, it goes Utopia, and I usually leave and join another game :mrgreen:. I rather just rotate between Urban and Stadium as they're the best.

This is why I'd always pick Utopia in tournaments (and win those games 90% of the time).

same, my win rate on utopia across my time in tournaments has been pretty high.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby NY11725 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Eriquo wrote:

cool :mrgreen:

oneill_clan wrote:
Eriquo wrote:

same, my win rate on utopia across my time in tournaments has been pretty high.

coolio :mrgreen:
•© NY11725 •©

Ryan094 wrote:I act like a 5 year old

Ryan094 wrote:I have no life... :cheesygrin:

Ryan094 wrote:Oh my god, I'm so incredibly stupid. :lol:
NY11725
Jeutron
Jeutron

PSN ID: NY11725

Return to Suggestions