Demo Or Beta

Post your suggestions for improving the game!

Demo Or Beta

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Maybe if you can, putting a demo on the ps4 could lead Battle Cars 2 to one of the most popular games. ATM people are downloading demos for the ps4 because they can only play from like 10 ps4 games, so the demos are very popular. If there is any possible way to release a demo or something like that by at least march, I think a lot of people would love Battle Cars 2. I'm not sure how these things are done, if it cannot be done, please don't laugh at me :lol:
Image
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm
PSN ID: Devious-Dolphin
Region: US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:05 am

If you we're to start on a demo, how long would it take?
Image
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm
PSN ID: Devious-Dolphin
Region: US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

Devious-Dolphin wrote:If you we're to start on a demo, how long would it take?


at least may i think
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby aiden91 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:06 pm

please stop making topics, you have good intentions but they just aren't needed.

This is common sense, do you think Psyonix are stupid or don't know how to market their game?

yes, PS4 would be nice. They've already said, its not being aimed for there yet. PC first and that's not even being released till Feb at the earliest.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Tommykrem on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:23 pm

aiden91 wrote:please stop making topics, you have good intentions but they just aren't needed.


Strictly speaking, I guess the topic isn't needed in any serious sense. However, I'd imagine a good way to rejuvenate the forums, would be to set a low threshold for creating topics and writing comments. Without having been active here a long time myself, I'd love to see a little more life - and I certainly wouldn't concern myself with any overflow of these kinds of threads quite yet.

Anyway, to adress the topic:
I see your point, and I'm sure there are many games that would benefit greatly from releasing early on PS4, but seeing how Psyonix is targetting February for the alpha version on PC, and given the reasons they're releasing it on PC in the first place, I think it'd be very difficult for Psyonix to make this happen. It's worth noting that games that are already finished on PC, that have been in development for PS4 for a while, are taking their sweet time. Don't Starve, for instance.
Image
Tommykrem
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am
PSN ID: Tommykrem
Steam ID: SirToby
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:23 pm

aiden91 wrote:please stop making topics, you have good intentions but they just aren't needed.



I have to agree with this tbh, i mean yeah i'm usually one of first to reply on dd's threads because i just like responding to things on here lol, but most of them are a bit un-needed or have already been previously mentioned OR just silly (sarpbc vines) :dork:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby aiden91 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Tommykrem wrote:
aiden91 wrote:please stop making topics, you have good intentions but they just aren't needed.


Strictly speaking, I guess the topic isn't needed in any serious sense. However, I'd imagine a good way to rejuvenate the forums, would be to set a low threshold for creating topics and writing comments. Without having been active here a long time myself, I'd love to see a little more life - and I certainly wouldn't concern myself with any overflow of these kinds of threads quite yet.



We do not need a lot of threads with 1-2 responses. Ones that create dialogue between large groups are good, this is not one of those.

I like to see people excited, but creating topics for every little thing that pops into their head gets annoying when you only visit the forum a couple of times a week and see something new, with no real point to it because its so obvious even a small child, or ace, could have thought of it.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Tommykrem on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:26 pm

aiden91 wrote:We do not need a lot of threads with 1-2 responses. Ones that create dialogue between large groups are good, this is not one of those.


Each to his own, I suppose. I'd rather prioritize cutting down on frivolous topics when the alternative isn't dead-silence. Personally, I think it'd be more annoying if I visited the forum a few times a week and didn't see something new. As long as it's not breaking forum rules, I think people could vent their thoughts even if the thoughts aren't that interesting to everyone, or anyone. Of course, if one particular user does it a lot, then I'd maybe agree to ask them to cool down the posting a little bit.

Also, it's not like the topic is THAT silly. Doesn't seem like a given that people have insight in the workings of porting games and releasing it on a new system, even though "read before posting" is a good guideline.

oneill_clan wrote:have to agree with this tbh, i mean yeah i'm usually one of first to reply on dd's threads because i just like responding to things on here lol, but most of them are a bit un-needed or have already been previously mentioned OR just silly


I also like responding to things. That's half the the idea of a forum to begin with. If something has been mentioned previously, then yes, the best thing would be to just post a link to the previous thread and for moderators to close the topic, but if not, then I think it's all right.

Anyway, didn't mean to start a big debate or anything, and don't worry, I won't make this into a new topic ;)
Image
Tommykrem
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am
PSN ID: Tommykrem
Steam ID: SirToby
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Tommykrem wrote:I also like responding to things. That's half the the idea of a forum to begin with. If something has been mentioned previously, then yes, the best thing would be to just post a link to the previous thread and for moderators to close the topic, but if not, then I think it's all right.

Anyway, didn't mean to start a big debate or anything, and don't worry, I won't make this into a new topic ;)


We are normal forumers though we don't want to go out the way to just link a previous thread for people to then repost in. and its not even that in previous ones dd has said 'i know this has been mentioned before but i want to repost anyways' i have even done it myself, but not repetitively. its not trying to debate or argue its just our PoV that he is posting needless things more regualarly than before.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Tommykrem on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:05 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
We are normal forumers though we don't want to go out the way to just link a previous thread for people to then repost in. and its not even that in previous ones dd has said 'i know this has been mentioned before but i want to repost anyways' i have even done it myself, but not repetitively. its not trying to debate or argue its just our PoV that he is posting needless things more regualarly than before.


I don't think posting a link is that much more "going out of the way" than telling OP to stop making new topics. But yeah, as I said, if it has been posted before, then I'm against it. It wasn't my understanding that that was the case for this topic, though. My point however, is this: Forums where the activity level is as "manageable" as it is now, should prioritize raising the activity. Telling people to not post topics because they posted something frivolous, is the exact opposite of that. I don't quite see how seeing a topic that's not ninteresting pop up every now and then is such a bad thing, particularly when it's not overshadowing other, more interesting posts. But again, I'm sure everyone has their preference.
Image
Tommykrem
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am
PSN ID: Tommykrem
Steam ID: SirToby
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Tommykrem wrote:
I don't think posting a link is that much more "going out of the way" than telling OP to stop making new topics.


But id need to go out my way in order to get the link by having to go find the thread on the forum? And the fact of random ones likes this are okay, but im trying to say what aiden has commented on is because its the same 1 person making these threads it isnt across like different people. theres no need to get defensive i am saying from my own experiences that i can relate to what aiden has commented on and thats where we differ because you are new so to you this is 'quite active' but to us its not that active at all so for you these threads might be 'now and then' but to us it feels a lot more regular as to us these forums are a lot less active than we use to know.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Devious-Dolphin on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

So you guys want me to reuse my topics? Does that make a difference? Or do you want me to just stop making topics? I just don't know what you guys want. But hey, I'll make a topic tomorrow that everyone would love. How's that for a change?
Image
Devious-Dolphin
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm
PSN ID: Devious-Dolphin
Region: US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Devious-Dolphin wrote:So you guys want me to reuse my topics? Does that make a difference? Or do you want me to just stop making topics? I just don't know what you guys want. But hey, I'll make a topic tomorrow that everyone would love. How's that for a change?



what i am trying to say is if you want to make a topic that you know has already been brought up, go find it and use that thread since its for the same thing, as for your random topics, its the internet and its freedom of speech, but personally just don't think you should 'fill space' because you got bored or because no one had posted anything for a while.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Hot Koolaid on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Tommykrem wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:
We are normal forumers though we don't want to go out the way to just link a previous thread for people to then repost in. and its not even that in previous ones dd has said 'i know this has been mentioned before but i want to repost anyways' i have even done it myself, but not repetitively. its not trying to debate or argue its just our PoV that he is posting needless things more regualarly than before.


I don't think posting a link is that much more "going out of the way" than telling OP to stop making new topics. But yeah, as I said, if it has been posted before, then I'm against it. It wasn't my understanding that that was the case for this topic, though. My point however, is this: Forums where the activity level is as "manageable" as it is now, should prioritize raising the activity. Telling people to not post topics because they posted something frivolous, is the exact opposite of that. I don't quite see how seeing a topic that's not ninteresting pop up every now and then is such a bad thing, particularly when it's not overshadowing other, more interesting posts. But again, I'm sure everyone has their preference.


I agree with this, and as oneill clan stated, we are all normal forumers, which means that none of us no matter how important we think we are, should be telling other people not to post. it doesn't matter how much of your life you spend on this forum, you don't run the place.
Image
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:I agree with this, and as oneill clan stated, we are all normal forumers, which means that none of us no matter how important we think we are, should be telling other people not to post. it doesn't matter how much of your life you spend on this forum, you don't run the place.


were not trying to run the place or telling him not to post lol we are advising him that the topics are unnecessary some of the time and that their isn't any need to make a new thread about something if it has already been made not so long ago.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Hot Koolaid on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:51 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
Hot Koolaid wrote:I agree with this, and as oneill clan stated, we are all normal forumers, which means that none of us no matter how important we think we are, should be telling other people not to post. it doesn't matter how much of your life you spend on this forum, you don't run the place.


were not trying to run the place or telling him not to post lol we are advising him that the topics are unnecessary some of the time and that their isn't any need to make a new thread about something if it has already been made not so long ago.


aiden91 wrote:please stop making topics
Image
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Tommykrem on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:29 am

oneill_clan wrote:But id need to go out my way in order to get the link by having to go find the thread on the forum?

Never actually said that you needed to do that. Said that it'd be the best thing to do. Also, this being an old thread is not the case, so that whole line of conversation is kind of missing the point.

oneill_clan wrote:And the fact of random ones likes this are okay, but im trying to say what aiden has commented on is because its the same 1 person making these threads it isnt across like different people.

If random posts like this one are okay (which I think they should be), then it'd be better to ask op to ease up on the posting when he posts something that isn't ok. Does it matter that much who posts, as long as it's okay?

oneill_clan wrote:were not trying to run the place or telling him not to post

That last thing is kind of what happened though...
Image
Tommykrem
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am
PSN ID: Tommykrem
Steam ID: SirToby
Region: EU

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby Wrong_Way_Woody on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 am

I personally like DD posting a few threads now & then. I used to come on here quite a few times a day, but as activity died I only came on once a day, and even still found 'no new posts' some times. Now DD is posting more threads, I have come a bit more active on here again, as there are actually posts to read now. I don't really care how irrelevant they are, to me it's just something to read. :lol: If it wasn't for DD's threads, I probably wouldn't be posting now, as I would just assume nothing new has been posted, so there is no point coming on here.

I'll admit the SARPBC 2 updates threads have made me visit more, but DD has still made me visit here more frequently
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

Wrong_Way_Woody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
http://imgur.com/a/S6tMO
Wrong_Way_Woody
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Englands my City
PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: All Regions

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby aiden91 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 am

Just on the freedom of speech thing, in Ireland we actually don't have that in our law, not sure about the England or Scotland or the likes.

thats all i have to say, this has gotten boring.
Image
aiden91
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 8669
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am
Region: EU/US

Re: Demo Or Beta

Postby oneill_clan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:01 am

Tommykrem wrote:If random posts like this one are okay (which I think they should be), then it'd be better to ask op to ease up on the posting when he posts something that isn't ok. Does it matter that much who posts, as long as it's okay?

thats just like say your friend was repetitively saying/doing something and it was already said or it was already done the more they do it the more your going to get annoyed/fed up of hearing it from them, that is the kind of situation here. Iv saw the topics all before and seeing them all again and again is just unnecessary even where he has said himself he knows they were previously made.

oneill_clan wrote:were not trying to run the place or telling him not to post

That last thing is kind of what happened though...[/quote]

I never said to him 'you can't post on these forums' I am not going to stop someone from posting i was advising him quite clearly actually on if he is going to post topics already been brought up then he should go find that topic that is already been created and then post in there.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 am
Location: Glasgow
PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan
Region: EU

Next

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest