SARPBC2 Ideas?

Post your suggestions for improving the game!

SARPBC2 Ideas?

Postby HjPoole on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Anybody else like there ideas?
Customisable cars, with upgrades, stats, and levelling up for each vehicle
More detailed stats like how many goals with each car etc etc
3v3 teams, red, blue and green team
hardcore mode, with freekicks, so youve got to be extra careful not to foul

some are abit optimistic but no harm in hoping for SARPBC2! Thoughts?
HjPoole
Supersonic

PSN ID: HP4-
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC2 Ideas?

Postby Eriquo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:45 pm

like I said in a diffferent suggestions thread, this isn't fifa. There are no fouls, and freekicks would be useless. How often does somebody score on a shot with a goalie waiting in net?
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby oneill_clan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Eriquo wrote:like I said in a diffferent suggestions thread, this isn't fifa. There are no fouls, and freekicks would be useless. How often does somebody score on a shot with a goalie waiting in net?

quite often if sfex is in the game.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby XxhyperAdrian on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 pm

I think that SARPBC2 won't be as good as original SARPBC. Because it always happens that companies add so many things to sequels, that it becomes overwhelming and loses the first intention of the game. For example SARPBC, we like it because it's simplistic yet we can do much with it. But then with SARPBC2 you get freekicks and fouls, car stats and such, it's like if they're trying to hard to make it fun; car customization and mutators are great, but different car stats will lead to some guy having an unfair advantage over everyone or some cheater with an overpowered car whilst fouls&freekicks will only take away the fun of hitting your team mate or taking out the goalie when you're having fun. If SARPBC2 attracts a large audience, hopefully some of them will go to SARPBC1 and see if they prefer the simple version or the one with so much new stuff in it. :roll:
XxhyperAdrian
Acrobatic

PSN ID: XxhyperAdrianxX
Region: US, EU not working for me

Postby Eriquo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 pm

I never understood the obsession with adding free kicks to this game. SARP has always been way more like ball hockey than soccer.
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby LinkinBoy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:59 am

Just to remind you what the customization will be like:
(Yeah I know, I've posted this here before)
LinkinBoy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: LinkinBoy
Steam ID: Linkuru.

Postby BC4LIFE on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 am

LinkinBoy wrote:Just to remind you what the customization will be like:
(Yeah I know, I've posted this here before)

That was a nice video, nice editing :)

I will upgrade the quality of my sig soon.
BC4LIFE
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: RCmies

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:30 am

You should have edited your montage as well as this and it might have been watchable. But i like the idea of it, i dont want it to obviously look like that though as it would be a bit ugly. but im sure proper designers would be able to smooth it out really well
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby LinkinBoy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 am

oneill_clan wrote:You should have edited your montage as well as this and it might have been watchable. But i like the idea of it, i dont want it to obviously look like that though as it would be a bit ugly. but im sure proper designers would be able to smooth it out really well

Which montage are you talking about? I'm going to make a new one soon. It'll be better than all my earlier crappy montages.
LinkinBoy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Zied11 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 am

XxhyperAdrian wrote:I think that SARPBC2 won't be as good as original SARPBC. Because it always happens that companies add so many things to sequels, that it becomes overwhelming and loses the first intention of the game. For example SARPBC, we like it because it's simplistic yet we can do much with it. But then with SARPBC2 you get freekicks and fouls, car stats and such, it's like if they're trying to hard to make it fun; car customization and mutators are great, but different car stats will lead to some guy having an unfair advantage over everyone or some cheater with an overpowered car whilst fouls&freekicks will only take away the fun of hitting your team mate or taking out the goalie when you're having fun. If SARPBC2 attracts a large audience, hopefully some of them will go to SARPBC1 and see if they prefer the simple version or the one with so much new stuff in it. :roll:

Psyonix said that the will be a gamemode where you can play classic SARBC. Therefore, I totally agree.. They need to focus on the basics and try to make SARPBC 2 better than the first.
We are all excited for SARBPC 2, but I just ask for more maps and more variety + SARPBC 1.
Steam ID: Sonnix PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Zied11
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Steam ID: Sonnix

Postby TheGreatGambit on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:07 am

Zied11 wrote:
XxhyperAdrian wrote:I think that SARPBC2 won't be as good as original SARPBC. Because it always happens that companies add so many things to sequels, that it becomes overwhelming and loses the first intention of the game. For example SARPBC, we like it because it's simplistic yet we can do much with it. But then with SARPBC2 you get freekicks and fouls, car stats and such, it's like if they're trying to hard to make it fun; car customization and mutators are great, but different car stats will lead to some guy having an unfair advantage over everyone or some cheater with an overpowered car whilst fouls&freekicks will only take away the fun of hitting your team mate or taking out the goalie when you're having fun. If SARPBC2 attracts a large audience, hopefully some of them will go to SARPBC1 and see if they prefer the simple version or the one with so much new stuff in it. :roll:

Psyonix said that the will be a gamemode where you can play classic SARBC.

When did they say that?
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Gambit
Region: US

Postby aiden91 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:57 pm

They've said that you'll always be able to play classic battlecars.

Its fine saying that, its another thing making it play the same. ;)
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:09 pm

LinkinBoy wrote:
oneill_clan wrote:You should have edited your montage as well as this and it might have been watchable. But i like the idea of it, i dont want it to obviously look like that though as it would be a bit ugly. but im sure proper designers would be able to smooth it out really well

Which montage are you talking about? I'm going to make a new one soon. It'll be better than all my earlier crappy montages.

that freestyle one you threw together like a few weeks back
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote:
Zied11 wrote:

Psyonix said that the will be a gamemode where you can play classic SARBC.

When did they say that?

Yeah i think iv missed them say that. Or he see's people post those unrealistic ideas and assumed they where happening. Before i was all for having and sharing tonnes of ideas but the closer it gets the more i feel id rather just give my feedback directly from playing & not just base it on what i wish it to be like. Us as a community have a opportunity to add to and fine tune a game we so dearly love. Psyonix are for trying to make what we want so it is only us that can really mess it up by what we demand be added and how it looks/feels/moves etc.
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby TheGreatGambit on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm pretty sure they just meant that if they ever added any significantly different game modes (eg the original concept for the game), there would always still be a car soccer mode, not that it would necessarily play exactly the same as the first game.
TheGreatGambit

Postby aiden91 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:29 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote:I'm pretty sure they just meant that if they ever added any significantly different game modes (eg the original concept for the game), there would always still be a car soccer mode, not that it would necessarily play exactly the same as the first game.

that is what he had said. What i said(or implied) was that i think its perfect as it is. no need to play with the dynamics. This talk of curve and dip is not required, its not Fifa we're playing.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby LinkinBoy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:39 pm

oneill_clan wrote:
LinkinBoy wrote:

that freestyle one you threw together like a few weeks back

Oh, silly you! :laugh: That montage was a joke and the bad editing was intentional. Wasn't it kinda obvious?
LinkinBoy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby oneill_clan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

In all honesty i was sure you where pretty serious about 'Making freestyles more acceptable' :lol: :lol:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Zied11 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:20 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9263&start=580#p190981

Re: Battle-Cars 2

Postby Psyonix-Dave on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 am
Ok, here is what we're prepared to announce about Battle-Cars 2...

If you've been following along you know about our focus on building a living game - one that we continually update and add features as long as there is a continued interest in the game. The key to this strategy is building a strong community around the game, and building it early on. So we have come up with this plan of action to achieve that goal...

We develop what we call a Minimum Viable Product. Basically it's an Alpha version that has the minimum content needed to allow people to play in online matches and give us feedback.
We release this Alpha version on PC...possibly Steam but could be a website download.
The Alpha will be FREE because we want to encourage a large community.
We take your feedback into account and start making updates, adding features as fast as we can build them.

The reason for PC is that we can make updates whenever we want (consoles require a costly certification step). This DOES NOT mean it won't be on console eventually but games are developed on PC first anyway and consoles don't support Alpha release programs. I can confirm that we are NOT going to be a launch title for PS4 though.

Ok, so now on to the really fun stuff. Here are some of the major features we have in the pipe...

* Dedicated server support: This will remove any host advantage and improve lag, matchmaking, and stat tracking

* Mutators: This is a very cool system designed to allow alteration the normal game in a lot of ways. For instance there might be a whole set of Ball Mutators such as "Cube Ball" or "Big Ball" and other sets that allow things like "Large Goals" or changing the scoring mechanic. We have tons of ideas for these.

* Vastly improved matchmaking system: Given the mutator system we need a robust matchmaking system that makes it easy to find games but also to filter out mutated games you may or may not want to play. You will ALWAYS be able to play pure Battle-Cars however.

* Car customization: I can't say much about this yet but you will be able to customize your car.

* In-Game Tournament support: The game will support tournaments natively. Psyonix can define these but we may be able to add support for players to create them as well.

As always, Psyonix is a bootstrapped company. We try to fund our own projects by doing work-for-hire. A lot of the effort so far has been in people's free time. The good news is we may be getting to a point where we have more free resources available and the even bigger news is that the game is already very playable. We've still got plenty of work to do to get an Alpha candidate ready however. I'll be updating you as soon as we have some idea of when it will be released.

I found it, that's what I meant.
Steam ID: Sonnix PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Zied11
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Steam ID: Sonnix

Postby TheGreatGambit on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 am

Eriquo wrote:I never understood the obsession with adding free kicks to this game.

Probably due to the misconception that hitting other players is somehow unfair or against the rules
TheGreatGambit

Next

Return to Suggestions