SARPBC2 Name-Storm!

Post your suggestions for improving the game!

Re: SARPBC2 Name-Storm!

Postby coolcole93 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am

Ryan094 wrote:I'm gonna put another vote in for my Supersonic Car Ball (Scarball) suggestion. It does everything you want and that acronym is awesome.

That is my second favourite title so far, after SARPBC 2.[/quote]

mikhd002 wrote:I like it too.

So it's settled! Psyonix, I officially give you the rights to the name :P
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93
Region: EU

Postby VivaEmptiness on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 am

Psyonix-Corey wrote:Battle-Cars ultimately doesn't sound like a car sport, it sounds like a deathmatch Twisted Metal game to a lot of people hearing about the game.

SocCar on the other hand is kind of weird, NA-centric (since it's only soccer here), and if we ever expanded into other game modes it might be unnecessarily restrictive.

Ideally, the name would:
- Quickly and simply communicate that it's a game about car "sports". If we expanded into other modes later those could fit under that umbrella.
- Have a decent acronym =p
- Be usable in a sentence without getting odd looks

Are you looking to go down the route of making it sound like an established sports body, like say, NBA? That I assume would make it a little more marketable in the US at least.. For example; Car Soccer Federation (CSF). This would be quite easy to make a recognisable logo for too. I guess you could give it a subtitle or something, CSF: LIVE! (lol), this also allows for it (CSF for example) being the umbrella so to speak. I don't think the word Supersonic fits very well into this kind of thing unfortunately, though. Again, if this was the case, we still have the issue of tying it in with the original in some way. Dare I say, perhaps a fresh slate?
ImageImageImage
VivaEmptiness
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: VivaEmptiness
Steam ID: VivaEmptiness

Postby IdleHacker on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

Psyonix-Corey wrote:Battle-Cars ultimately doesn't sound like a car sport, it sounds like a deathmatch Twisted Metal game to a lot of people hearing about the game.

SocCar on the other hand is kind of weird, NA-centric (since it's only soccer here), and if we ever expanded into other game modes it might be unnecessarily restrictive.

Ideally, the name would:
- Quickly and simply communicate that it's a game about car "sports". If we expanded into other modes later those could fit under that umbrella.

Aerial Car Recreational Olympic Ball (ACROBall)
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. - Benjamin Franklin
Integrity has no need of rules. - Albert Camus

Helpful links - Rocket League FAQ - Forum Icon legend
IdleHacker
ARC Beta Tester
ARC Beta Tester

PSN ID: IdleHacker
Steam ID: jeff_carter
Region: US

Postby mikhd002 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

IdleHacker wrote:

Ideally, the name would:

Aerial Car Recreational Olympic Ball (ACROBall)

Barrel Rolling Acrobatic Car Epic Sports

BRACES :D

If anyone takes this idea seriously I'll be surprised
made by el-trickser
mikhd002
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: mikhd002
Steam ID: mikhd002

Postby Psyonix-Corey on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 pm

VivaEmptiness wrote:Again, if this was the case, we still have the issue of tying it in with the original in some way. Dare I say, perhaps a fresh slate?

The advantage of a small, hardcore community like you guys, in my opinion, is that we could name it "Kitten Petting Simulator 2014" and the whole community would know it was the sequel and try to play it. It's a luxury to have the option of changing the name and feel like the playerbase will be informed enough to know what's up regardless.

A "league name" like you mention would make a ton of sense both for accessibility and for overall branding, but we've yet to come up with a good name (World Battlecar League - WBL - was tossed around a bit a few years ago, but didn't gain much traction internally).
Psyonix-Corey
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: psyonix-corey
Steam ID: Corey

Postby coolcole93 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 am

Psyonix-Corey wrote:
VivaEmptiness wrote:Again, if this was the case, we still have the issue of tying it in with the original in some way. Dare I say, perhaps a fresh slate?

The advantage of a small, hardcore community like you guys, in my opinion, is that we could name it "Kitten Petting Simulator 2014" and the whole community would know it was the sequel and try to play it. It's a luxury to have the option of changing the name and feel like the playerbase will be informed enough to know what's up regardless.

A "league name" like you mention would make a ton of sense both for accessibility and for overall branding, but we've yet to come up with a good name (World Battlecar League - WBL - was tossed around a bit a few years ago, but didn't gain much traction internally).

Scarball.
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

Postby Ryan094 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 am

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars 2: The Legend of The Blue Zippy and The Curse of The Renegade Ruby (Collectors Edition) PS3 WITH FREE POSTER + COLLECTOR'S TIN AND DOUBLE XP WEEKEND LIMITED TIME ONLY INCLUDES FREE COPY OF SUPERSONIC ACROBATIC ROCKET-POWERED BATTLE-CARS 1 £19.99

Rolls off the tongue nicely. 8-)
Ryan094
Captain Sparkle
Captain Sparkle

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee

Postby IdleHacker on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 am

Psyonix-Corey wrote:

OMG, I can't wait to play Kitten Petting Simlulator 2014! Just wish it was 2013 :evil:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. - Benjamin Franklin

IdleHacker
ARC Beta Tester
ARC Beta Tester

Postby Nieza on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 am

Aerial-Advanced Battle-Cars Ball-Assault ... I could get used to Kitten Petting Simulator. :lol:
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby IdleHacker on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 am

Nieza wrote:Aerial-Advanced Battle-Cars Ball-Assault ... I could get used to Kitten Petting Simulator. :lol:

I was really hoping you were going to use the acronym ABACABB. (and really hope that people know what that is from or I will feel old)

IdleHacker
ARC Beta Tester
ARC Beta Tester

Postby el-trickser on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 am

IdleHacker wrote:
Nieza wrote:Aerial-Advanced Battle-Cars Ball-Assault ... I could get used to Kitten Petting Simulator. :lol:

I was really hoping you were going to use the acronym ABACABB. (and really hope that people know what that is from or I will feel old)

i see ACAB in it, i know what that means ;)
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby Nieza on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:22 pm

IdleHacker wrote:

I'm afraid I don't have a clue... :lol:
I would still just call it Battle-Cars. :P
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby Hot Koolaid on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:26 pm

IdleHacker wrote:

Isn't it like a cheat code for some game, like GTA or something?
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby TheGreatGambit on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:01 pm

It's the code to enable blood in Mortal Kombat. GTA was never released on a console with a "C" button :lol:
TheGreatGambit
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Gambit

Postby IdleHacker on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:50 pm

TheGreatGambit wrote:It's the code to enable blood in Mortal Kombat. GTA was never released on a console with a "C" button :lol:

Winner!

IdleHacker
ARC Beta Tester
ARC Beta Tester

Postby VivaEmptiness on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Psyonix-Corey wrote:

Cheers for the reply! At least this gives us some idea of what you might be going for ideas-generation-wise, so we can get on it! I say we, I forgot how non-constructive the internets are..

Come on guys! Any serious league names? I think it would be awesome if we had a hand in re-branding our favourite game (hence the topic lol).

P.S. If you made Supersonic Kitten Petting Simulator 2014, I'd buy it. I think the speed of the kittens would add to the challenge. Perhaps that for Kickstarter? That sounds like the kind of indie-game-jam game which gets funded all the time.. plus insta-Steam!
ImageImageImage
VivaEmptiness
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: VivaEmptiness
Steam ID: VivaEmptiness

Postby coolcole93 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Supersonic Carball League 2014. :cheesygrin:
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 pm

coolcole93 wrote:Supersonic Carball League 2014. :cheesygrin:

That would give it an outdated feel, putting it like 2080 would make it futuristic :D
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby Sesame78 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:23 am

I will suggest two words that sound good together and resume the car fighting spirit of this game I think, Arena Car or Car Arena. We can mix this words and do Arena Car Football or Arena Car Soccer or Car Arena Rocked Soccer or something else who sounds better.
Sesame78
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Sesame78
Region: France

Postby The_deceased on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 am

Sesame78 wrote:I will suggest two words that sound good together and resume the car fighting spirit of this game I think, Arena Car or Car Arena. We can mix this words and do Arena Car Football or Arena Car Soccer or Car Arena Rocked Soccer or something else who sounds better.

I like the use of the word arena. I would also like to suggest "sphere" since that all maps are spherical in shape.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions