SARPBC 2-Improvements/Freestyle discussion/Whatever, really.

Post your suggestions for improving the game!

SARPBC 2-Improvements/Freestyle discussion/Whatever, really.

Postby PureVilla on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 pm

There are a few topics like this but I wasn't sure how active they were so I created another.

So recently I have been thinking about what Psyonix could do to improve the game for SARP2. The gameplay is more or less spot on, which is why so many people still play it after years. So the only way they could really improve is by adding more features; new maps, new game modes and improving matchmaking. However people have already came up with new and inventive ways to make the game more fun, such as making their own game types. For instance one of my favourites is "Ping Pong"(very similar to the 'Territories' mini game), where the rules more or less are no going onto the opponents side, unless its by aerialling and as soon as you land, you return to your side and so on. If games like this were taken and made as a feature for the game; in my opinion, it would make the game even better than it already is.

An idea that would encorporate this idea is "Online Minigames". Where not only can you play mini games offline to unlock cars, you can also play fun games with friends. I think this would attract many SARP fans! Depending on how far it could be taken, there could be a seperate leaderboard for this.

Anyway they were just a few ideas I have thought up. Do they have potential?
PureVilla
Acrobatic

PSN ID: PureVilla
Region: EU

Re: SARPBC 2-Potential Improvement Ideas

Postby el-trickser on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:42 pm

this was mentioned many times already
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Re: SARPBC 2-Potential Improvement Idea

Postby PureVilla on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 am

el-trickser wrote:this was mentioned many times already

Wow lol. Twice this has happened, is there anyway of searching for a topic?
Hmm if it has been mentioned many times I wonder if they're considering it..
PureVilla
Acrobatic

Postby oneill_clan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 am

Who was it that made the idea of ping pong again? :mrgreen:
Fantastic person whoever it was :P

And tbh id prefer the gameplay to be different.id want a different feel when aerialing and moving/spinning,the ball to have a but more spin, maybe maps with the factor of wind to contend with. dont want to wait like 4 to 5 maybe 6 or 7 years for a game to come out for it to just feel the same as its predecessor. thats just silly. keep the idea the same just alter it. Make different cars with different shapes be capable of different things. maps with more of a challenge but not to much. mini games that can be adapted with a menu option and then be used within unranked matches. And like iv mentioned to many people and probably mentioned on here a lot a tournament option in the menu. make a tournament format and save it to the game. psyonix have the ability to make the tournament official and when a tournament is official the psyonix badge appears next to that tournament. theres so many ideas for Sarpbc 2 thats how its took so long to come out they want to add everything so no one will be upset that there idea didnt get used :yaypsyonix:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:00 am

El, it doesn't maater hhow many ttimes itttts been menttioned, the mooree psyonix see it, tthe more it staands outt frooom the resttt in which ccase they maay take it onbboarrd deppending on how popuular the iddea is.if something ggetts mentioned ooce ovvver something that's mentiiioned everry 2 days, its kkindaaa obvioous whichh psyinix would choose, unless thheeey do a Superbot n pick Zeus n other random dude...
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby PureVilla on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:31 pm

oneill_clan wrote:Who was it that made the idea of ping pong again? :mrgreen:
Fantastic person whoever it was :P

And tbh id prefer the gameplay to be different.id want a different feel when aerialing and moving/spinning,the ball to have a but more spin, maybe maps with the factor of wind to contend with. dont want to wait like 4 to 5 maybe 6 or 7 years for a game to come out for it to just feel the same as its predecessor. thats just silly. keep the idea the same just alter it. Make different cars with different shapes be capable of different things. maps with more of a challenge but not to much. mini games that can be adapted with a menu option and then be used within unranked matches. And like iv mentioned to many people and probably mentioned on here a lot a tournament option in the menu. make a tournament format and save it to the game. psyonix have the ability to make the tournament official and when a tournament is official the psyonix badge appears next to that tournament. theres so many ideas for Sarpbc 2 thats how its took so long to come out they want to add everything so no one will be upset that there idea didnt get used :yaypsyonix:

Yea oneill! Like the wind could add spin to the ball making saves harder, which some have been asking for in topics i have seen! And they can do it because of that sandstorm level, they probably even have the script half done for it. Haha i remember learning ping pong early pure days xP
PureVilla
Acrobatic

Postby Hot Koolaid on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:10 am

Better CPU bots, shootout mode, and some sort of aerial simulator to practice free styles.
I'm a beast in that regard
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: HOT__Koolaid
Region: Both

Postby el-trickser on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 am

i would love if its for more than one console that they all play on the same server
of course the players then need to pick an extra name for the game (so that there arent names used twice) and the game needs an own message system but that would be awesome
imagine seeing around 100 teamgames and over 1000 ranked games :shock:
Last edited by el-trickser on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser

PSN ID: el-trickser
Steam ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby Hot Koolaid on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

The name needs to be longer
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby JadaSki on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Hot Koolaid wrote:The name needs to be longer

YES
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're going to have a slumber party to watch it in our jammies.
JadaSki
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: PlutoniumFalcon
Region: USA

Postby coolcole93 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:22 am

Best suggestion ever.
Gee whiz, thanks Ry-
Screw you, Ryan.
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby oneill_clan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:22 am

coolcole93 wrote:

Best suggestion ever.

Just add ":The Sequel" Already makes it an added 10 characters :yaypsyonix:
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Eriquo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 am

Hot Koolaid wrote:and some sort of aerial simulator to practice free styles.

freestyles are utterly pointless.
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU

Postby oneill_clan on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 am

Eriquo wrote:
Hot Koolaid wrote:and some sort of aerial simulator to practice free styles.

freestyles are utterly pointless.

agreed. I dont get why freestyles are so appealing, maybe if in the next sarpbc freestyles became more un controlable the longer it when on then yeah cause then the element of trying to save the freestyle from just being out of control would be cool. but atm its just crap
oneill_clan
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Hot Koolaid on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm

While you raise a good point that its not to effective, it's hard to find good matches on US servers, so the only way to spice up your game against bad players is by freestyles, drifts ect...
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby ihearvoices- on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm

PureVilla wrote: For instance one of my favourites is "Ping Pong"(very similar to the 'Territories' mini game). If games like this were taken and made as a feature for the game; in my opinion, it would make the game even better than it already is.

I totally agree. Psyonix originally had lot's of great ideas for the minigames, and the community made up the rest, which i'd love to see in online multiplayer too. As we have seen the simpliest maps tend to be most used (urban, stadium), so it's really not about the shape of the arenas, but the possibility of the extra content inside the box to keep the players happy and coming back for more.

To name a few, in the sequels online games there should be OPTIONS for;
-Different game-modes (ping-pong etc. etc. etc.. if nothing else from the list, lots of these)
-Different athmosphere modes (wind, gravity, slowly around the axis tilting arena! :shock: etc.)
-Different kinds of balls (square ball=crate, disc-type ball, heavy ball, low-gravity ball etc.)
-Different kinds of powerups (possibly a separate gameplay mode, maybe a random ? canister with both good and bad / offensive and defensive effects)
etc.
etc.
etc.

Eriquo wrote:freestyles are utterly pointless.

oneill_clan wrote:agreed.

Hot Koolaid wrote:While you raise a good point that its not to effective, it's hard to find good matches on US servers, so the only way to spice up your game against bad players is by freestyles, drifts ect...

With this I mean NO OFFENSE to anyone in particular.
I'm fed up with people dissing freestyle goals. It's just as Koolaid said, it's to spice up the game, in good terms, whenever possible. I for one wouldn't play anymore without some new (not to mention good looking :pimp: ) moves to try out and learn. You can freestyle on ground too, why ain't anybody complaining about that? It's different when someone totally f**ks up the game going on a mindless freestyle rampage, but i really don't see that happening. Personally I don't or even couldn't freestyle against people better than me. If someone can freestyle against you and win while doing so, it just means they're way above your level, so it's not really something to bitch about, is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sPNV8lYOc
Nieza wrote:Bottom line: Unranked is a playground. In a kindergarden. Make the other kids cry and enjoy yourself.
ihearvoices-
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: ihearvoices-
Steam ID: ihearvoices

Postby Nieza on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Minigames ftw.

Freestyle is only pointless when it doesn’t succeed, otherwise it’s likely to be faster than Mr. SafetyFirst and GoalieFullBoost.
As Voices -can i call you Voices? I’ll call you Voices- mentions, freestyle isn’t only what someone chose to name Aerial ballet, it’s as soon as you don’t rely on a flip or a single jump to do all the work. Hell, i think even a barrelroll can be freestyled. (In fact, i know)

Spinning around while flying in a straight line isn’t freestyle. It’s practice for making the real shit you won’t see coming!
I suck at that sport and i hate dribbling...but if someone beats me with it, he’s hands down better. Or being a wanker in 1v1. :P
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby dappydooda on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Freestylers can freestyle if they wan't to, they can leave there friends behind..... I don't mind them. I certainly find it more enjoyable if everyone is trying there best to win but if they want to bash that square button and miss a scoring chance thats fine. It can be annoying if guys are avoiding a competitive 2v2 to try and get hot replays against newer players on public servers. They can do that if they want I suppose.
The only thing that genuinely bothers me is the "boring goals" excuse for losing.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Without being promisey or vague

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Drop kick whatever you want.

SHOGUN-CAL wrote:All hail Dappy
dappydooda
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Markydooda
Steam ID: Don't look, too sexy

Postby Nieza on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 am

dappydooda wrote:Freestylers can freestyle if they wan't to, they can leave there friends behind..... I don't mind them. I certainly find it more enjoyable if everyone is trying there best to win but if they want to bash that square button and miss a scoring chance thats fine. It can be annoying if guys are avoiding a competitive 2v2 to try and get hot replays against newer players on public servers. They can do that if they want I suppose.
The only thing that genuinely bothers me is the "boring goals" excuse for losing.

In that case, i’m sorry. I fuck up at least 34 chances a day. :lol:
But it’s unranked...i think i’m allowed to. I know what you mean by letting your mate down in the process, but there’s always one or two trials involved and games are rarely as competitive as you’d hoped. I swear, people go online before even smelling the tutorial.... :|

Bottom line: Unranked is a playground. In a kindergarden. Make the other kids cry and enjoy yourself.
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: N13Z4

Postby Hot Koolaid on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 am

Nieza wrote:
dappydooda wrote:Freestylers can freestyle if they wan't to, they can leave there friends behind..... I don't mind them. I certainly find it more enjoyable if everyone is trying there best to win but if they want to bash that square button and miss a scoring chance thats fine. It can be annoying if guys are avoiding a competitive 2v2 to try and get hot replays against newer players on public servers. They can do that if they want I suppose.

In that case, i’m sorry. I fuck up at least 34 chances a day. :lol:
But it’s unranked...i think i’m allowed to. I know what you mean by letting your mate down in the process, but there’s always one or two trials involved and games are rarely as competitive as you’d hoped. I swear, people go online before even smelling the tutorial.... :|

Bottom line: Unranked is a playground. In a kindergarden. Make the other kids cry and enjoy yourself.

Exactly
Hot Koolaid
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Next

Return to Suggestions